The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The sending off aside, Jack had some good moments today. I thought he looked tired towards the end but still found the energy to burst into the box and create an opportunity when he laid it back for Chuk. Even at 70% he’s such a threat.

Fingers crossed that the waistcoat w@nker picks him for the Euros. I’m sure Jack will be working hard to improve his fitness now. 

If we can keep him fit next season then we’re in for a fun time. 

25 minutes ago, Raymond said:

1.65 PPG with Jack this season, which would have put us above Spurs. I hope that plus promises of new additions keep Jack around. I do worry Southgate will **** us by not picking him for the Euros. 

I suspect Southgate being in the stand was why Jack was kept on for the full 90 as he looked knackered after about 70.  He will be on the plane no doubt having played a whole game today.

11 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Some of these arsenal and United fans are proper deluded. There's no way he leaves without playing Infront of a capacity Villa park again.

Same rubbish spouted in the BBC report. I thought they would be better than that.

20 minutes ago, poitier said:

Looked like minimal contact so shame he rolled around in agony, but Azpilicueta knew himself that if you put your arm in like that you run the risk of being sent off, he accepted it without too much fuss.

The angle from behind shows it was more forceful than the initial angle showed. 

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The angle from behind shows it was more forceful than the initial angle showed. 

He also hit Jack in the chest - attempting to push him. He knew exactly what he was doing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AV82 said:

pls stay

I'm not remotely worried about him leaving. I think he'll definitely give the new owners and Dean another season to further improve the squad and see where we end up next season.

• Like 1

Anyone that thinks he will leave has got marshmallow eyes, carrots in their ears, a brain like a rusty micrometer and probably dreams about Boris Johnson doing a riverdance with a pint of biscuits on his head.

He be going no where.

• Like 2

Tottenahm bid £3m plus Onomah for Grealish before Xia had sold the club and things were looking desperate.

What seems to get forgotten is after NSWE bought us Spurs put in another bid of £25m, which Sawiris turned down and said he wasn't available at any price.

If it was a 23 man squad then it might get interesting but with 26 it's hard to believe that he won't make it

Again today even in the glimpses he showed that he has something that no other English player does, foden and Mount can do a lot of good things, sterling and Rashford at times too but no one simply runs directly with the ball like grealish 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If it was a 23 man squad then it might get interesting but with 26 it's hard to believe that he won't make it

Again today even in the glimpses he showed that he has something that no other English player does, foden and Mount can do a lot of good things, sterling and Rashford at times too but no one simply runs directly with the ball like grealish 

Or even if they can, they can't give the correct, and perfectly weighted pass after the run.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not remotely worried about him leaving. I think he'll definitely give the new owners and Dean another season to further improve the squad and see where we end up next season.

I hope so but I think the pull of Man City will be there right up until the deadline passes unfortunately. Looking at how they play I would not blame him if he left.

Â