The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Wasn't going to watch the first half as I was sure Southgate wouldn't pick him to start. Will definitely be tuning in now. 

Feels like a bit of a B team though, not many of the team tonight will be starting in the Euros tournament. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Just saw a graphic on the BBC I thought you lot would find interesting, it’s not a trait we associate with Jack especially...

30B4BF37-377F-4666-8428-1146E76C1804.png

There was something similar at the start of last season showing Engels as one of the fastest in the league.. as I said then, the likes of Adama Traore and Sterling weren't on the list so it's either only being taken from a selected few games or the machine is broken lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

I think it's 532 with Grealish the attacking element of the midfield three, similar to the role that Tommy Johnson had when Villa played 532 under Brian Little.

Yeah looks like that on the Sky team line ups. Two up front with Jack in behind in a 10 role. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Great to see him start and sure he’ll shine tonight. Mings should be starting too looking at those 3 CBs - not quite sure what Southgate sees in Keane. 

He doesn't play for Aston Villa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Hope Gomez doesn't break out in a cold sweat when he sees Grealish on the pitch 

Hope Grealish and Mings have been giving all the Liverpool lads absolute pelters.

19 minutes ago, Junxs said:

There was something similar at the start of last season showing Engels as one of the fastest in the league.. as I said then, the likes of Adama Traore and Sterling weren't on the list so it's either only being taken from a selected few games or the machine is broken lol

footballers just rarely run at full sprint pace in matches, Adama for example may be bursting over 20 metres to escape the defender or get to the ball first but top speed is reached at around 40-50m in a sprint and that’s in a straight line, those situations don’t really arise on the pitch often.

So yes Grealish is a lot faster than he looks or gets credit for, but always take those lists with a bucket of salt. The Engels example is a good one, he might be a rapid 400m runner but that means nothing in football, he just (very) likely was in a situation where he had to put the full burners on chasing back from the half way line.

Edited by a m ole

The true nature of Jack's talent is being recognised. Feel a bit nervous that once the penny drops the media hype will really kick in.

I wouldn't swap him for any other player in the world atm.

Good luck Jack .

Southgate Asked what he'd seen from Jack,  answered it by saying that he wants him to do what he does for his club.  In the areas that can hurt the opposition. That he's got his opportunity because he's been playing well for his club. 

Totally scripted but at least he's not lying for a change

Edited by MrBlack

19 minutes ago, a m ole said:

footballers just rarely run at full sprint pace in matches, Adama for example may be bursting over 20 metres to escape the defender or get to the ball first but top speed is reached at around 40-50m in a sprint and that’s in a straight line, those situations don’t really arise on the pitch often.

So yes Grealish is a lot faster than he looks or gets credit for, but always take those lists with a bucket of salt. The Engels example is a good one, he might be a rapid 400m runner but that means nothing in football, he just (very) likely was in a situation where he had to put the full burners on chasing back from the half way line.

This, and surely we're also talking about pace vs acceleration here?

Players can accelerate past a marker at frightening pace without necessarily being the player with the highest top speed on the pitch. You can leave a player for dust and catch them flat-footed but ultimately be slower than them in a head-to-head. Traoré is very good at this, it's all short bursts of pace and power to the touchline; but there might be a fleet-footed player who is speedier over 50m.

Edited by est1874

Â