The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

If VT is any indication, who can blame him?

He’s still a Villa fan apparently.  If all of VT called me a word removed (please don’t, I’m very fragile) I wouldn’t take it out on the club.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

If VT is any indication, who can blame him?

The club have shown nothing but respect for him on their social media channels, so what we say on here is irrelevant. Odd that he would unfollow them given that he's supposed to be a fan?

rocket polisher.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Like @a m ole said, it's probably a branding decision.

Which just shows how fake and plastic he really is. How on Earth does continuing to follow your alleged boyhood club on social media damage his brand in any way?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Possibly ... but you don't get it do you?

Not sure you do?

To restate what Wainy said, if VT suddenly all turned against me and was giving me dogs abuse for whatever reason I wouldn't suddenly unfollow Villa on my social media accounts.

51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's what he said when signing a new contract that makes fans angry. Fooling us into thinking he was committed and believed In the project.

It's just PR that clubs ask players to do, it's very naive for fans to assume players are pledging eternal loyalty when they do this stuff.

• Like 3

I think his shins are royally f**ked. He can't do a full season. He wants medals and the glory, and he wants it now because of that. Pep can play him just enough games for him to look after them and get a few medals and pay him a bucket load for that. Villa can't and don't have that privelidge. We simply don't. He can play less games for them and still pick up winners medals. Problem is can Jack adapt to that way of playing? Can he be disciplined to Pep's rigid system? Theirry Henry got hauled off for not sticking to his role despite scoring the winning first half goal in a game. Stay at Villa he'd had retired at 29-30 I reckon with his shins and other issues. Think at City and less games he'll get another 2 seasons tops.

6 years on £370k pw

It’s massive gamble for City. If it don’t work out for Grealish be it form or injuries, it’s going to be hard for Man City to move him on. Only the “super league clubs” will be able to afford to match them wages. He will be stuck on the books for years sucking up all that money. 

Could be a start of the same problem that Barcelona has now. A club full of duffers on inflated wages not being able to move them else where. 

It’s great for him, because he’s now made for life regardless what happens.

All the Gamble is on City. 6 years…. Ouch 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Just imagine if Messi had left Barca only a week sooner...

Maybe City would have signed Messi instead. Maybe not.

Would you rather have a 34 year old Messi or a 25 year old Grealish? Messi is still a better player right now, but he won't be in two years. He's getting old. They now have Grealish for what will probably be the peak 6 years of his career.

Â