The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Grealish will not be going to Manure to `win titles'. Only City and Liverpool will be doing that in the near future. Grealish's career will be over before Manure win any more titles.

its a good point.

Jack also has a decent say in things at Villa, like how we play.....they listen to him.

possibly wouldn't anywhere else....players like Jack come around only in generations, we need to build with him.

our owners have the wherewithal to build a team around him, not many clubs could, would or would want to.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

image.jpeg.b508301d9dd44ef170f559d1c42b1649.jpeg

"La la, la la la la la na na na na na,
La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na
Hush, don't speak
When you spit your venom, keep it shut I hate it
When you hiss and preach
About your new messiah 'cause your theories catch fire
I can't find your silver lining
I don't mean to judge
But when you read your speech, it's tiring
Enough is enough
I'm covering my ears like a kid
When your words mean nothing, I go la la la
I'm turning up the volume when you speak
'Cause if my heart can't stop it,
I find a way to block it, I go
La la, la la la la la na na na na na
La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na,

..... I find a way to block it!"

Naughty Boy.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

devastated for a month at not moving to spurs? yeah so devastated that he signed a new contract....

He is still devastated that he is great pals with the McGinn fella who he wouldnt have played with if he moved 😉

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Grealish will improve them so much. They'll definitely be third and could push on even more if they buy a DM and a defence.

Be devastating if he goes there.

I don't think he even starts for them

he is not what they need, he would be a woodward wet dream, the face of their global mattress and pillow partner (I shit you not...) but ole has a good young attack and apparently the 2nd coming of Christ in Fernandes

they need a better player for the RW and then agree DM and defenders

Late to the crapping on The Athletic party but that article was pure trash.  Not a single quote, just pure speculative BS. 

Now I really want Villa to hand Jack a 6 figure per week contract.  The laughs we will get when the media's head all 🤯🤯 in unison. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Late to the crapping on The Athletic party but that article was pure trash.  Not a single quote, just pure speculative BS. 

Now I really want Villa to hand Jack a 6 figure per week contract.  The laughs we will get when the media's head all 🤯🤯 in unison. 

And yet they'll turn it around and say villa priced him out of a move and he had to reluctantly sign a new contract. They'll speculate, or just plain lie, that the new contract has release clauses galore so he doesn't have to suffer the same ignominy again next season... anything so they don't have to formally backtrack.  It's all crap and literally any football fan could write it.

Spoken like fact, when it's actually an opinion. Tailoring to the social media generation.

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think he even starts for them

he is not what they need, he would be a woodward wet dream, the face of their global mattress and pillow partner (I shit you not...) but ole has a good young attack and apparently the 2nd coming of Christ in Fernandes

they need a better player for the RW and then agree DM and defenders

He'd be first name on the teamsheet after two months IMO. Yes ahead of Bruno. Any position, doesn't matter. He runs games.

Just reading a few of us are calling Grealish a legend. But why?

Yes he is an exceptional talent but it is mostly only Villa fans who will say this...

Also he has had ONE good season in the PL, yet so too did JP Angel...

I think Grealish needs to stay and continue to improve, surely a Villa Legend in the future but no not at the moment!

Manure would ruin him, they wouldn't look after him and cast him aside as soon as his form dropped.

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just reading a few of us are calling Grealish a legend. But why?

Yes he is an exceptional talent but it is mostly only Villa fans who will say this...

Also he has had ONE good season in the PL, yet so too did JP Angel...

I think Grealish needs to stay and continue to improve, surely a Villa Legend in the future but no not at the moment!

Manure would ruin him, they wouldn't look after him and cast him aside as soon as his form dropped.

Arrived on the scene by taking the piss out of Liverpool in that semi-final (one of our most memorable moments of the past 10 years). Showed incredible loyalty really to stay with us for 3 years in the Championship, could have kicked up a fuss at any point and would really have been within his right to do so considering where the club was and how good he is. Never moaned when his move to Tottenham fell through, got his head down and dragged us to the Prem (captaining us in a win at Wembley on the way - pretty rare for us in the past 20 years). Took the piss out of Blues a few times on the way. Pretty much single-handedly kept us up last season, we'd have been down by the time lockdown came around without some incredible solo efforts from Jack.

