The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

For his "no good free kick takers" comment maybe he should put himself forward.

That video he posted on Instagram last year would suggest he'd be our best free kick taker.

He can be at times a bit weak with his shots, no doubt the videos on instagram were impressive but I’ve yet to see a good corner or free kick from him.

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

For his "no good free kick takers" comment maybe he should put himself forward.

That video he posted on Instagram last year would suggest he'd be our best free kick taker.

Would help if he focused on being alot less shite at them himself.

• Like 3

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm fairly confident he will have said that with a wry smile on his face. The idea of Jack being moody or sullen about it is an absurd one. 

In any case, he's telling the truth. 

Guardian article suggested exactly that, it was with a bit of a smile.  I think he comes across very well with media actually - quite genuine and honest (including in this case!)

• Thanks 3

Check out the story on Ian Wright's twitter (4th June at 9:46am) about Jack.
Wright met a young lad in London wearing a Villa top (a London lad by all accounts) because he loved Jack. Wright messaged Jack, and he replied with a message to the kid within 5 minutes. Top bloke, not an isolated case and totally outside the image of a pisshead who some seem to have.

I really think that in Jack, we have the most marketable player that the club has ever had - and can't help but feel that we aren't making the most of it.
I actually think we have one of the most marketable players in the world today, and a bit of magic this summer could sent it into the stratosphere. 
I'm not saying we're doing badly, but all I ever seem to see is Leeds fans moaning that he dives too much, and dumb-as-**** Arsenal and Man Utd fans saying they should sign him and how he's really a fan of their club. There's something outside of this whereby a lot of young kids think Jack is the dogs danglies, and I really hope the club know how to leverage this for both our and Jack's benefit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Wright met a young lad in London wearing a Villa top (a London lad by all accounts) because he loved Jack. Wright messaged Jack, and he replied with a message to the kid within 5 minutes. Top bloke, not an isolated case and totally outside the image of a pisshead who some seem to have.

I absolutely love Jack and I love that he does stuff like that but I don’t think it changes the fact he likes to party. Really agree with your points though that he’s someone kids are looking at as magical.

Edited by Adam2003

3 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I really think that in Jack, we have the most marketable player that the club has ever had - and can't help but feel that we aren't making the most of it.
I actually think we have one of the most marketable players in the world today, and a bit of magic this summer could sent it into the stratosphere. 
I'm not saying we're doing badly, but all I ever seem to see is Leeds fans moaning that he dives too much, and dumb-as-**** Arsenal and Man Utd fans saying they should sign him and how he's really a fan of their club. There's something outside of this whereby a lot of young kids think Jack is the dogs danglies, and I really hope the club know how to leverage this for both our and Jack's benefit.

All the owners need to do is keep him happy. The rest will fall into place when it comes to marketing as it's not a job for the club but more so the individual. Jack is fully aware of the recognition he is getting from everywhere. I think this is why he never pours cold water on speculation from fans or the media. He understands if people are talking about you, let them. Arsenal, Man U, Man C, Spurs, Liverpool, fans of these clubs are bring more eyes to our club with the constant chit chat about getting Jack. It's all publicity that raises his profile. 

9 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

..I really hope the club know how to leverage this for both our and Jack's benefit.

That’s supposed to be Purslow’s bailiwick. Also puts a bomb under the idea we’d simply ask for £90-100m and thank him for his service if a bid comes in. He’s Villa’s ticket back to the big time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

All the owners need to do is keep him happy. The rest will fall into place when it comes to marketing as it's not a job for the club but more so the individual. Jack is fully aware of the recognition he is getting from everywhere. I think this is why he never pours cold water on speculation from fans or the media. He understands if people are talking about you, let them. Arsenal, Man U, Man C, Spurs, Liverpool, fans of these clubs are bring more eyes to our club with the constant chit chat about getting Jack. It's all publicity that raises his profile. 

Don't agree mate - the club has to make sure that it's Jack and Aston Villa going hand in hand. Otherwise you end up with a position whereby the player becomes 'bigger' than the club, like with Beckham at Man Utd (obviously not that literally, but it was all about Beckham for a while, then Ferguson got rid). 

We really could set ourselves up as a club if we get it right.

2 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

I get where you are coming from, but to the wider football audience this really has been Jack's breakout season.  He only made the England team September 2020.  His launch into superstardom really begins with the EUROS.

Edited by nepal_villan

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

Don't agree mate - the club has to make sure that it's Jack and Aston Villa going hand in hand. Otherwise you end up with a position whereby the player becomes 'bigger' than the club, like with Beckham at Man Utd (obviously not that literally, but it was all about Beckham for a while, then Ferguson got rid). 

We really could set ourselves up as a club if we get it right.

Get what right? Your not actually explaining what you think the club should be doing? Hand in hand with what? 

Jack's individual endorsements, promotions, profile raising will be managed by his own team. The club have no authority over his extra curricular activities. Ultimately as much as he loves Villa it's just a place of work. I don't understand what you expect them to do? Beckham became huge because of similar circumstances. Icon at his club, then international icon, good personal management. Very little to do with Utd than provide a platform to perform on. When he left he arguably became a bigger star. 

I think your reaching on the clubs authority and exactly what they can and can't do. They don't own him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Get what right? Your not actually explaining what you think the club should be doing? Hand in hand with what? 

Jack's individual endorsements, promotions, profile raising will be managed by his own team. The club have no authority over his extra curricular activities. Ultimately as much as he loves Villa it's just a place of work. I don't understand what you expect them to do? Beckham became huge because of similar circumstances. Icon at his club, then international icon, good personal management. Very little to do with Utd than provide a platform to perform on. When he left he arguably became a bigger star. 

I think your reaching on the clubs authority and exactly what they can and can't do. They don't own him.

It depends what the newly signed contract says about image rights. I'm sure there will be some agreement in there to share certain opportunities that present itself to the club but needs Jack to be the face of it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Jack, is such a likeable character, what is there not to like?.....His persona will be self promoting to any normal folk.....only jealousy and envy is the enemy, as is always.

His football will also do the talking, alongside that......but his personal responses, to vulnerables like kids or disabled is quite moving.....The lad has a heart and humility is his shield, I couldn't wish success on a more deserving player.

Top Man is our Jack.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

It depends what the newly signed contract says about image rights. I'm sure there will be some agreement in there to share certain opportunities that present itself to the club but needs Jack to be the face of it. 

Opportunities like plaster his mush on every bit of merchandising. Interview's and media. Nothing he isn't doing already. 

Look, no doubt if Jacks profile raises so does the clubs however I think some are a little confused as to how much the club can do without him needing to raise his profile individually outside the club parameters. Just like other sporting stars. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Opportunities like plaster his mush on every bit of merchandising. Interview's and media. Nothing he isn't doing already. 

Look, no doubt if Jacks profile raises so does the clubs however I think some are a little confused as to how much the club can do without him needing to raise his profile individually outside the club parameters. Just like other sporting stars. 

Hopefully this is the first pre season where he's on everything. Been conspicuously absent from most early promotional material in the last 2 years with the club hedging their bets. 

He’s getting more marketing opportunities, earlier in the year it was a computer game (non football), he’s now in a Nike/Sportsdirect one. He was on a cover of a magazine yesterday. He has a big euros and his face could be everywhere. 

Â