The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm still annoyed we lost that Burnley game.  We were 1970 Brazil in that first half.

Agreed, we basically went to shit for a while during and after that second half.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jacks decision making is fantastic as is his execution. It’s why he creates so many chances. 

The El Ghazi chance a great example. Such a simple pass but he makes it at the exact time needed. Nothing fancy, Just lay it off. 

El Ghazi would be top scorer had he taken all the chances Jack has made for him this season.

You’re right but sometimes I just wish he would take a pop occasionally as the player he is laying it off too often makes a meal of the chance…

On 20/05/2021 at 11:20, Tom13 said:

I remember being laughed at about 3/4 years ago for saying Jack is streets ahead of Alli (not by Villa fans). Some people can't see a good player until the media tells them they're good 🙄

There is simply no comparison, Jack is one of the very best players in this league.

Alli? Looks shot to shit (Mourinho will do that to a guy, but he was crap before too) and I don’t see what he offers.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 11:35, Tumblerseven said:

Last game he naturaly drifted into left wing all game. I would like him to play cam but hes clearly prefers wing and i think he does more when he plays in left wing. I think we need to accept it and move on buying a cam.

You may be right… depends on who we sign really. We need an outstanding, technical player to create & occasionally score (free kick expert would be nice too). Whether that’s an AM (De Arrascaeta!) or a brilliant LW, they can alternate positions too. Would love to see Jack link up with a superior player to (even an on form) Barkley and really enjoy destroying the opposition 😆

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You’re right but sometimes I just wish he would take a pop occasionally as the player he is laying it off too often makes a meal of the chance…

Hopefully the players he lays it off too are better quality next season. 

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Agreed, we basically went to shit for a while during and after that second half.

What's annoying is we could have had a truly historic season but we've dropped so many points to the absolute bottom feeders. I mean losing to 10 man Sheffield is something i'm struggling to move past lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wish we could somehow set up a vote, ‘where Grealish should play - LW/CAM’ to and see the overall consensus.

Personally, I like him as the 10 centrally. 

Created a Poll

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

There is simply no comparison, Jack is one of the very best players in this league.

Alli? Looks shot to shit (Mourinho will do that to a guy, but he was crap before too) and I don’t see what he offers.

I've never understood what Alli offers, apart from the fact he used to score a few screamers. People used to tell me how good he is, so I used to ask what his standout abilities were, and no-one could ever really answer it!

• Like 1

I could write reams of superlatives on Jack Grealish and am in with his biggest fans but,

With his ability to draws fouls as second to none, why doesn't he draw more in the box as opposed to out of it?

I have often wondered why?

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I could write reams of superlatives on Jack Grealish and am in with his biggest fans but,

With his ability to draws fouls as second to none, why doesn't he draw more in the box as opposed to out of it?

Presumably because players are much more cautious when he's in the box. There's often much less space too, so his quick bursts and breakaways don't happen in the same way. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Why do arsenal fans think they're getting him?

Early onset dementia - they still think they're champions league. Happens to the best of us, but I fancy next season that them and Spurs fans will quickly realise their predicament - being a 'London' club is a curse, guaranteed attendances, tight ass owners with no ambition = finishes between 6th or 7th at best. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I've said it before,  Dele Ali lacks the presence to be considered World class.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Defenders are visibly terrified to go near him in the box. Whereas outside the box they can't wait to bring him down to stop him getting near the box. They basically all know there's no legal way to stop him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Why do arsenal fans think they're getting him?

Yeah I'd like to know this too. Is it some sort of meme that they think if they repeat enough it'll come true?

Â