The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I honestly missed the doubling up on him against West Ham and Brighton.  They only things they've done differently to every other team is have men specifically man mark Jack and follow him everywhere - both Coufal and Veltman - and Jack hasn't had the answer. 

West Ham had Fredricks helping out occasionally but yeah. Nobody really man marks that tightly in the PL which is a compliment to Jack but we'll need to figure out a way to counteract that if he's going to continue on the left. Every team is going to do it now.

I dont think Jack being marked was a  big problem against Brighton, we were simply slow in every respect, mentally and physically. The midfield were nowhere and Ollie had nothing to work with. You would expect Jack to produce something or to somehow lift the team but he didnt. I'm sure he'll want to make amends for that against Leicester! 

• Like 1

Poor game from jack. But he wasnt only one. When jack plays poor you want to see the mcginns and barkleys shining instead. Not be just as poor.

The workload has to be shared.

Have to say maddison is in better form than grealish at the moment

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Poor game from jack. But he wasnt only one. When jack plays poor you want to see the mcginns and barkleys shining instead. Not be just as poor.

The workload has to be shared.

Have to say maddison is in better form than grealish at the moment

Not that it matters but yes Madders is on top form. No way is Jack going to let him have the limelight at the weekend though! 💪 If there was a time to turn things around this will be it. Kind of a six pointer in terms of Euro hopes :)

9 minutes ago, birdman said:

Not that it matters but yes Madders is on top form. No way is Jack going to let him have the limelight at the weekend though! 💪 If there was a time to turn things around this will be it. Kind of a six pointer in terms of Euro hopes :)

I watched the Leicester v Liverpool game and I thought Maddison was really poor for most of the game. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bobzy said:

I honestly missed the doubling up on him against West Ham and Brighton.  They only things they've done differently to every other team is have men specifically man mark Jack and follow him everywhere - both Coufal and Veltman - and Jack hasn't had the answer. 

It’s true. He was man marked. More teams will do that. I don’t think Leicester will though. 

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s true. He was man marked. More teams will do that. I don’t think Leicester will though. 

Yeah I think he's going to shine more against the better teams for the rest of the season.

39 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Anyone seen that Jack and few others were wearing new Nike boots the weekend could explain their general crapness!  

My mate mentioned it not noticed myself!

the blue ones, 2 players changed them, someone halfway through the first half and then mcginn at half time

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

the blue ones, 2 players changed them, someone halfway through the first half and then mcginn at half time

Yep the blue ones it's poor when companies try and peddle new boots all the time! Stick to the ones you love until they need replacing is my motto

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

Yep the blue ones it's poor when companies try and peddle new boots all the time! Stick to the ones you love until they need replacing is my motto

a lad i played football with was a manager at sports direct, he says they have proper cycles for boots, they change them according to school holidays, half term this week... expect another change around whit week or maybe slightly later ready for the euros

change them 4 times a year, 3 months per boot colour

I like how every other little upcoming playmaker around the world has got the Jack Grealish rolled down socks and baby shin pads now. Caught another one playing for *checks notes* Wolfsburger AC in the Europa League.

Reminds me of when players were tucking in their jerseys on one side in the NHL in the 90's to emulate Gretzky or how baggy shorts came into vogue in the NBA because of Michael Jordan. 

Our own Jack, a footballing icon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/02/2021 at 11:50, S-Platt said:

sport-preview-grealish-1.jpg?strip=all&q

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â