The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, villalad21 said:

We offered him more money than City.

Still wanted to leave.

I don't think he would have accepted the deal if we put a 150-200 M on the release clause.

We may have leaked we did to paint a pretty PR picture but there was never a contract from Villa that guaranteed him £100m over 5 years, we can't do that at present. FFP is inked to your earnings and turnover it would have crippled us.  

Ypu're not going to want to hear this but if we can make good money on the likes of Konsa next year this  is how we will grow more quickly unless we start to win things and swell massively. 

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

We may have leaked we did to paint a pretty PR picture but there was never a contract from Villa that guaranteed him £100m over 5 years, we can't do that at present. FFP is inked to your earnings and turnover it would have crippled us.  

Ypu're not going to want to hear this but if we can make good money on the likes of Konsa next year this  is how we will grow more quickly unless we start to win things and swell massively. 

I am fully aware of this.

Even Leicester is a selling club.

Until you become elite which basically means you are a regular top 4 team and fighting for trophies, players will want out if the big boys approach them.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We offered him more money than City.

Still wanted to leave.

I don't think he would have accepted the deal if we put a 150-200 M on the release clause.

More than £370k pw?

We may of offered more than he was already getting, but more than £370k? Doubt it. That would be completely reckless for a club in our standing. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He would have because it's guaranteed money, a contract to a footballer is not sold as £10k or £20k p/w. it's sold as guaranteed £100m over 5 years, so Jacks new contract with us (should he have signed) would have been £60m over 5 years or stay as you are and have £26m over 4 years. There's absolutely no way as a footballer you wouldn't take that,  it could all end tomorrow with a bad challenge. 

He can talk about trophies but the reality is he's getting an extra £40m guaranteed on top of our offer this is the difference, even with our owners wealth and the possibility that we can generate £500m pounds a year as a club down the line, you can not compete with Oil clubs.  That's why it's a massive problem not just for us but the game. If you think the halls of power at Old Trafford, Anfield aren't alarmed by this deal your wrong. That is why they went for the ESL, they face financial ruin to try and compete and the average fan expects them to compete, and gary Silly **** Neville starts talking about communities. This is ruthless business now, from that point of view I can see why Grealish's family and jack have done this, but they've been underhand in it and used villa to get it, that's what i can't forgive it's against my morals especially when it comes to the Villa.

I appreciate your honesty and insights into this sorry saga. The betrayal honestly hurts. 

16 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

FB_IMG_1628332062157.jpg

Barnett is 72 now and in a glorified position now since he sold to ICM last year his son and David Manasseh are the guys doing the leadership day to day. It's not a specific agent more a general business practice that brokers this, Stellar are very good that's why they're no 1 and ICM brought them, they recognise potential value and manipulate and leverage their way to huge contracts, fees and transfers.  He Barnett got fined 100k for Ashley Cole meeting Chelsea and fans think "ah the FA have stopped tapping up" but it's a bit like the local police raiding your neighbour who has 3 cannabis plants, it was a symbolic gesture only to appease calls to clamp down. You can't stop it and it will continue to happen, we do it when we contact an agent saying we want a player.

Edited by Fairy In Boots

12 hours ago, Mic09 said:

What if he did a Purslow like video, thanking everyone for all the years together, explaining that a footballers career is short and this is the best move for him at the moment, saying he will pay for all the Grealish shirts that kids bought and wish Villa all the best in the future.

Small gesture, a goodbye, and I think it would have been accepted by a majority of fans.

Yes, this 100%. Not a run of the mill instagram post. Say it, don't write it.

Just now, villa4europe said:

I wouldn't trust kaveh solhekol to tell me the colour of **** grass

That's a SSN special you scratch my back ill scratch yours, we'll report some utter guff about villa offering more to try and tell the world that this isn't about money and then in the future you can give us an exclusive in return 

Its utter bollocks

Fair enough

I'd still like to know what we offered though.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Fair enough

I'd still like to know what we offered though.

Yeah me too definitley because as I just said in the transfer thread the structure means that even if 1 player gets mega money everyone else will then start to creep up to match it 

If jack got £370k a week from villa how long would it be before martinez, mings and Watkins have their agent in the phone? 

It doesn't work, I'd be surprised if we went over £250k a week and maybe a bigger share of his image rights 

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

More than £370k pw?

We may of offered more than he was already getting, but more than £370k? Doubt it. That would be completely reckless for a club in our standing. 

We could have offered him 400k pw and he'd still earn less here then there. His club salary plus massive sponsorship deals etc, he'll be on a fortune, him and his family are going to be fabulously wealthy, hence why it probably was a less difficult decision for him, he difficult part would have telling the club and the players he wanted out.

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We could have offered him 400k pw and he'd still earn less here then there. His club salary plus massive sponsorship deals etc, he'll be on a fortune, him and his family are going to be fabulously wealthy, hence why it probably was a less difficult decision for him, he difficult part would have telling the club and the players he wanted out.

Having to explain to mcginn why he can't go with him 

• Haha 1

I am over it, and just want to move forward. I always have and always will love Villa more than Grealish. F*** him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yep that is also a factor. 

we were never keeping him. New contract offer, a Totti documentary. A statue or even a stand named after him. He’s was going. The boy wanted to play in the champions league and he couldn’t wait for Villa to get there. 

Footballing status quo wins again. 

So far, out of all of this Jack is the guaranteed winner. £115m contract and and an increased commercial presence. He’s made for life. 

if the 3 “replacement” signings end up being great then villa is a winner too

if Grealish can keep injury free and his form up, Man City win too. But they have massively gambled on Jack. 6 year deal on elite wages… if it don’t work out for jack, it’s a massive burn for city, because they’ll never be able to shift him 

• Like 1

Anybody seen this?

Apparently, we would have preferred him to go to Man U or Real Madrid. Makes sense to be fair. Full story in link.

The report claims that Real Madrid also held conversations with Dean Smith's side over the playmaker, but Grealish's camp signalled that he was only interested in making the move to the Etihad Stadium.

Villa were allegedly reluctant to sell the Englishman to Pep Guardiola's side, as they are 'concerned their (City's) success and financial clout are damaging the competition'.

Aston Villa 'offered Jack Grealish to Manchester United (sportsmole.co.uk)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

20 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Even if we offered more i can almost guarantee City have topped up the weekly with lots of sponsorship endorsements.

Similarly to how PSG ( Qatar Owned ) players get a shed load of added perks and endorsements out here.

I commented that, outside of the jurisdiction of the PL, these clubs, basically owned by countries, can offer SO much more!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â