Maybe it's a generational thing - I'm in my late 20s, so I became aware of football two years after we last won a major trophy. For me, he's 100% a legend regardless of if he stays or goes this summer. He dragged us back to where we belong and kept us there, and has clearly been playing with players far below his standard for the past number of years. Probably different for some fans who remember us in 1982 etc., although my dad was in Rotterdam (and has been going VP since the 60s) and reckons he's never seen a more talented player at the Villa.

Will always be a Villa legend in my eyes, although I can understand why that might not be the case for everyone

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Arrived on the scene by taking the piss out of Liverpool in that semi-final (one of our most memorable moments of the past 10 years). Showed incredible loyalty really to stay with us for 3 years in the Championship, could have kicked up a fuss at any point and would really have been within his right to do so considering where the club was and how good he is. Never moaned when his move to Tottenham fell through, got his head down and dragged us to the Prem (captaining us in a win at Wembley on the way - pretty rare for us in the past 20 years). Took the piss out of Blues a few times on the way. Pretty much single-handedly kept us up last season, we'd have been down by the time lockdown came around without some incredible solo efforts from Jack.

Maybe it's a generational thing - I'm in my late 20s, so I became aware of football two years after we last won a major trophy. For me, he's 100% a legend regardless of if he stays or goes this summer. He dragged us back to where we belong and kept us there, and has clearly been playing with players far below his standard for the past number of years. Probably different for some fans who remember us in 1982 etc., although my dad was in Rotterdam (and has been going VP since the 60s) and reckons he's never seen a more talented player at the Villa.

Will always be a Villa legend in my eyes, although I can understand why that might not be the case for everyone

This is a good post. It's all relative to one's perspective. Sure compared to European champions he might not seem a legend but for someone born in the mid 90's, he's probably the best player they've seen at the club and therefore considered a legend. I'm 31, became aware of football slightly earlier so I consider Paul McGrath the best player I've seen play for Villa and a legend. Grealish is however the most talented that I've seen.

Personally I think he needed those years in the championship to develop. The idea that he some how after the semi against liverpool already was too good for us is absolute rubbish. 

This club has been and is an excellent place for Jack. It's worked and works both ways. 

No legend for me yet, but each to their own. He obviously can be at this point, but that's up to him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Personally I think he needed those years in the championship to develop. The idea that he some how after the semi against liverpool already was too good for us is absolute rubbish. 

This club has been and is an excellent place for Jack. It's worked and works both ways. 

No legend for me yet, but each to their own. He obviously can be at this point, but that's up to him. 

To be fair the club being a sh*tshow ain his early years probably didn't help his progress initially. The club was full of rocket polishers. There certainly wasn't much professionalism about. 

12 minutes ago, villanmac said:

To be fair the club being a sh*tshow ain his early years probably didn't help his progress initially. The club was full of rocket polishers. There certainly wasn't much professionalism about. 

I actually suspect it did, cause he got a lot of first team footy earlier than he would've done if we were a good PL side. But who really knows. 

if gareth barry, who played well over 400 games for us isn't a legend then i can't see why jack is. gabby isn't even liked by a lot of villa fans let alone considered legendary despite the number of games he played or goals he scored.

stay this summer, push on over the next few years, get us into europe with maybe winning a cheeky cup or 2 along the way, then we'll talk

• Like 1

The Athletic is great for articles about players old PE teacher or mum's dad's milkman. However, I don't see much in terms of exclusives or breaking news. The old school journalists still seem to do well on that front.

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

The Athletic is great for articles about players old PE teacher or mum's dad's milkman. However, I don't see much in terms of exclusives or breaking news. The old school journalists still seem to do well on that front.

harsh. it doesn't claim to be the first for breaking news. there's enough journos out there for that, it's not what you subscribe for. it gives a different perspective i find. it doesn' t write match reports per se, rather doing a deep dive into the game as a whole, how tactical tweaks/substitutions affected the game etc. but each to his own. i haven't regretted subscribing personally, and i was very anti-paid subscriptions prior to that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Grealish will not be going to Manure to `win titles'. Only City and Liverpool will be doing that in the near future. Grealish's career will be over before Manure win any more titles.

This is a bit short sighted. If Grealish has another 10 years in him, it's not a stretch to think one of the biggest clubs in the world could sort out their issues and win a title or two, especially if they add a player like Jack.

A decade ago Man City had just finished 5th and Liverpool 7th. A decade before that Leeds played in the Champions League and Man City got relegated. A decade is an eternity in football.

All that said, he could win a title here before his career is over if we're ambitious enough.

Â