The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

I do. Gregg Evans doesn't know anything. His Villa articles are all written in a way that's believable without ever really say anything. Like most football journalism.

Yes! This! He knows about as much as us but has to pretend otherwise. His podcast with Dan Bardell is even worse. Dan puts his opinions across and is great at doing so, Greg Evans is borderline comatosed he's so apathetic about Villa.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

my point was that i dont get the stick that evans gets.

I think he comes across pretty negative about the club on the podcast. Friends who support other clubs are really impressed with their Athletic writers. I just get the feeling Evans isn’t entirely invested in Villa, but then again as he isn’t a fan then I guess we shouldn’t expect him to be. It really does annoy me when he says Grealish deserves to play for an ‘elite’ club though... we are an elite club! (inb4 c&b tinted specs)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chappy said:

I think he comes across pretty negative about the club on the podcast. Friends who support other clubs are really impressed with their Athletic writers. I just get the feeling Evans isn’t entirely invested in Villa, but then again as he isn’t a fan then I guess we shouldn’t expect him to be. It really does annoy me when he says Grealish deserves to play for an ‘elite’ club though... we are an elite club! (inb4 c&b tinted specs)

i actually dont agree. if he says we were shite in a particular game, it's generally hard to disagree. because we usually were. and he did actually sound genuinely downbeat at times near the end of the season, and if you didn't know, you'd almost think it was a fan talking. i guess people perceive things differently, but personally i've never had a problem with him.

i do agree that it's annoying that people say that jack should move to a more elite club, but it wouldn't be too difficult to find similar quotes from our own fans in this thread. plenty have said similar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i actually dont agree. if he says we were shite in a particular game, it's generally hard to disagree. because we usually were. and he did actually sound genuinely downbeat at times near the end of the season, and if you didn't know, you'd almost think it was a fan talking. i guess people perceive things differently, but personally i've never had a problem with him.

i do agree that it's annoying that people say that jack should move to a more elite club, but it wouldn't be too difficult to find similar quotes from our own fans in this thread. plenty have said similar.

I mean from his perspective he absolutely should, it's a no brainer. We don't want him to as we're Villa fans, but saying we're an elite club and he wouldn't ever want a move, and ridiculing any journalist who would dare say otherwise is just childish. I mean if you're Jack, look at the careers of Rooney and Zaha. Both the stand out players at their teams, one left and went on to win everything and become England's record goalscorer, the other stayed with his team, barely gets talked about for England and would probably split the fanbase for lower mid table teams if he signed for them now. Maybe Zaha retires a crystal Palace legend in 5-10 years, but staying there has/will absolutely cost him in his career

We would all prefer Jack to stay with us, but let's not be delusional and suggest he'd never consider moving to a better team 

The questions that journos do not seem to be asking or trying to answer is:

i) Are Utd an elite level club (football club not brand)?

ii) How many 'promising or established' players have wasted years of their careers at this Utd?

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That Athletic article is pathetic, speculative nonsense. No credibility to it at all. 

It’s pandering to ManUre fans and baiting Villa, whilst saying very little of substance. 

the current ‘media’ earn advertising money on the back of vague/assumption based stories, knowing fans will bite.

the click bait stories are probably because they rarely have any real knowledge of what is going on at clubs. 

it’s akin to Talkshite and their baiting of white van man to call in on their premium lines. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

It’s pandering to ManUre fans and baiting Villa, whilst saying very little of substance. 

the current ‘media’ earn advertising money on the back of vague/assumption based stories, knowing fans will bite.

the click bait stories are probably because they rarely have any real knowledge of what is going on at clubs. 

it’s akin to Talkshite and their baiting of white van man to call in on their premium lines. 

but the whole point of the athletic was that you pay your subscription and they don't need to write click bait stories to drive up advertising

I think you have every right as a villa fan to be pissed off for paying for that, both for content and purpose

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

but the whole point of the athletic was that you pay your subscription and they don't need to write click bait stories to drive up advertising

I think you have every right as a villa fan to be pissed off for paying for that, both for content and purpose

That kind of points to their journalists having nothing other than speculation to rely on then. 

not worth the subscription fee :( 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

That kind of points to their journalists having nothing other than speculation to rely on then. 

not worth the subscription fee :( 

They did a free trial during the lockdown which I told my mates about, they joined, I didn't 🤦‍♂️

A couple of them rave about it, especially those who an interest in exploring new sports like nba and nfl, podcasts are meant to be good too and then just some of the bigger general state of football articles are very good, it's just villas reporter seems to be a bad choice 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

They did a free trial during the lockdown which I told my mates about, they joined, I didn't 🤦‍♂️

A couple of them rave about it, especially those who an interest in exploring new sports like nba and nfl, podcasts are meant to be good too and then just some of the bigger general state of football articles are very good, it's just villas reporter seems to be a bad choice 

I joined after someone mentioned the three month free trial on here (might have been you?) You get 5 free month passes to share with mates, or yourself if you’ve got more than one email address ;) 

Most of their podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i have been impressed with it so far. no clickbait, and well thought out articles. this is the first that i've read that's been full of speculation. evans even said on one of his podcasts "we dont speculate at the athletic, we only report fact". i know he didnt write this, but he was talking about the athletic in general, which is why this article has pissed me off a bit.

• Like 1

Jack’s wild celebrations after scoring against West Ham were actually a conspiracy on his part to engineer a move to Manchester United for a larger transfer fee (which may never materialise), and not keeping his boyhood club in the top division. Read more and subscribe to my Athletic column. 

• Haha 2

I hate the way The Athletic claim; "It's time for Grealish to move on..."

No it isn't, who says? Journalists, Manure?

Grealish can stay at Villa and become a legend, it is debatable whether he would be thought of with the same level of positivity somewhere else!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I hate the way The Athletic claim; "It's time for Grealish to move on..."

No it isn't, who says? Journalists, Manure?

Grealish can stay at Villa and become a legend, it is debatable whether he would be thought of with the same level of positivity somewhere else!

no debate to be had. he wont, simple as.

• Like 2

Â