The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We would have celebrated him if he went to RM

I bet City wish he had now Messi its available 🤣 oh how I feel sorry for them all. 

10 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I bet City wish he had now Messi its available 🤣 oh how I feel sorry for them all. 

No honest Pep says they never have been interested. 

He also doesn't spend much and Grealish only cost £40 million apparently. 

My bullshit meter has gone off the scale.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

So far, out of all of this Jack is the guaranteed winner. £115m contract and and an increased commercial presence. He’s made for life. 

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

His club salary plus massive sponsorship deals etc, he'll be on a fortune, him and his family are going to be fabulously wealthy

Let's be honest, while he's earning a huge amount of money at City, he and his family were made for life already. He earned £6m with us last year alone, let's not pretend it was a move he had to make for his family's financial security :D

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Let's be honest, while he's earning a huge amount of money at City, he and his family were made for life already. He earned £6m with us last year alone, let's not pretend it was a move he had to make for his family's financial security :D

The money is just a factor 

so is the champions league football. So is playing with/against the best players in the world  so is the commercial potentials 

It’s what his peers have and it’s what he wants… far more than “club legacy”

it’s cold, but that’s “elite” football for you  

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Of course not but let’s not pretend either that his new earnings of probably £15m a year will now mean that he can spread his wealth further for his family. It’s a head turner, surely everyone can see that. 

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

26 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The money is just a factor 

so is the champions league football. So is playing with/against the best players in the world  so is the commercial potentials 

It’s what his peers have and it’s what he wants… far more than “club legacy”

it’s cold, but that’s “elite” football for you  

It's all about how big a dick he can swing.

Him and his family already have a dream life but that's different to being fabulously wealthy,  he will be on a completely different level.

When with England he will have heard comments like, yeah, whatever, how many trophies have you won Jack. Suff like this happens and he will want to have something to answer them back with, like how much do you earn dick.

It's all about the money.

• Like 1

I noticed in one of their promo vids, he picks up a Man City scarf they laid out on a table for him, but instead of holding it up, he rolled it into a ball and put it back down on the table!

I guarantee he was trying to not do anything too enthusiastically in front of the camera for fear of further angering Villa fans.

It may have also just felt weird to do that after 19 years of being a Villan.

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Especially for a player unable to finish an entire season, hadn’t really played any internationals or European football. The club honestly didn’t think it would happen. That much I’m sure. 

On the whole, this was very good business for Aston Villa.

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Given how close Pep, Barcelona and Messi are I’m sure he’d have known about the situation a long time ago.

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Don't torture yourself and slavishly follow him now he has left us. He has made his decision and we need to put this behind us and move on.

Don't have to. All my social media and search history algorithms mean that I am bombarded with suggested jack content whether I like it or not :bang:.

A very interesting part of the athletic article was that villa were actively trying to sound out clubs other than man city because they are concerned about the monopoly that they are creating over the rest of the league

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The report claims that Real Madrid also held conversations with Dean Smith's side over the playmaker, but Grealish's camp signalled that he was only interested in making the move to the Etihad Stadium.

This makes sense. Put yourself in Jack's shoes. You're one of the top 50 players in the world. You have a chance to be one of the top 10. How do you take the next step? Jack has said before that he idolizes de Bruyne. Given that de Bruyne is 5 years older than him, he not only gets to learn from his idol but gets to be his successor. Meanwhile, read the (credible) quote about how much he enjoyed talking football with Guardiola. At City, he gets the chance to learn from two of the best. I'm sure he thinks that those two will help him take the next step and be a top 10 player.

4 minutes ago, TomC said:

This makes sense. Put yourself in Jack's shoes. You're one of the top 50 players in the world. You have a chance to be one of the top 10. How do you take the next step? Jack has said before that he idolizes de Bruyne. Given that de Bruyne is 5 years older than him, he not only gets to learn from his idol but gets to be his successor. Meanwhile, read the (credible) quote about how much he enjoyed talking football with Guardiola. At City, he gets the chance to learn from two of the best. I'm sure he thinks that those two will help him take the next step and be a top 10 player.

Nah I get that mate, was just interesting to see the insight of our club. As they have a point.

Many clubs have flat out refused to sell certain players to certain clubs in the past haven't they?

Notably the likes of Arsenal to Chelsea and vice versa

Man U to Liverpool/City etc.

Also in this case, Man City getting Kane AND Jack, starts taking them to Galacticos type levels.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah I get that mate, was just interesting to see the insight of our club. As they have a point.

Many clubs have flat out refused to sell certain players to certain clubs in the past haven't they?

Notably the likes of Arsenal to Chelsea and vice versa

Man U to Liverpool/City etc.

Also in this case, Man City getting Kane AND Jack, starts taking them to Galacticos type levels.

Arsenal /Chelsea do a lot of business but Spurs /Chelsea dont do business 

• Like 1

Out of any club in the country, City was the right club for him to move to. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t take that next step forward and quickly. I’ve not watched a Charity Shield in years but I’d watch it if I knew he was playing. 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Don't torture yourself and slavishly follow him now he has left us. He has made his decision and we need to put this behind us and move on.

Don't lie, you know you will watch Man City’s first game just to see how he does!

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

the athletic article just goes to show how much he wanted out. looks like purslow et al tried to make it difficult for him by stalling on accepting the bid and trying to do a deal with someone other than city. i think purslow didn't like the idea of him leaving on good terms with the fans when he's wanted out for a while...made him go onto the training pitch to watch the rest of the lads train etc.

It makes sense now as to why every reputable journalist said if it wasn't done by the end of the week he'd sign a new deal. Nice to finally get some clarity from what felt like such a weird situation.

Â