The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Grealish will not be going to Manure to `win titles'. Only City and Liverpool will be doing that in the near future. Grealish's career will be over before Manure win any more titles.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Liverpool and City keeping up this frankly phenomenal performance level is unlikely although the teams below don't look like any great shakes at the moment, I'd fancy Chelsea to give them a run if they appointed a decent manager. They're building a serious squad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Why are Villa journalists so keen to kick the club and Jack? Sad click bait. I guess their subscription model relies upon it. 

Because the Athletic need subscribers and this works.

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Because the Athletic need subscribers and this works.

4 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Late to the crapping on The Athletic party but that article was pure trash.  Not a single quote, just pure speculative BS. 

Now I really want Villa to hand Jack a 6 figure per week contract.  The laughs we will get when the media's head all 🤯🤯 in unison. 

4 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Man Utd tracking Douglas Costa from juve if they fail with Sancho. 

I genuinely believe they aren't coming for jack.

Actually Greg Evans is quite close on this. Back in February Jack had pretty much via his agent and his management which is his family had agreed a deal in principle of 165K per week five year deal with Man United.
When this had been discussed with Villa, Villa had said that they wouldn’t force a player to stay however they valued him at £80 million and as long as that was met he could leave.

this is all come about because number one United are interested and number two Southgate has been quite clear with Jack he needs to move to the top side to nail down an England place, Southgate reasoning for this is that in our team Jack spent a lot of the time without the ball because you don’t enjoy as much possession so he won’t fully developed his true potential and this is in the top side where he is afforded  more time on the ball to develop as an attacking midfielder.

Plus in football, contracts are not sold as x amount and per week it’s sold as a contract total valuation so when Man U call him and say is 165K per week five year deal but they really saying is he is £40 million guaranteed. If you are a footballer you can get a bad injury and it’s over tomorrow but a contract is a guarantee of money so that’s why they (players) feel they need five year deals every 2 years. They want that big contract they want that security  because they enjoy certain lifestyle  but if it ended tomorrow that money is going to dry up quickly. Any financial advisor would advise this really

Jack in a Man United shirt will sell thousands of shirts he’ be the next Beckham, he is young is English,  good looking, has that big of swagger. United fans would cream over him as would the media act like he’s come from nowhere, he’s be a **** megastar.  This idea appeals to him, back in a Feb when this was looking 90% on and we look down he hardened his heart that we were going down so he was off. 

He may be a villa fan but he is also a bloke not going to get the opportunity to be a megastar. For at least another couple of years so there will be some disappointment that what you will get come through from journalists. Was very similar to Tottenham Jack agreed the move and obviously dreamt of playing champions league football because that’s where spurs were.  But that fell through so we had to get over it and focus on the filler which she did we came up. He did say he had to get over it in an interview so he has previous. 

Where we are today currently, he has a three year contract our valuation & Man United’s valuation are quite different, so he’s staying. 
However if a top club comes in and offered £80 million bid will be accepted and Jack will leave mainly because I told him about England for our ambition doesn’t match his own. 

There’s a couple of variables here as well covid-19 has had an effect clubs are less likely to spend money that they were 12 months ago and more likely to want to spend £60 million were they would have spent £80m. 

My source is close to the deal, currently feeling is our valuation has killed this deal that won’t change this summer. Although we will offer a new deal 

Gregg Evans and most close to the club know most of this, it’s why you’ve had the “feels he needs to test himself” pieces to condition us to a sale. 

likelihood of him going to United I’d say 30% currently, I’ve been saying 90% for months. 
wild card is if City want him,

Arsenal & Spurs have no chance, it’s CL or top European club. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Actually Greg Evans is quite close on this. Back in February Jack had pretty much via his agent and his management which is his family had agreed a deal in principle of 165K per week five year deal with Man United.
When this had been discussed with Villa, Villa had said that they wouldn’t force a player to stay however they valued him at £80 million and as long as that was met he could leave.

this is all come about because number one United are interested and number two Southgate has been quite clear with Jack he needs to move to the top side to nail down an England place, Southgate reasoning for this is that in our team Jack spent a lot of the time without the ball because you don’t enjoy as much possession so he won’t fully developed his true potential and this is in the top side where he is afforded  more time on the ball to develop as an attacking midfielder.

Plus in football, contracts are not sold as x amount and per week it’s sold as a contract total valuation so when Man U call him and say is 165K per week five year deal but they really saying is he is £40 million guaranteed. If you are a footballer you can get a bad injury and it’s over tomorrow but a contract is a guarantee of money so that’s why they (players) feel they need five year deals every 2 years. They want that big contract they want that security  because they enjoy certain lifestyle  but if it ended tomorrow that money is going to dry up quickly. Any financial advisor would advise this really

Jack in a Man United shirt will sell thousands of shirts he’ be the next Beckham, he is young is English,  good looking, has that big of swagger. United fans would cream over him as would the media act like he’s come from nowhere, he’s be a **** megastar.  This idea appeals to him, back in a Feb when this was looking 90% on and we look down he hardened his heart that we were going down so he was off. 

He may be a villa fan but he is also a bloke not going to get the opportunity to be a megastar. For at least another couple of years so there will be some disappointment that what you will get come through from journalists. Was very similar to Tottenham Jack agreed the move and obviously dreamt of playing champions league football because that’s where spurs were.  But that fell through so we had to get over it and focus on the filler which she did we came up. He did say he had to get over it in an interview so he has previous. 

