The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Germany too, an Iranian guy in my office calls me Arthur cos of it 

I did once try and explain I'm black country but backed out of that conversation when I saw how blank his face was 

Just refer to him as an Iraqi. He'll get the message. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

“I love that number 10 position”.  Quoted in a write up on sky, I think we’ll be buying a winger/wide forward this summer.

I would still plump for Pereira. Played RW LW CAM and second striker last season

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I would still plump for Pereira. Played RW LW CAM and second striker last season

I didn’t see enough of him tbh. But I’d definitely be up for someone who can play either side, I like us rotating the wide players mid game.

Just now, 7392craig said:

I didn’t see enough of him tbh. But I’d definitely be up for someone who can play either side, I like us rotating the wide players mid game.

Decent corner and free kick taker as well

I noticed during his post game interview for England that he seemed like he’d had some media training, as there were fewer ‘ermms’ than usual!

I remember the same happened to Beckham, he overnight became eloquent and well spoken! 

• Haha 1

If he plays for England like he does for Villa, the kid is going to be a global superstar. Has all the other necessary attributes. As a result could single handedly transform the Villa brand globally as well. 

• Like 3

Anyone else pick up on the quote from Jack about winning free kicks?

Said something along the lines of it not being much use to villa as we have no good free kick takers but more so for England.

Now that may be a blatant and obvious truth but it’s worrying to hear him saying stuff like that, kinda makes me think he has his sights on something bigger than villa for next season.

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Said something along the lines of it not being much use to villa as we have no good free kick takers but more so for England.

Now that may be a blatant and obvious truth but it’s worrying to hear him saying stuff like that, kinda makes me think he has his sights on something bigger than villa for next season.

Where , when was this? 

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Where , when was this? 

It was in the piece on the sky sports app yesterday, direct quote apparently 

edit - just checked and it’s still on there for anyone interested 

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It was in the piece on the sky sports app yesterday, direct quote apparently 

edit - just checked and it’s still on there for anyone interested 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12324318/jack-grealish-england-midfielder-prepared-for-rough-treatment-as-he-aims-for-successful-euro-2020

But, while he continues to fight back to full fitness following a shin problem, Grealish maintains he is happy to be England's foul guy this summer.

Asked if he takes the kicks as a compliment, Grealish replied: "Yeah, of course.

Not so much for Villa because we haven't got that many good free-kick takers but here we're blessed with them.

One thing I dont get with him winning free kicks, and hes obviously in complete control of whether he wants to win the bulk of them, is that he has the option to ride/evade the challenge when in a promising position, but still often takes the contact and goes down.

There was one the other night, I think it was the third of those three first half fouls he had in a 5 to 10 min spell. If he jumps the challenge, he is 30 yards out running at the next defender on the edge of their area. Surely that's a more advantageous scenario for the team, to have Grealish running at the area at pace, rather than the free kick, so TAA standing a deep cross up to the back post for Mings to hopefully head back across.

I get why he did it for the old Villa, where every free kick was worth taking, as his passing outlets were Hourihane, Samatta, Trez, drinkwater etc and the free kick relieved pressure and moves us up the pitch. But not when you're playing Austria, and you have Saka, Kane, Lingard etc available.

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I noticed during his post game interview for England that he seemed like he’d had some media training, as there were fewer ‘ermms’ than usual!

I remember the same happened to Beckham, he overnight became eloquent and well spoken! 

Need to get him trained up with Gareth Bale, less ermmmms and alot more quick YEAHS! lol

41 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12324318/jack-grealish-england-midfielder-prepared-for-rough-treatment-as-he-aims-for-successful-euro-2020

But, while he continues to fight back to full fitness following a shin problem, Grealish maintains he is happy to be England's foul guy this summer.

Asked if he takes the kicks as a compliment, Grealish replied: "Yeah, of course.

Not so much for Villa because we haven't got that many good free-kick takers but here we're blessed with them.

He does get frustrated. When he first came back against palace he was ranting bout a bad pass from Luiz within 5 mins

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

What a shame Jack’s interviews are always so honest and are refreshing compared to the “Im here to help the team” blabber

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Or could be hinting to our owners to sign someone who can take a good set piece. Maybe our owners have already told him they know we're weak in that area and a signing of this type is top of the list.

Doesn't have to be a negative,  we're on the up now ;)

Â