The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

49 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Guys this really is the Start for our great club 100mil for a player who cost us zero in transfer fees.

We have bailey and beundia with more to come, we will be a more rounded team with no reliance on one player. When jack was out injured with his shins we struggled.

Jack has issues with those shins it's clear but our great club can move on and try to get to the promise land without jack.

I'm.excited where we can go the owners will get it right and a new hero can be found.

Onwards and upwards thank-you jack grealish goodluck at city.

You don't choose aston villa it chooses you.

UTV

As i was reading this i thought I'm going to give this post a like. 

Then i got to the bit in bold and that blew it for me.

Agree with the rest of it though.

He gets zero good luck from me. He's just another player playing for the opposition who (regardless of who they are) i don't want to do well.

F*** him.

Edited by imavillan
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I was sure Jack would have wanted to play 1 season back in front of the Holte end in a Villa top again, after the hollowness of the empty stadiums last season.

I think we are all seeing a situation, that was not exactly clear to us.....Only Gabby was ever going to hold the torch, for never leaving the Villa.

Jack has followed his dream and it never was going to be with us, realistically.....I wish him well, and no recriminations from me, I think his " my club, my city etc looks a bit silly now and the disingenuity, shouldn't really surprise any of us, but Jack was different,he was one of us, I believed in his loyalty, but he is actually no better than those who made their name with us, from elsewhere....No better than Andy Gray for example who learned his trade at Dundee utd and fine tuned it with us, winning the players player and young player of the year award, but Andy was from Drumchapel not Solihull.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I agree no need to trash him for going,  life's too short.

Don't agree it was a once in a lifetime opportunity though, coudl have comfortably stayed for one or two more years of his contract seen how it went with us and then had the pick of the best sides in Europe to go to.

Playing for England a big factor too with the World Cup coming up. He knows that Southgate won't give him the chance he deserves while he's at Villa. I honestly think Southgate will start him now! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Sky sports saying he's with Villa training camp but a plane is on standby. I just don't understand why he's there today. Training serves no purpose for Villa. 

Lol they're just talking nonsense then. Not saying he's staying but if it was actually happening today he would not be training with the team.

Dunno if it's been mentioned but could this be a dig at Jack from SJM..

"The team spirit is amazing," he adds. "We had our aims secretly to get into Europe (last season). We're not far away. We're a team in progress. Hopefully we can add a couple more pals & top-class players over the next couple of weeks to help what could be a European push." #AVFC

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

"The team spirit is amazing," he adds. "We had our aims secretly to get into Europe (last season). We're not far away. We're a team in progress. Hopefully we can add a couple more pals & top-class players over the next couple of weeks to help what could be a European push." #AVFC

No

19 minutes ago, deck said:

There's surely some hindsight revisionism about Totti's chest-thumping. Roma were in the mix near the top of the Serie A table for the majority of his seasons with them (along with the one title they did win, Roma were runners-up nine times, I think, came 3rd once, 4th once and 5th three times during his time there).  He also won two Coppa Italias with them, and was a World Cup winner with Italy (which obviously stokes the fire of his legend status a fair bit).  Would Totti have stayed loyal if Roma had been bobbing around in mid-table ignominy or worse season after season, making it harder for him to establish himself in the national side?

I guess the only person that knows the answer to that question is Totti , point is he remained loyal to Roma, when he could have easily joined Juve, Milan, Madrid... And won a lot more Serie A titles and champions Leagues.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I've heard this is not over just yet. Apparently he is still to sit down with the owners????!!! Dun dun derrrr. 

How would anybody know this. Beyond that, how could a move to City be all but complete without him sitting down with the owners?

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Lol nah, you're looking too into that one mate. That's just SJM being SJM. 

8 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Feel sorry for those with a tattoo of Jack. What design should they get to cover those up is the question🤔

Easy. Couple of minor tweaks and its a Matty Cash tattoo! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â