The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Maguire

Very Funny Reaction GIF

The whole team gives me that reaction, it's like it's a reserves/ youth game,  with a smattering of experience to give a couple a run out having missed the last game. Jack should be the exception, but it's clear Southgate sees him as a backup to be used only when everyone else is f**ked.

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The whole team gives me that reaction, it's like it's a reserves/ youth game,  with a smattering of experience to give a couple a run out having missed the last game. Jack should be the exception, but it's clear Southgate sees him as a backup to be used only when everyone else is f**ked.

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Correct, only 2 players in that team would get into our starting 11.

Ps. If twatgate was a political he would be tw4t Hancock (the twaaaat)

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Hanging's too good for him. Next you'll be telling me he doesn't have Gravy in his house, the absolute wierdo. Boooo. 'Gate out!

When a man is tired of gravy he is tired of life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ZL- said:

Haha yes very true, Jack's flair seems to wind up some of the boring old guard who think they can get away with casting him as 'lazy' (as it's the one thing you could never say about them, even if they were distinctly average...)

As for Southgate himself:

Well whatever about Southgate and his few beers at the weekend. The lad before was definitely telling a big porky there with his "odd pint".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

They're looking at the exact same player doing the exact same things as us. But there is one big difference and I'm convinced that this is the problem.

You look at Grealish and him see weaving around and beating players, playing perfectly weighted passes, leading the team and scoring goals. They see the exact same however, they also see that he's got long hair, wears a hairband, wears his socks down and has a strong personality. Someone like that scares the shit out of middle aged men and leads them to believe he's a bad influence because he doesn't look and act like everyone else.

FFS, do you honestly think middle aged men give a flying f*** about Jack's hair, his socks being down etc. Not at all. Most middle aged blokes have get better things to worry about, like living. There have been far more flamboyant players than Jack over the years.

I think if you said the majority of his criticisms were from less skilled ex players, who couldn't hold a torch to him and are jealous of his attributes and the attention he is getting, that would be more to the point I think. 

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

FFS, do you honestly think middle aged men give a flying f*** about Jack's hair, his socks being down etc. Not at all. Most middle aged blokes have get better things to worry about, like living. There have been far more flamboyant players than Jack over the years.

To be fair this pretty much fits my experience of talking to the average neutral. 

If Jack plays to his potential he will be England's best player. I can remember Gascoigne in the 1990 world Cup,. Kids with his shirt on. It's big business alround for a player to star in internationals, raises the profile of their clubs with fans watching games just to see their favourite player. Southgate is a yes man who's easily influenced and will not produce the results England should be getting. 

6 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Eh, I can see what you mean but I definitely think Southgate has this impression that England training is higher intensity than Villa training. 

Here's his quote about Grealish from last time:

"He’s dipped his toes, I think importantly for him he’s had the chance to work with us and see the intensity that we work at."

I don't know for sure whether he's intending to imply it, but I'm definitely inferring that he thinks that is the case from this quote.

6 hours ago, blandy said:

Yeah, fair comment on that quote. I have no idea whether England training or games are higher intensity than Villa PL games. I think when we were in the EFL before promotion, then he'd have been right,  But right now I wouldn't know one way or the other. Or perhaps he's implying England games are lower intensity :)

I think Southgate is being a bit proud there (total assumption on my behalf) and speaking from the perspective that England made themselves known in the last World Cup and are an assembly of some of the best talent on offer worldwide, I suppose if that's the case it has some merit in that one thing you notice when you make a step up in division where the competition is of a higher standard in any sport, is the intensity and demands both physically, mentally and skillfully. And he'd be right in suggesting that England's squad are made up of a higher caliber than what Villa's has been. The quality of individual runs deep throughout the English squad, whereas Villa's starting XI has only just been established.

With that in mind, the level of performance and the ability to meet certain criteria for specific drills and tactics should be higher and more intense among the England squad.

But that's where I think Southgate's being a bit proud, even though the standard of player is higher in England's national squad, Southgate's assuming the managerial setup is too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

To be fair this pretty much fits my experience of talking to the average neutral. 

My thoughts are that the people seem get wound up by him because he doesnt cover himself in tattoos like most players yet has this confident swagger about him. So they have to pick on silly little things to justify their  hate when in fact they are secretly aroused 🤣  To me he just seems clean cut, down to earth, quite old school in style and obviously a tremendous naturally gifted footballer. 

Edited by birdman

Â