The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

44 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Replace Southgate with John Terry, problem solved.

Actually that isn't a half bad idea. I mean I don't want to lose terry but he would be better than Southgate and wouldn't eat into his current lifestyle as much as being a full time manager would. He'd get to go watch games go on holiday and not really worry about it outside international breaks. 

49 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He was laughing as he said it...? I don’t see how anyone can read that and not think it’s tongue in cheek.

Haven't seen the footage to be fair, but just reading the text and it sounds frosty. Guess this is a good example of why context is important.

I think we’ve challenged him on a couple of parts of his game and his response to that has been brilliant

This absolute chancer is still trying to take credit for his form.

His response? Before he wasted his time in your pathetic training sessions he was the most creative English player.

I can't wait until he's sacked and replaced by literally **** anyone with half a clue

Edited by YouUnastanFren

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The funny thing is, it's not just Villa fans who post the memes. Everybody sees him as a clown, but in his head it must be the bitter Villa fans. Also amusing that he even cares about the memes. Reminds me of Steve Bruce. Why do you care about what some nobodies on Twitter are saying?

And I don't get how someone like him could be so arrogant? You are an Alan Pardew-tier manager, who are only in a job because you are a lapdog of the FA. A timid yes man. All of a sudden he's billy big b*****cks :lol: 

Pardew is a much bettet manager. Southgate would struggle to get into a top 20 current English managers. 12.5 million Afonso Alves, getting knocked out of the Under 21 group stage with a team with Kane as his striker 

Blood still boils that people suggested him as a future Villa manager during the World Cup 

9 hours ago, Awol said:

Rent free: 

His only crime is not being Jack Grealish right now.  Who created that bizzaire situation Gaz? 

I'll give you a clue. It wasn't Villa fans posting memes. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I think he will play Jack against Ireland because it is a "friendly". That will take some heat off him for not selecting him, for the Nations League game against Belgium, when he will play the "usual suspects".  

15 minutes ago, John said:

I think he will play Jack against Ireland because it is a "friendly". That will take some heat off him for not selecting him, for the Nations League game against Belgium, when he will play the "usual suspects".  

According to the article Jack and Mason will both start tonight. Unless I've interpreted it wrong! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Not sure I've ever read an article quite like this ever:

With the help of Paul Merson, Adam Bate analyses what makes Jack Grealish so special and why Gareth Southgate must rethink his England plans if they do not include the most creative player in the Premier League

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12129288/jack-grealish-for-england-gareth-southgate-cannot-ignore-unique-talent

The best part of the article is saved for the very end:

Southgate does have his way of playing and given that Grealish is a one-off talent, who makes different decisions in possession to anyone else, it should be no surprise that he does not fit the system.

But perhaps it is time to flip the thinking. Because if Jack Grealish does not fit the system, then surely, when he is this good, the system that you are playing must be wrong.

It sounds like Southgate may be warming to Grealish slightly. Perhaps someone higher up has had a word that he's out of a job if Jack isn't in the squad.

All of this sort of debate should be forgotten about soon too:

Southgate has made it clear that he does not consider Grealish as a candidate for one of the deeper roles in midfield. In the current system, that means he is competing with the wide forwards, where Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho are established.

Grealish should be playing for England, even in this crappy set-up, where he is for Villa. Left wing forward. If that's instead of Rashford and Sancho, so be it. Because he's better than them. Simple.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The best part of the article is saved for the very end:

It sounds like Southgate may be warming to Grealish slightly. Perhaps someone higher up has had a word that he's out of a job if Jack isn't in the squad.

All of this sort of debate should be forgotten about soon too:

Grealish should be playing for England, even in this crappy set-up, where he is for Villa. Left wing forward. If that's instead of Rashford and Sancho, so be it. Because he's better than them. Simple.

Sterling and Grealish should be our wide forwards, I can't see a single reasonable argument to think otherwise. 

• Like 3

Â