The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

How would everyone feel about him had we known he personally asked for a release clause when signing a new contract last summer?

We did know, but we chose not to believe it and cast it aside as media bull shit.

22 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’d like to see Messi in the premier league. I  don’t think he’s that hot on a move here personally. His wages alone would make it a no deal for clubs over here apart from maybe one or two. 

You'd think PSG, but I have little doubt it would have been City apart from timing., You could hear Baldy saying that they're confident in Jack because they thought Messi would be staying.

dTcAHZc.jpg

• Like 1

I was speaking to an arsenal friend of mine about this transfer and it just makes me bitter.

There's no way we accept 100m unless there's a clause, I basically said this to him, he argued, so I said if he played for arsenal and man city offered 100m would you accept it, and they said "with all respect to villa, that's a bit different though" I obviously disagree it's any different with where arsenal are right now, but...

This is the problem both with this sale and with this clause, I feel mugged off that it makes us look unambitious yet again, villa is a **** big club, both historically and the infrastructure, yet all other teams(and no doubt players) see is not much different than Burnley, Southampton, Brighton, Newcastle, palace in terms of current ambition.

I honestly believe in this board and backroom we have we seem to be doing all the right things in building up a young and talented squad, but this clause just hurts man, it wasn't enough for a release clause, especially not our captain and talisman.

I think the thing mentioned in the article  that wound him up for a move most was seeing his mates, a lot of them younger playing in champions league finals etc.  Especially having then spent the summer with a lot of them.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I didn’t read it like that. I think Purslows issues were with City not Jack. I think Jack got caught in the middle. 

They're despised by all clubs within England, we would actively like to no do business with them at all. Behind the scenes they're a horrible club financially bullying everyone

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

That Gregg Evans article sounds like a great load of BS as usual. The odd bit may be true but I was rolling my eyes the further I read down the article. Especially the Real Madrid/ Man Utd bit.

Tragic journalist.

Yes total journalistic crap. This bit about the hundred million clause not being known by Man City, yeah right 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Funny how Manchester Shitty bid exactly £100m before the 'deadline'. Didn't know about it.😂

Jonathan Barnett. ICM Stellar. Need I say more.?

😀

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

No he hasn’t and it’s not him anyway it’s ran by stellar 

He had last night, saw it with my own eyes on Instagram at least.  Refollowed this morning it seems.

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes total journalistic crap. This bit about the hundred million clause not being known by Man City, yeah right 🤣

If they had bid anything other than the 100 it's believable. Scrambling around with Real Madrid? Manchester United are sort of skint too. 

Greedlish has taken a hit. "He was getting annoyed etc..". 

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

they were told before xmas 

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He had last night, saw it with my own eyes on Instagram at least.  Refollowed this morning it seems.

it's not him, this isn't a stellar practise it's pretty much how big agencies work. They view players as assets so to protect the assets they manage the brand this is done by looking after social media, players have limited access to it or have private accounts with duff names.  You're talking about a £200m transfer here in terms of value, you can't have that jeopardised by rogue twitter posts, it's careful brand management. telling is the video didn't have anything from last season, it's almost like it's been in cold storage since last summer.😉

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If they had bid anything other than the 100 it's believable. Scrambling around with Real Madrid? Manchester United are sort of skint too. 

Greedlish has taken a hit. "He was getting annoyed etc..". 

Because the clause expired today, Evans is correct, hence the deadline. Calling man United was our efforts at an Alamo style resolution to the deal, we know we've been **** here and tried to blow it up on them rather than let them win.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Have to say that for legal reasons. Can't say City knew about a private clause when it's clear they did

1 hour ago, jim said:

We did know, but we chose not to believe it and cast it aside as media bull shit.

so many of us, me included, gave the likes of evans etc shit for the stuff they wrote. i'm still plucking up the effort to send evans an apology note because i went in quite hard on him in the athletic comments more than once (sure he doesn't really care...just feel it's right). my opinions on him hasn't really changed in terms of his abilities and i'm still not convinced he's the right man to have as our athletic representitive, but can't argue he (or rather his sources) got it spot on. even last summer when he constantly said jack was expected to leave and we chose not to believe it, it sounded like that would've been the case if a reasonable bid materialised.

sam lee is still a Representative for Wellingborough though...handled himself very poorly during the whole thing, whether he was correct or not. at least evans didn't bite back and just let the whole thing play out. lee writing a long article about how jack will fit in to the city side when no reputable journos had reported a bit was incredibly disrespectful, and he deserved the stick he got...then had the nerve to cry about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you’re a top elite player you want to win trophies and earn as much as possible whilst doing it. Jack wasn’t going to get that from us in the next 2, 3 or even 4 years, which is his prime. I respect that, understand it and therefore accept his wish to move to an elite club. They will be in the mix year on year to win trophies. We won’t at present, fact.

Problem here is what was said last summer by him and his demeanour since the turn of this year. He focus on us in 2021 has wavered and may even had diminished. Our league position was faltering and his England chances were being scrutinised. His head had turned in my opinion and this was disappointing to see. In addition, it appeared his complete focus towards the end of the season was England and nothing else. What we’ve since learned and seen over the last week also stings a bit, but that’s football. 

I am eternally grateful to Jack for helping us back to where we belong and will never forget that. He was our talisman after all. Therefore, I won’t boo or jeer him. However, it will be a sad day when I see him lift the Premier League or Champions League trophy in their colours and not ours.

Finally, watching England won’t be the same for a while and will be a painful watch. I will dread each international break because I won’t have our club to focus on also.

All in all a disappointing end for him and us, but as a supporter of this great club, we move on together and we’re in a fantastic place to grow still. UTV

• Like 2

Â