The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Cheap tickets but I get your point regarding Man City 

Yeah for £20 I'd be going tbf 

Even with all their previous trips there must be some city fans who've never been able to get tickets to the proper finals so should have seen this as the chance to do it 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Even with all their previous trips there must be some city fans who've never been able to get tickets to the proper finals so should have seen this as the chance to do it 

They seem to struggle to sell out cup finals but that’s down to constantly playing there I think . Hopefully they bring Grealish on . That’s the only reason I’ve got game on. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

carabao cup went general sale. had plenty of villa fans in their end

though i guess carabao cup isn't a 'proper' final for them either

going off topic i know, but if i could change a league rule, i would ban teams playing in europe from the carabao cup. would mean a new winner every year and therefore also a new team playing european football every year too. it clearly means nothing to certain teams

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

going off topic i know, but if i could change a league rule, i would ban teams playing in europe from the carabao cup. would mean a new winner every year and therefore also a new team playing european football every year too. it clearly means nothing to certain teams

100% this

Its the only way to save the competition 

• Like 1

At the end of the season the club had that auction for acorns, selling a couple of signed shirts for each player. I got up to about £1k for Grealish's shirt. I think the final price was just north of £2k. Imagine paying 2k, plus a bit more to have it framed, hanging it up on your wall, then he **** off before playing another game for us. :crylaugh:

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I agree, I’d also try and wrap it up in December ahead of the Fa Cup 3rd round and inevitable fixture congestion. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

My solution would be go the Rugby route, and just play EFL Cup games during International periods. The teams with loads of internationals tend to rotate heavily anyway so it's not like they'd be adversely affected and teams outside the Premier League tend to not have International players, so I feel it would give a decently level playing field.

Keep the final and 1st Round where they are, but then have the 2nd/3rd Rnds in the September Internationals, 4th Rnd and Quarters in October and the Semis in November, all games played the Thursday and Tuesday around those windows.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I agree, I’d also try and wrap it up in December ahead of the Fa Cup 3rd round and inevitable fixture congestion. 

I agree with banning teams in Europe from it, but why not have it at the end of the season? One week after the FA Cup? If the European teams aren't involved it won't effect CL final, and it will help with fixture congestion during the season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Good idea, but absolutely no chance. 

Carabao, Worthington, Carling etc would pay 10% of their sponsorship fee if the ESLScum6 weren't taking part

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

That’s actually a brilliant idea. Especially keeping the european spot free for anyone in the pyramid.

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Even with all their previous trips there must be some city fans who've never been able to get tickets to the proper finals 

I doubt that. Easy enough for them to get tickets for fa cup finals. 

Â