The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, KentVillan said:

Nah. He nearly scored an unbelievable goal today off his weaker foot. Played Watkins and Barkley in today. Brilliant assist vs West Ham. Cynically brought down by Xhaka when he’d beaten 3 players and was away on a counter attack.

We’re just getting used to how good he is and holding him to higher and higher standards.

The defensive work rate and composure is really impressive now, too.

Only thing he needs to sort is set pieces. Weird how such a talented player struggles to get the right height on most of his set pieces. One of those things he should be able to improve though, even at this stage in his career.

Jack isn't playing as well now as he was earlier in the season and that is all I was saying.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I see manure fans comparing him to Bruno.

Do they actually watch him? Bruno and Grealish couldn't be more different.

When do Bruno drive at players, ghosting past them? Don't think i've ever seen it.

Bruno is extremely efficient at what he does and i can respect that but he is very one dimensional. Jack got much more to his game.

Grealish so much more fun to watch.

Most of Man Utd's fans live in the third world and eye sight health care isn't very good.

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

A good defensive performance from Jack today but he has gone off the boil recently. Hopefully he's just a bit tired after so many games in the last 18 days.

Mini-slump, he'll be back.

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Some rumours on social media about a new deal for him even though he signed a new contract in September.

Villan for life, please make it happen NSWE.

If the rumours are in any way slightly true, I wonder if it is to remove (or increase) a minimum fee release clause.

I'd absolutely love us to sign him to a new deal to make him even more difficult to pry away in the event that we have a poor season, but I can't see him having any interest in leaving.

I feel like he'd really be loving his football this season. The owners have backed the manager and shown their ambition, and the result is that we're playing great football, Jack is the best player in the league and an automatic England selection.

He could go to any club in the world and make them better but why would he when playing for Aston Villa is this good?

A new deal now is astute business and stops all speculation pre Summer window - and we know our owners are smart and wealthy, let alone hasn't Edens just dished out the biggest player contract in NBA lately? It's the sort of move that has folks saying not how Grealish is sold but who else we are going to add. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Grealish new contract story from '90 Minutes', £200k a week they say, plus Barkley on a permanent.

So they're giving Grealish Barkley's soul permanently? Wonder how he'll use him when they stop playing football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually think he has that consistency every single match now. When ever and where ever he gets the ball, I fully expect something to happen. Against Arsenal he had 2-3 situations where he was alone against 4'ish defenders and still got away with the ball. He might not have been as dominant as other matches, but that was simply because Arsenal had their entire team tilted towards his side. There was so little space to deploy him in.

Ideally Barkley would have stepped it up, but fair to say he didn't. 

The only observation I may add about Jack is that he's looked a little bit tired. It's hard to say that cause he is so incredibly fit, and always works his socks off, but there's been something about him, not quite looking as comfortable if you will. Then again maybe I'm miles off. 

Best thing to happen to us and him was getting into the England squad. He walked away gassed at how much Harry Kane trained before and after training. I think that opened his eyes abit. 

Since then he has gone up another level. Him doing extra training has will make others work harder too. 

I hope he never leaves and drags us up with him all the way. 

If this news is true, I think he now changes our transfer capabilitys him staying. Europe would upgrade our potential signings, but with his stock rising weekly aswell and potential of him going to euros and killing it, a new contract tying him down could bring a whole influx of interest of players who want to play alongside grealish

• Like 1

You couldn't make this up, saw this photo underneath the Birmingham Live article about him allegedley being offered a new deal.

May be an image of 1 person, beard and text

Surprised they missed the opportunity for a clickbait Newsnow Headline here :

" THIS IS WHAT VILLA SUPERSTAR HAS BECOME " Story continues below......

" In an alternate universe, this is Jack Grealish... according to West Midlands Police"

Seriously though, why does this guy look like a Jack Grealish gone wrong though? Placed right under the article, strategy or stupendous coincidence, either way I found it funny as f*ck.

• Haha 4

Â