The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It’s a shame he phrased it the way he has. Reading the whole article, he’s very complimentary of Jack. Being jokey and jovial rarely translates when you’re reading things and he should have known those two particular comments would immediately be taken out of the context in which they were made. 

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

It’s a shame he phrased it the way he has. Reading the whole article, he’s very complimentary of Jack. Being jokey and jovial rarely translates when you’re reading things and he should have known those two particular comments would immediately be taken out of the context in which they were made. 

True. I'll just have to accept he actually has some ability to joke/troll us regardless if it doesn't really suit him. Credit where credit is due, there are now plenty on twitter whose piss is boiling once more 🤣

27 minutes ago, Awol said:

Rent free: 

The funny thing is, it's not just Villa fans who post the memes. Everybody sees him as a clown, but in his head it must be the bitter Villa fans. Also amusing that he even cares about the memes. Reminds me of Steve Bruce. Why do you care about what some nobodies on Twitter are saying?

And I don't get how someone like him could be so arrogant? You are an Alan Pardew-tier manager, who are only in a job because you are a lapdog of the FA. A timid yes man. All of a sudden he's billy big b*****cks :lol: 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

A lot of that makes sense. It's just a shame he's completely undermined himself with various reasons he's given for not picking Jack before. And he was the one who started ticking onto Mount every time Grealish was mentioned so he's created the uncomfortable situation for Mount, no-one else.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair I think that’s pretty funny from Southgate and I’m a big critic of his.

It's actually a good article and states he's going to play Mount and Grealish together tomorrow night. Looking forward to it but please no injuries 🙏🤞🤦‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The funny thing is, it's not just Villa fans who post the memes. Everybody sees him as a clown, but in his head it must be the bitter Villa fans. Also amusing that he even cares about the memes. Reminds me of Steve Bruce. Why do you care about what some nobodies on Twitter are saying?

And I don't get how someone like him could be so arrogant? You are an Alan Pardew-tier manager, who are only in a job because you are a lapdog of the FA. A timid yes man. All of a sudden he's billy big b*****cks :lol: 

Yeah. I get this is him trying to be funny, but he’s doing it to deflect from the growing opinion that he’s a bang average idiot who can’t pick a team or formation from some of the finest players available to any national manager. Just comes off like a petulant child trying to cover up the poop he did in the corner. 

It wont matter anyway though. If Jack gets 90 mins against Ireland he’ll make himself undroppable without bringing the English football world down on Southgate’s head. The rest of the country has now twigged what we’ve all known for years. 

Southgate's a right soppy c*** over this isn't he?

I thought he was doing o.k still even a year ago but lost his way since then with odd team selections and England still creating little from open play which makes the Grealish omission even more bizarre as that's exactly the type you need at international level to break down deep defences rather than more road runners in front 3.

There's obviously something personal here from Soutgate's side given the wild and illogical criteria he seems to use to deny Jack minutes compared to pretty much every other player he picks.

Its not just us, on a general football forum I post on many fans of other clubs can't believe how little time he gets for England.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm starting to wonder if he even watched Jack last season. He was doing all of that too?

He had more goal contributions than both Greenwood and Foden last season, and when it came to chances created, no English players created more than him last season. In fact, nobody not named Kevin De Bruyne created more chances than him last season, especially from open play where the gap widens even further. If I'm remembering it correctly, only 4 players in all of Europe created more chances than him last season. 

He's just making an excuse because his stats are currently world class. None of the players he mentioned had more than 1 goal contribution per game last season. By his logic now, Jack is easily first choice then, but I expect him to come up with some other excuse on that too.

Just looked up Mount's stats from that period aswell, 2 goals in 20 prem games between December- July.

He's talking s***.

• Like 2

Â