The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

its time for a mature view that Jack has out grown our football, not the club, the football we currently play....

I respect you TRO but this is absolute tosh!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When he had multiple public digs at us for having shit set piece takers, were you upset?

I'm now even starting to believe the people who claim that he indeed DID want to go to Tottenham, Man U, and now the obvious.

Tottenham move was ultimately blocked, and they offered Peanuts.

Man U didn't want to pay the money.

Man City are now serious and a different level of attraction.

I genuinely think his " Love " and " Loyalty " is overrated.

If we offered him 500 k per week he might suddenly feel alot more loyal though, and we could roll out the 6 year old diving in the bushes like the Holte End story again. lol

As I've said, I won't be abusing him, but i've felt he is more interested in shiny lights and celebrity status than  loyalty " to us for quite a while.

The incessant blowing smoke up his arse and " can do no wrong " attitude from a section of our fans towards him, will have aided in the ego and billy big bollox notion of him being bigger than the club as well.

I would love to have this rammed down my throat and look an absolute tool.

I'm convinced he did want to go. Basically, every time there has been interest in him in one way or another, he has wanted to go. Only difference now is that the interest appears that it may be followed up, whereas it never really got off the ground before.

I actually used to sit near him at games back when he was in the youth team. He was there with the rest of the youth team squad when we had the likes of Harry Forrester. Obviously they'd all been given tickets to the games. He used to mess around the entire game. Never showed any interest in it. Maybe he was being Jack the lad in front of his mates as he was only young then but he never really came across as a die hard fan watching his team to me, which I've always found a bit odd.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Who said they have submitted a bid, the daily Star!!!

John Percy. The most reliable Midlands football journalist around. 

People are really desperate, I get it. But there’s clearly been contact. You’re setting yourself up for a fall

5 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Pretty sure all media outlets are reporting it?

Yeah but they all basically copy eachother. It’s like me saying Dean Smith wants to sign Oyvind Leonhardson and then all the other media outlets repeating it, next thing you know the club shops sold out of V’s. 

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So it's guaranteed a bid has gone into Villa, defo!

Well to your point Rob Dorsett said yesterday morning, after the Percy article came out, that no formal bid was actually submitted. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People are really desperate, I get it. But there’s clearly been contact. You’re setting yourself up for a fall

Just cos is he supposedly reliable doesn’t mean it’s gospel. 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Did the OP not mean that there hasn't been any contact from the clubs to the press?

• Like 1

I just can’t shake the feeling that IF he does go, the biggest factor will be his chances for playing a significant role in the World Cup. Once that’s done, Jack will be almost 27 and may not have another chance. 

I think not being a starter at the Euros really hurt Jack, and whilst it’s a gamble that whether he’s playing for Villa or City he still won’t get a look in, playing at City (unfortunately) probably gives him a better chance. 

Fu***** Southgate.

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Did the OP not mean that there hasn't been any contact from the clubs to the press?

There very rarely is, its sometimes someone from the outer circle putting 2 and 2 together and that makes it a source. 

Normally with Mr Percy, he is on stuff that's just a formality now and not at a first bid stage, so I'd expect something official pretty quickly if his info is sound.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Maybe there's been a bid. Doesn't mean there has been an agreement. Let's just see how this pans out. Either way I still have faith in our owners and club.

Can’t put enough emphasis on Wes Edens’ experience in this field imo. There’s a lot of money in NBA contracts, a lot of egos and he’ll have been in similar situations before with the Bucks.

• Like 3

Â