The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I don't know what to make of all this. Jack is at a training camp in a very publicly visible location, the training seems somewhat lacking in intensity, there is absolutely no word from any official club account about this despite it being the star player returning... It all seems odd. Just... odd.

It makes sense to me tbh. We're holding off on saying anything for one of two reasons:

1) He's staying, in which case it's the biggest business of the summer and will be duly treated as such.

or

2) He's leaving, in which case the OS / social media admins aren't about to break our hearts by posting a load of "👀 Look who it is" content.

• Thanks 1

Just now, est1874 said:

It makes sense to me tbh. We're holding off on saying anything for one of two reasons:

1) He's staying, in which case it's the biggest business of the summer and will be duly treated as such.

or

2) He's leaving, in which case the OS / social media admins aren't about to break our hearts by posting a load of "👀 Look who it is" content.

It’s likely number 2. He still has to train.

Just now, est1874 said:

or

Well the club will be acutely aware that all eyes are on Jack. Would they even make him so accessible and give the fans false hope?

Considering most places said it would be Monday / Tuesday that him and Emi would be back, did they need to wheel him out today in a seemingly very open venue?

18 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

If it's 108 quid a night surely we can rustle that up between us and get a VT'er to go and check in? Who lives near there?

I drove right past it this afternoon. If only I’d known what was going on I’d have checked in. 🙄

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Well the club will be acutely aware that all eyes are on Jack. Would they even make him so accessible and give the fans false hope?

Considering most places said it would be Monday / Tuesday that him and Emi would be back, did they need to wheel him out today in a seemingly very open venue?

It is strange he’s come back a day early. Maybe he was missing football so much he insisted on training? 

Just now, StanBalaban said:

Yeah, it's a weirdly public location - like the club are deliberately ensuring he is seen back in training without officially stating it. They must have known he'd be seen and it would raise a million more questions.

Just now, choffer said:

I drove right past it this afternoon. If only I’d known what was going on I’d have checked in. 🙄

Head over now! Maybe theres a bar in there and you can grab a drink?

I just went to the hotel when they were on tour over here. They were just playing cards in the bar.

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Emi and Mings were back today too, I don't think there was anything official about them coming back in the week, just people guessing.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It is strange he’s come back a day early. Maybe he was missing football so much he insisted on training? 

If the fees have been agreed as the speculators have said in the press, I doubt the club would have had him there today. Especially as no one was expecting him, therefore his absence wouldn't have caused a stir.

Not saying he's definitely staying, but I think there's a fair bit more to be decided.

Plus, if he was effectively gone, surely he'd be keeping fit somewhere out of the spotlight?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Emi and Mings were back today too, I don't think there was anything official about them coming back in the week, just people guessing.

Guessing about everything...

My point was that no one would've raised an eyebrow had he not been there today. The club would be aware of the hope it gives the fans, especially in an open venue.

Just seems strange.

Just now, StanBalaban said:

Guessing about everything...

My point was that no one would've raised an eyebrow had he not been there today. The club would be aware of the hope it gives the fans, especially in an open venue.

Just seems strange.

It clearly wasn't a locked down training session. There are obviously kids, family members and friends there too. The club knew full well pictures would get out and they knew it would give the fans hope. Like you say, it's very strange they'd allow that to happen if it's going to be bad news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Leaving or not, why wouldn't he be training? I don't think it means much.

If he were definitely leaving, there’s no way he’d be training with us. Not saying he’s definitely staying, but I’m absolutely encouraged seeing him back in training. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Leaving or not, why wouldn't he be training? I don't think it means much.

I just doubt he would be training at a public venue with the new kit on if he was going to City. Kinda kicks us fans in the bulls giving hope like that.

• Like 3

Â