The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Ridiculous player. Do you think Southgate actually watched him play when saying he needs more end product?! He puts countless chances on a **** plate!!

Not a chance.  Checked his stats and formed an opinion based on that 😬

23 hours ago, colhint said:

I don't follow to much world football. I wonder if other fans outside uk know he's good 

I wore my villa shirt every other week at football here in Germany, play with guys from about 7 different countries, not many of them do but there's a couple of Turkish guys who like to talk to me a about him, 1 in particular who thinks he's not the best but he's the most watchable player in the league, loves him 

And I think that's the way it will go here and abroad, you can say what he like about de Bruyne or Fernandes or the likes of foden none of them are as watchable as Jack 

Edited by villa4europe

Norwegian TV just did a piece pre-game on how good Jack is, and threw up some stats comparisons to Foden, Maddison and Mount. I knew Jack is the better player of the four, but it’s not even close. I mean, not even remotely. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Awful game.  Had no answer to Veltman, touch was off, did very little with the ball.  Almost seemed to lack his usual pace.

His worst game of a very good season by some distance.

Completely agree. He was completely ineffectual: it was like seeing him in ten years time. 

I regularly say this but I really hate his utter lack of leadership. I understand we’re all different characters and I appreciate that Jack gets the sh+te kicked out of him on a weekly basis by gargoyles from the likes of Brighton and Burnley, but I really dislike the ‘he just robbed my sweets’ face.

A bit of stoicism, a bit of silent assassin, wouldn’t go amiss. They’re kicking the crap out of you because you’re a superb footballer, Jack. Now go onto the next level. 

I wonder if, now it is clear how to stymie him, he has it in him to smarten up and study the game a little: know how to think his way past players as well as glide past them with his silky feet.

He”s such a glorious footballer: I just wish he was a leader  

• Confused 2

Commentary suggested teams have been figuring out how to play us and getting tight as possible seems to work.

Wet Spam doubled Grealish and again tonight against Brighton. Fair play to them, it isn't pretty but it works.

The problem is no other Villa player is good enough to capitalise on this or they haven't trained for this scenario.

The 'Barkley' money must be better used to support Grealish. I think we need £30-40 million to sign a player at CAM capable of helping alleviate this problem.

He had 3 poor touches which I don't remember having him in an entire season, let alone in a single game. 

I wish in games like these where he's being ineffective he'd switch flanks. I get he's not as effective on the right, but it allows us to try something different rather than insisting with something that isn't working 

• Like 1

Starting to agree with the lads who think he should possibly be, where Barkley is, with a free role, to go anywhere he feels up there interchanging with the other forwards.

He works harder than Ross already as well anyway.

Teams have probably studied his game from the left intensely, time to switch it up and give them other things to worry about.

• Like 2

Â