The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I thought he was leaving this summer, scoring the goal that kept us in the league was an almost perfect way to sign off. Then I remembered, our owners, mega rich, looking to build a successful team,pricing him out... So, if he does go, it will be for big money, not the £40m pre contract that a fellow fan had told he has already signed with United when we were travelling down to the cup final 😬

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hippo said:

Anyone subscribe to the athletic ? - apparently they are saying Grealish wants to go....

I have it, I haven’t actually paid any money for it as I’m still using free trials four months in. When they run out I’ll cancel it as I’m not paying to read the guesswork that Evans writes. I read the article this morning, they seem very intent on Jack leaving. Phrases like ‘Jack being forced to stay‘, and ‘the time has come for him to move on’, do nothing to disguise the intent of the article. 

There are no quotes, no sources, no evidence  whatsoever of any factual information. It’s just an opinion piece designed to get attention. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Evans avoiding Grealish story now as he's taken such a kicking from fans.

They're saying he wants to go but knows no one will pay. Let's hope things don't get awkward.

We'll have to take a huge jump in a very short space of time for another contract to ever be signed at Villa.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

We'll have to take a huge jump in a very short space of time for another contract to ever be signed at Villa.

This is the most likely outcome from where I'm sat!

No one will offer close to what we want this summer so he will probably sign a contract doubling his money.

However this wont be as positive as it first appears as it will likely include some kind of clause for the following summer.

Just seems the most likely outcome.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nigel said:

This is the most likely outcome from where I'm sat!

No one will offer close to what we want this summer so he will probably sign a contract doubling his money.

However this wont be as positive as it first appears as it will likely include some kind of clause for the following summer.

Just seems the most likely outcome.

Hopefully!

Being as positive as I can...

Summer of 2022, Jack is still here, now an England regular, FA Cup winner last season, Rashica has bagged 60 goals in two seasons, we've finished 12th and 6th.

I'm still not sure he'd extend.

Got myself excited now. If that happens, see ya Jack, we've got the rocket.

Gregg Evans didn't write this latest piece on Jack. 

Stuart James makes lots of claims and in the comments section, got defensive and said he spoke to lots of different people for the piece. 

The idea Jack was devastated for over a month when he didn't get to move to spurs shows he is talking shit. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

The idea Jack was devastated for over a month when he didn't get to move to spurs shows he is talking shit. 

Exactly, just how do you quantify that?

I have read the piece. Doesn't say much new. Basically Jack would be keen on United or Citeh if they came in for him, but is unlikely to try to force a move and we won't sell on the cheap. The journo actually says in the comments that he thinks it is most likely that Jack stays. 

8 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I have read the piece. Doesn't say much new. Basically Jack would be keen on United or Citeh if they came in for him, but is unlikely to try to force a move and we won't sell on the cheap. The journo actually says in the comments that he thinks it is most likely that Jack stays. 

Which again makes me think its bullshit. The only way to know some of the things he says is if he is getting it from Jack's camp. And if Jack's camp were providing information then it would be to try and force a move, which they claim he won't do. 

Doesn't make sense. 

the athletic as a whole have said that they will not report speculation, so will only report what they have been told by people close to players/clubs, so i take everything written on there to have an element of truth behind it.

evans takes a battering on here (reasons still unknown on my part) but from the articles i've read by him at no point have i seen him say that jack was devastated over not getting a spurs move nor have i seen him write that jack desperately wants to move. he just said that it's likely that he will. happy to be corrected though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

the athletic as a whole have said that they will not report speculation, so will only report what they have been told by people close to players/clubs, so i take everything written on there to have an element of truth behind it.

evans takes a battering on here (reasons still unknown on my part) but from the articles i've read by him at no point have i seen him say that jack was devastated over not getting a spurs move nor have i seen him write that jack desperately wants to move. he just said that it's likely that he will. happy to be corrected though

Its an article today from Stuart James that claims this. Not from Gregg

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Its an article today from Stuart James that claims this. Not from Gregg

i know, i meant the athletic as a whole said it doesn't post speculation. just read the article. riddled with 'mays' and 'coulds'. totally different theme to what gregg writes about jack. he's never said that jack want's to leave, just that he thinks that he will. my point was that i dont get the stick that evans gets.

• Like 1

Â