The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Thug said:

That prick Coufal.

When asked about jack he said "He's fantastic.  He needs to leave for a good club"

Says the guy playing for a proper shitty club.

Czechs think West Ham are a huge London club.

• Haha 2

I can't stand half of this England team TBH. Only player worth watching is Jack. I noticed how balloon ego Henderson practically shunned him as they were in the tunnel at HT. May have just been me but i swear he cold shouldered him for a moment. Not naming names but there are several players i can't stand in this England set up purely down to their self centered, over inflated ego's. Of course they can play but the attitudes overshadow that for me.

• Like 1

I think that’s unfair. Southgate deserves a lot of criticism for other issues but the overall atmosphere in the camp is far better than previous tournaments.

players will always have their own agenda - Jack included - but I don’t sense a clique/camp type divide.

there may be an issue re his accommodation of certain players e.g Kane doing what he wants, Henderson playing when not fit, obsession with foden and mount etc but I don’t think the specific players are unlikeable.

Apart from foden the cocksure little shit. 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

He's not at his best.....but many of the England players, don't play with him, like the Villa lads.

I believe Southgate has England playing in such a boring shit Bruce type way that unless Southgate has the players playing more of an attacking type football where Grealish can exploit defences more often, then were not going to see the best of him.

I know Jack uses a slow approach but last night's game even for him was just to slow, there's no fast runs, no fast approach to play that all of a sudden when Jack's on the ball he can control the pace and flow of the game.

I believe it's Southgate that's the problem and we will only see flashes of brightness from England players here and there. You do also have to give credit to some of these teams we are against, defensively they are making it tough for England to even play football.

I feel some type of German defeat down the line, where it's humiliating for southgate on the horizon where Jack won't even be selected to play then Southgate gets sacked hoooorrrraaaaaayyyyy.

• Like 1

He can't drop Jack after that performance,  or Saka. Mount has done less in 180 minutes than Jack did in 60. We tend to.forget that Jack's coming back from a 3 month lay off. If we are afforded more freedom, against either Germany or France, Jack will have more space and hopefully  some.of the bigger ego driven players will start to.pass the ball quicker and take a few chances. 

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

He can't drop Jack after that performance,  or Saka. Mount has done less in 180 minutes than Jack did in 60. We tend to.forget that Jack's coming back from a 3 month lay off. If we are afforded more freedom, against either Germany or France, Jack will have more space and hopefully  some.of the bigger ego driven players will start to.pass the ball quicker and take a few chances. 

He will drop him. Played well first half but was anonymous in second. If mount is available he will be straight back in

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion but I could see why Southgate wouldn’t play him in the next match and I’d find it hard to argue against that decision. 

Jack with the ball at his feet is world class, there are few better in this competition, but watching him last night, his off the ball all round play was poor. I’m not talking about him tracking his man or pressing their players or any of that nonsense, I’m talking about his willingness to join in with our play and bust a gut to get into the box like a no.10 should. He just seems to amble around in an England shirt and is very passive in our attacking phases at times. 

There are two explanations. He’s either being told to play like that (doubtful), or he’s carrying an injury. I have a horrible feeling his injury is still causing him problems but his desire to play in this tournament means he’s covering it up or playing through the pain.

I really want him to play in the next match, probably off the left, and I think he’ll do a decent job, but he has to be move lively and energetic in his play. He has more ability in his big toe than any of the other players but he’s got to show that desire like he does in a Villa shirt. 

• Like 1

Shiver me timbers this is a good write up....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/jun/22/voodoo-jack-casts-his-spell-to-make-the-difference-for-england

....There are different kinds of fearless. Grealish was excellent for 40 minutes – and utterly unafraid, as he always is. But he had started to fade a little.

It is Southgate’s strength that he only sees the game in front of him.But is to be hoped that he also remembers the edge in those opening exchanges, when the game was won.

Wembley was a lovely sight at kick-off, a thick shaft of chilly June sun illuminating the top tier, the grass a deep sallow lime green. And really this was set up for Grealish, who started as a roving No 10 in a 4-2-3-1. No tethering to the left flank. Take the ball. Make the game up. Run as you like. Get close to Harry (please, please do something with Harry).

