The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

That pendulum is starting to swing.. 

TBF, I never much liked Romano before this Grealish stuff but he actually seems fairly reasoned. He’s also been very consistent on this transfer from the start. He’s said numerous times that the offer and the contract is on the table from City but Villa will try to convince him to stay, 

And that’s what we’re doing. Probably right now. 

Come on NSWE. Work your magic. You’ve got this. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That pendulum is starting to swing.. 

TBF, I never much liked Romano before this Grealish stuff but he actually seems fairly reasoned. He’s also been very consistent on this transfer from the start. He’s said numerous times that the offer and the contract is on the table from City but Villa will try to convince him to stay, 

And that’s what we’re doing. Probably right now. 

Come on NSWE. Work your magic. You’ve got this. 

0CADAAE1-A442-4F1F-985D-EE27F20B309D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As part of my coping mechanism I've been trying to focus on the positives in the event of jack leaving. Here they are, feel free to add your own:

-£100m

-Will no longer be a one man team - responsibility and leadership will be spread more evenly through the team

-Won't have to put up with this media driven transfer window will jack go or not  nonsense every 6 months

-If he were to stay, villa's every result will be under the microscope and the narrative every time we lose will be on how jack will be regretting not having moved

-£100 million

-The players that £100m can buy - who doesn't love a big incoming transfer signing

-Risk management - having our entire season depending on the fitness and/or form of jack is bad and risky and I poop myself every time jack gets kicked

-Squad equity and fairness - having one player earn fathoms more than the rest of the squad is bound to lead to some unrest and murmurings

-the fella can't even get into an average England team and wasn't even villa's player of the season last year - he got beaten by a goalie of all people! 

• Like 3

If Grealish signs a new deal, I don’t buy into the ‘give us one more year, Jack’ philosophy. If he pens the deal then he is here for a long time (as long as we keep showing progression). 

It will be one of the most important signings/things to happen to our club in the last 10 years. The best/richest side in the world tried to take our best player, with a record transfer fee and the player said no. It will be a seismic moment for Villa. I’m actually of the belief we can improve even without Grealish but every fan in world football will stand up and take note of our club, the player and what these guys at the top of our club are doing. 

Come on Jack, sign the deal. 

• Like 2

I genuinely despise these pricks on Twitter making shit up just hoping it sticks so they can claim they were itk.

There should be a post mortem looking through some of these people's claims when this is resolved.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This thread could never be accused of hyperbole. It’s Jack Grealish and not Pele. People saying that they have followed Villa all their life and he is the greatest player to pull on the Claret and Blue. Who fills out the top 3? Heskey and Curcic? 
You or at least some of you need to take a step back and look that players come and go, he isn’t McGrath, or Sid, he is merely the man currently that is your latest centrefold of Shoot magazine. Stay or leave, life will go on and next season you will have a new name on your shirt. 

good comment.

..and lets face it, Villa are doing to Norwich what City are doing to you.

Difference is Norwich might not have a team after you sign ALL their good players.

I guess its a case of glass houses.....

Just now, Jareth said:

First Citeh tweeter to say something like this - got thousands of followers and also further down a French guy with similar following repeating it

Just imagine if in 10 minutes time we get a tweet from the Villa admin along the lines of...

Morning Villans 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Grealish signs a new deal, I don’t buy into the ‘give us one more year, Jack’ philosophy. If he pens the deal then he is here for a long time (as long as we keep showing progression). 

It will be one of the most important signings/things to happen to our club in the last 10 years. The best/richest side in the world tried to take our best player, with a record transfer fee and the player said no. It will be a seismic moment for Villa. I’m actually of the belief we can improve even without Grealish but every fan in world football will stand up and take note of our club, the player and what these guys at the top of our club are doing. 

Come on Jack, sign the deal. 

It's too close to him leaving for me that it means he's here for the long term.

I think it's a miniscule chance he stays. I'm resigned to him going now (I keep telling myself, to make it hurt less).

If he signs a new deal, that deal will have a clause in it too. I'd expect the clause to be Qualify for Europe or Release Clause of ~£80m. Hopefully at end of 22/23 season but realistically  probably at any time from next summer.

I still think its all too little too late but if he was to stay that would be my guess

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

First Citeh tweeter to say something like this - got thousands of followers and also further down a French guy with similar following repeating it

probably not the right place but they don't really need Kane or Grealish. What they need is Pep to get his tactics right in the big matches. 

Btw I've been watching villa since 1980 and Jack is definitely the most talented player I've seen. Then Yorke and McGrath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Fully agree with DAVKAUS  there should be a post-mortem on the “Grealish” posts. I suspect so much rubbish will be identified it will be easier to have a “trusted source list” rather than an over-long “black list”.

What are trusted sources these daysa?

There is so much tripe reported, that until anyone is seen sitting at a table signing a contract, you can't believe it.

• Like 4

Â