The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Bailey signing must surely give him something very very serious to think about. I'm sure our owners have the negotiating skills necessary to convince him to stay!

If playing alongside Bailey and Buendia isn't enough to convince him of our ambitions, he can do one. Won't get any recognition  from me as a legend and will not care a single iota how he gets on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

So you don't think the same will happen again next summer? Say Martinez, Konsa, Watkins etc? We are stuck in catch 22. We want to progress but hit a glass ceiling because anytime we get a decent player or two they get taken away and back down the league we go. It's happened numerous times, again are you denying any of what I said isn't true? Therefore what I have said isn't dramatic, just straight to the point and accurate.

Sadly.

We have to be quicker at spotting and recruiting talent, than losing it.....its not rocket science....and I think we are going down that route, gradually.

In the past, owners have banked it and not reinvested, that doesn't seem the case now., with their recruitment, development.....The trick is overall, (not one transfer), is to recruit better than what you lose, eventually you will grow Jack is an exception, we won't recruit better than Jack like for like......Leicester have done it very well, so have West Ham to a degree....Wolves shows what happens when the pace of recruitment slows down.

what if Bailey comes in and we score more goals as result....what then?.....it could happen.

Edited by TRO

Watkins

Bailey       Grealish      Buendia

What a frontline this could have been.

Just give us one more season Jack!

Edited by AshVilla

12 minutes ago, birdman said:

We've just agreed terms with Bailey subject to a medical Oi Oi!! 

with Bailey, not BL...to my knowledge.

what confuses you?....unless I am unaware of us agreeing a Transfer Fee with Bayer Leverkusen.

Edited by TRO
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Yes that’s true. If our owners are really ambitious and not the Lerner/Doug etc , top up another 20m and bid 120m for Foden. Of course he wouldn’t come but as long as there’s a official bid , it shows we are not the pushover Villa of past , and will improve the morale of the team as well . 

I don't see how doing something that would turn our club into a laughing stock would improve morale, tbh! ☺️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We’ve just agreed a deal with his club?

On the fee?....what have we agreed to pay then?, perhaps you have slicker info.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

The club announced we've agreed terms with BL on the transfer, and need to finalise terms with Bailey. Why would Grealish situation hold up that agreement of terms?

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

It’s on the OS mate

The fact that we've just announced officially that we've  reached an agreement for a price with Leverkusen for Bailey says to me a deal for Jack still hasn't been reached or accepted.

Edited by VillaJay

27 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

My take...

The timelines are different. Jack needs / wants Champions League football now, in the peak of his career. Villa do too, but we're a decade behind City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool. 

An NBA team who gets first pick in the draft, generally does so because they were the worst team the previous year. The first pick might be a generational talent, who wants to win it all. Realistically it will take that team a long time to build a roster around him to be able to compete with the mainstays of the league. 

We can't move forward as fast as Jack needs us too. Our progress has been phenomenal since NSWE came in, but this step up now to consistent European football will be the hardest and take the longest. Jack doesn't have the same amount of time to waste. 

If he goes, I dont blame him. We're both on upward trajectories, his is just faster than ours. Chukwumeka, Ramsey x 2, Barry and Bidace might be the right players, at the right time, to grow with us. Not out grow us.

Time will tell.

Great post in my opinion..

I think that Villa have been thinking along these lines from the start of the NSWE ownership, hence buying up as many 18 - 20 year old talent hoping that some of them will stick and become great together..

If he goes and we get 100M then I hope that we spend a proportion of the money on the same strategy.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Corleone said:

It didnt stop the Likes of Phillips / Rice playing nearly every minute despite not playing for "Elite" clubs and it also didnt stop the likes of Chilwell / Foden / James hardly featuring at all despite only recently having played in the CL Final (you can throw Sancho into the mix as well)

Sure, but at the end of the day 8/10 outfield players were from ManU, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal.

Rice and Philips got a look in because England don’t have any other defensive mids at the top clubs.

Literally all the players you mentioned didn’t play because their position was already filled by someone from the Big 6; Shaw, Saka and Walker. What’s your point?

Literally all the players you

Everyone going on this is the jack money being spent, is no one looking at the bucks/eden/swaris and rather then being negative. Perhaps thinking Jack said will I win things at villa and the owners creating a team to make him think I can win stuff here to keep him. Maybe man city got his attention so the owners put a mad contract and agreed a point to prove signing to entice him to stay not to replace him 🤔

So according to the Express Grealish will ask for a transfer when he returns on Monday. If he does that then he goes down so far in my estimations and look forward to Matty Cash hurting him on his return to VP.

Don't expect a friendly welcome Jack.

If he felt like this he could have given the club 2 months to get players in and prepared for the new season. He can f@#k off

Â