Grealish looked coiled and pepped and ready. He walks like a star, a little prim, chest puffed, bravura calves glistening in the dusk. And at times early on there were glimpses of giddy, fun, intoxicating Jack-ball, those moments where the game just seems to be falling into shape around him. There was a huge roar the first time he took the ball on the left and grooved upfield. There is something illusory about the idea of Grealish as some kind of saviour, a stifled genius. In reality he is a good player yet to reach his own limits, to find what he might be capable of....

more on link

Edited by blandy
quote extract added
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Unpopular opinion but I could see why Southgate wouldn’t play him in the next match and I’d find it hard to argue against that decision. 

Jack with the ball at his feet is world class, there are few better in this competition, but watching him last night, his off the ball all round play was poor. I’m not talking about him tracking his man or pressing their players or any of that nonsense, I’m talking about his willingness to join in with our play and bust a gut to get into the box like a no.10 should. He just seems to amble around in an England shirt and is very passive in our attacking phases at times. 

There are two explanations. He’s either being told to play like that (doubtful), or he’s carrying an injury. I have a horrible feeling his injury is still causing him problems but his desire to play in this tournament means he’s covering it up or playing through the pain.

I really want him to play in the next match, probably off the left, and I think he’ll do a decent job, but he has to be move lively and energetic in his play. He has more ability in his big toe than any of the other players but he’s got to show that desire like he does in a Villa shirt. 

Personally think he has been told to play like that, no way does jack not want to be involved in the attacks injury or not. 

• Like 3

I don't understand all the positivity about Grealish from yesterdays performance. Unless the plan was for Grealish to suck players towards him to make space out wide without needing to touch the football. I can't imagine a scenario with him starting against France or Germany, maybe against Portugal but only if they force Mount to actually isolate so long he can't take part.

Grealish is a far better player than he's shown for England in last month.

• Like 2

I'm not English, so frankly I want England to lose to Germany/France in the next round and all the drama around Grealish and Mings to end and for them to get some rest and start the Premier League season with a major chip on their shoulder.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I don't understand all the positivity about Grealish from yesterdays performance. Unless the plan was for Grealish to suck players towards him to make space out wide without needing to touch the football. I can't imagine a scenario with him starting against France or Germany, maybe against Portugal but only if they force Mount to actually isolate so long he can't take part.

Grealish is a far better player than he's shown for England in last month.

I agree.

He's half-fit at best.

Was it Burton first game of last season in the cup?

He was unbelievable that day. I just remember thinking how ready for the season he looked.

Hope he isn't doing too much damage playing through this injury.

Edited by Tomaszk

When you talk about players not passing to Jack specifically you are making us all sound like loons.

Jack didn't get the ball because we have a crap system and crap mindset derived from the manager.

He faded badly. He's definitely still carrying a knock or total lack of match sharpness.

I'd like to think he's took him off to not put him in the red zone for next week....but i doubt it.

He doesn't fancy him. He's a woeful manager.

He was excellent first half. 

Second half he wasn't really in the game, but I think a lot of that was down to England visibly taking their foot off the gas.

He still hasn't performed for England the way he can perform for Villa though. It will be a glorious day when he does so.

I think he did enough to be involved on Tuesday. Not sure Southgate will pick him though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I can't stand half of this England team TBH. Only player worth watching is Jack. I noticed how balloon ego Henderson practically shunned him as they were in the tunnel at HT. May have just been me but i swear he cold shouldered him for a moment. Not naming names but there are several players i can't stand in this England set up purely down to their self centered, over inflated ego's. Of course they can play but the attitudes overshadow that for me.

Why would you not name names? In case they are reading this?! Might explain the shit show of performances so far I guess. 

England players seem envious of Jack and their massive egos cannot understand it.

He's a better player than all of them and he is handsome.

In comparison Rashford is s*** and looks like some big-nosed, Soul offspring of Southgate.

Sterling seems to run into trouble most of the time.

The only player with the same ability as Jack is Phil Foden.

• Like 1

Â