The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It was the kind of reaction we would be criticising little Bruno Fernandes for, let's be honest.

Well yes but it’s standard for all players now. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a proper slap as opposed to the ‘minimal contact’ someone said.

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think he wants to win something with Villa - so probably a good cup run whilst being competitive in the league.

Unless we strengthen ridiculously (like, proper top 4 pushing) then I reckon he's got two more seasons here to try and win something with his club.

Some seasons throw up anomolies.

Nothing is out of the question. The likes of Spurs, Everton etc are in transition.

Don't see top 4, but top 6/7 i reckon is definitely doable.

7th/8th and a good cup run/win I think would be enough I feel.

The season after, all going to plan is when I feel we could start competing for Champs League places.

Positive being, by that time, even if he was to leave, the squad would already be much stronger and more prepared for any such event.

The like of Chukwuemeka, Ramsey, Bidace, Barry will have matured and be ready to step up as well.

Anything can happen, but i'm currently not worried about losing him at all.

Even if he does go now, all we can do is get huge money and reinvest, I actually think we will be ok either way.

I can't see him wanting to leave the prospect of bringing his beloved club back to the big time and participating in new legacy, with him as the spearhead.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Villa without Jack really isn't worth imagining right now, and we don't have to imagine very hard as we saw it for almost a third of the season.

We are different gravy with him, not just compared to that but compared to I would say 16/20 other teams in the league. We should absolutely be aiming to finish 5th next season if he can keep him. Anything less than that would be failure with one of the league's very best players leading us out.

If we can't sign the players to convince him that 5th or 6th is really likely, he'll go, so I really hope Lange & Co. can think big and act quickly. 

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Villa without Jack really isn't worth imagining right now, and we don't have to imagine very hard as we saw it for almost a third of the season.

We are different gravy with him, not just compared to that but compared to I would say 16/20 other teams in the league. We should absolutely be aiming to finish 5th next season if he can keep him. Anything less than that would be failure with one of the league's very best players leading us out.

If we can't sign the players to convince him that 5th or 6th is really likely, he'll go, so I really hope Lange & Co. can think big and act quickly. 

We've competed really well against the top sides this season less well against some of the poorer sides, if he thinks this club can deliver him champions league football he will stay. Hes mid twenties, its a short career so who knows. 

He's irreplaceable for a club in our position, so he's a must keep. I don't really get the inkling he's off, but we've obviously been burned before.

The club just needs to keep showing our ambition and investing to get Jack where he deserves to be. We've made some really astute purchases since we came up from the Championship and we need to continue to ramp that up now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Most assists by a English player in the PL despite playing for a mid table side and missing a third of the season with injury.

No brainer he will be in the squad. Don't know if Southgate has the balls to start him.

Kane had more 

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On BEIN they are talking about Jack Grealish possibly playing his last game for Villa today.

Andy Gray saying he would be surprised if come the beginning of next season he is still a Villa player.

Based on the talk he is hearing around the Midlands. ( Where he is currently )

Needs to move on etc .

So sick of this absolute shite!

Andy Gray is an absolute piece of shit so im ok with it😉

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Andy Gray is an absolute piece of shit so im ok with it😉

To add insult to injury, I can't figure out if he's an Everton or Villa fan, as it seems to flip flop with him and Richard Key every other match day I watch on BEIN 🤦🏾‍♂️

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To add insult to injury, I can't figure out if he's an Everton or Villa fan, as it seems to flip flop with him and Richard Key every other match day I watch on BEIN 🤦🏾‍♂️

I think he goes with the crowd, ive seen him do Everton Liverpool or Villa United and he went against both of us. The Gerrard Olympiakos goal was one of the most disgusting commentaries ever 

• Confused 1

For me , I prefer him on the left . At times he is reckless in the middle and will be booked a lot playing there , ref today was very patient with him in 1st half, I think he is more effective destroying a fullback and always making it easy for the other team to end up down to 10 when he plays on left

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Azpiculeta hit him in the face with his cast. So couldn't care less about his reaction. 

Kovacic got away with one too when he raked McGinn, then had a foul on Traore on the right touchline. Those two alone were definite bookings.

So azpiculeta getting red for a slap karma. 

Jack could walk through the game and be effective. Special. 

This ^

That was a proper whack to the face with a cast. Azpilicueta clearly put some force behind it so there was absolutely nothing wrong with the reaction he had. 

Kovacic should've been sent off too.

Â