Where we are today currently, he has a three year contract our valuation & Man United’s valuation are quite different, so he’s staying. 
However if a top club comes in and offered £80 million bid will be accepted and Jack will leave mainly because I told him about England for our ambition doesn’t match his own. 

There’s a couple of variables here as well covid-19 has had an effect clubs are less likely to spend money that they were 12 months ago and more likely to want to spend £60 million were they would have spent £80m. 

My source is close to the deal, currently feeling is our valuation has killed this deal that won’t change this summer. Although we will offer a new deal 

Gregg Evans and most close to the club know most of this, it’s why you’ve had the “feels he needs to test himself” pieces to condition us to a sale. 

likelihood of him going to United I’d say 30% currently, I’ve been saying 90% for months. 

Basically, Southgate is a word removed. 

He can’t stop that going in the papers, unlike his other endeavours.

21 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I still don’t believe the first paragraph is true. After all the years being around the Villa, this feels in the bucket of 2 + 2 put together and getting 5.   So many times things are apparently agreed and they never were and then other times, us fans who were close to the club knew when things happened before the press.  This feels like a press speculation that’s become Chinese whispers and then suddenly becomes “truth” but isn’t.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Does nout positive come from your sources?

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I still don’t believe the first paragraph is true. After all the years being around the Villa, this feels in the bucket of 2 + 2 put together and getting 5.   So many times things are apparently agreed and they never were and then other times, us fans who were close to the club knew when things happened before the press.  This feels like a press speculation that’s become Chinese whispers and then suddenly becomes “truth” but isn’t.

I can’t give my source away because I lose my source if I do, put it this way I was talking about United in early Feb, I was putting it at 90% then. I’m putting it at 30% now there’s no smoke without fire whether you choose to believe me or not. 

I have no other source other than this, I can’t tell you incomings, formation or kits just this that’s all. Believe or don’t have rs up to you

30 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Basically, Southgate is a word removed. 

He can’t stop that going in the papers, unlike his other endeavours.

Yeah I’m not a fan

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Does nout positive come from your sources?

See above mate, although Jack defo did shag Lingards bird that’s a positive as lingards a clearing in the woods

Just on the Southgate and England bit. I can appreciate he was coming out with this stuff when we were in the Championship. Not since we've been in the PL though from what I gather . Wasn't Jack on the verge of the England squad before the lockdown anyway?! Sensationalised nonsense if you ask me. I would think that any kid if possible would first want to represent their Country for their hometown club if the opportunity presents.

I don't doubt Jack has and had clubs courting him but this whole idea that everything like personal agreements are in place is bollocks imo. That would be verging on blatant tapping up, something I cannot see Purslow and the club taking lightly until any transfer has been agreed between clubs. 

I believe that there would've been options on the table at a reduced fee had we gone down. Hence the uncertainty towards the end of the season. Things change though and with us staying up, Jack being valued as a PL player, not Championship, has had a bearing on the market. If Dortmund are valuing Sancho at 110m then 80m for the next so called Beckham is chump change anyway. 

F*** Utd anyway.. All this shite about the new Beckham, England, Trophies.......Blah blah blah. Firstly Jack is winning Jack at Utd. Maybe a League or FA Cup in the next couple of years. PL title.....Not a f***in chance anytime soon.  

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Are you Brad Jones?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I don't understand the rhetoric of implying Grealish ends to move in order to play for England.

Mings played and hasn't Southgate capped Bournemouth players before?

He was just off the performance of his life against Brighton at home, with Southgate watching at VP and he still chose to not call him up. He's better than all the players who get called up ahead of him without question. What other conclusion can you draw?

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I don't understand the rhetoric of implying Grealish ends to move in order to play for England.

Mings played and hasn't Southgate capped Bournemouth players before?

My personal conspiracy theory is that Southgate is still bitter about the way it ended for him with Villa, and us not being ambitious enough for him. As such, he has refused to call up Grealish knowing it will force him to move on, and as Grealish is Aston Villa at the minute, it will hurt the club even more if he leaves.

• Like 1

Grealish should have been called up by now but I don't think there's any great conspiracy about it or any bizarre 'Southgate is bitter about Villa' stuff. There's been quite a few 'young English' players this season, Mount, Maddison, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Winks, Hudson-Odi who were all playing for bigger clubs. Now you can definitely argue he should have been called up ahead or along with a few of them but it's just been a decision really, nothing more. Not everything in football is a conspriacy theory or some grudge that fans thrive on to speculate wildly.

The reason for Grealish not getting an England cap last season is because at the start he was playing out of position in central midfield, he wasn't going to get a call up playing there because England and most teams don't play with a player like Grealish in central midfield, and he wasn't going to get called up as a wide forward since why would he if wasn't playing his club football there.

Then he switched to the left-wing and his form picked up dramatically, but it was his bad luck that he was injured for the next squad, I've no doubt if it wasn't for Covid he would have won an England cap by now, and presuming that his form doesn' take a massive nose dive then he'll get his first cap in one of England's coming games, whether he's playing his club football for us or someone else.

• Like 1

Â