The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Don't usually do this. But I think posting the article will provide a clear understanding of what was actually said, given the worry the 'thought' of the article will cause. This will allow people to make up their own minds.

If this is in breech of guidelines, mods please delete and accept my apologies. 

Can we have the link to it please mate.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

this he's also missed that the reason zaha never gets talked about for england, is because he plays for the ivory coast...

Genuinely didn't know that, always assumed he was English 😂

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Wait, what? Did you somehow miss Zaha moving to Utd at 20? If anything that's an example that moving to a club like that can go either way.

I mean surely you can see there's a slight difference between Zaha moving to Man Utd at 20 for a nominal fee compared to Grealish potentially moving now for £80 million? 

The Zaha example wasn't meant to be super specific, it's just there are clearly reasons why even Jack, a lifelong Villa fan would be keen on a move to better his career. He's basically already talked of as being a Villa legend, in his head he could go and win titles and the champions league and be considered the greatest player we ever produced as well as being a legend for us. 

I want him to stay (and actually think he will as I don't think anyone will pay what we demand) but the idea that he wouldn't want to move or he wouldn't be disappointed in missing out on a big move is delusional. I don't think it'll be throw his toys out the pram disappointed, as he does love Villa, but he is clearly ready for a step up

29 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I hate the way The Athletic claim; "It's time for Grealish to move on..."

No it isn't, who says? Journalists, Manure?

Probably literally everyone who isn’t a villa fan to Be honest 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We are pricing him out of a move. 

Man Ure fans seem very salty about it. HAH

They do genuinely believe he is a 50 mil player. They are laughable.

I don't see it like that. I see it as we are asking for what he is worth. 

23 minutes ago, weedman said:

I mean surely you can see there's a slight difference between Zaha moving to Man Utd at 20 for a nominal fee compared to Grealish potentially moving now for £80 million? 

The Zaha example wasn't meant to be super specific, it's just there are clearly reasons why even Jack, a lifelong Villa fan would be keen on a move to better his career. He's basically already talked of as being a Villa legend, in his head he could go and win titles and the champions league and be considered the greatest player we ever produced as well as being a legend for us. 

I want him to stay (and actually think he will as I don't think anyone will pay what we demand) but the idea that he wouldn't want to move or he wouldn't be disappointed in missing out on a big move is delusional. I don't think it'll be throw his toys out the pram disappointed, as he does love Villa, but he is clearly ready for a step up

i'd disagree with this. you have to bear in mind how salty we get when a player leaves us. if he goes to utd, we'll look back on his time with us fondly, but he'll never be talked about alongside the '82 squad

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, weedman said:

With Man Utd and Ole Gunnar? Let’s have a realistic take of where they are as a football club at the moment. Let’s think objectively at the promising players that have stalled or gone backwards since joining them. Pop in the Ferguson era DVDs, cause that is the past, history, Done. Worst still, you get the vibe that Man Utd see him as a punt. I can absolutely envisage him wasting his career there. This would be the worst time in his career to be sat on the bench and in and out of a squad.

This is what logic states and what I hope the management are explaining to him. He and Villa are on an upward trajectory. I would say the best thing for Jack is to stay the season. Captain and settled with extra quality signings and players with the previous season experience. Improve on performance, consistency and output. Get into national set up. Perform in Euros. Then a real elite club will be willing to spend AVFC valuation on Jack. A club that would be willing to build around him, nurture him and help him become one of the best in the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They did a free trial during the lockdown which I told my mates about, they joined, I didn't 🤦‍♂️

A couple of them rave about it, especially those who an interest in exploring new sports like nba and nfl, podcasts are meant to be good too and then just some of the bigger general state of football articles are very good, it's just villas reporter seems to be a bad choice 

Is there someone else who would have been a better pick than Evans? Genuinely asking. Maybe he wasn't there first choice and the others didn't want to write for them.

25 minutes ago, weedman said:

Of course there's a difference, but it was your example! I'd also disagree that £10m+ addons was a nominal fee for a 20 yr old 7 years ago. Eriksen went to Tottenham for £11m the same year.

27 minutes ago, weedman said:

Yes, but Zaha shows it doesn't always further your career. He could end up on the bench more than half the season which still wouldn't see him getting into the England squad. Maybe he does think he'd have a good shot at winning titles at Utd...although I'm sure he would have been watching last night too!

29 minutes ago, weedman said:

I've never said anything to the contrary.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We are pricing him out of a move. 

Man Ure fans seem very salty about it. HAH

They do genuinely believe he is a 50 mil player. They are laughable.

Well most supporters I talk to about seem genuinely surprised at how highly we rate him, its not just Utd fans.

I don't agree with them but I given up trying to explain why he is so highly thought of at Villa  as they just don't see it.

We seem on our own here when it comes to Jack.

If he moves anywhere in the UK he will not be valued like he is at Villa MAYBE IN Europe they will see what he brings......but there's not many teams in Europe that could afford him.

2 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Well most supporters I talk to about seem genuinely surprised at how highly we rate him, its not just Utd fans.

I don't agree with them but I given up trying to explain why he is so highly thought of at Villa  as they just don't see it.

If he moves anywhere in the UK he will not be valued like he is at Villa MAYBE IN Europe they will see what he brings......but there's not many teams in Europe that could afford him.

They don't watch him every week like we do.

Who are they to tell us what he is worth? Jack is a generational talent. There are no English players who are similar to him. Jack is unique. To me he is worth at least 100 mill

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They don't watch him every week like we do.

Who are they to tell us what he is worth? Jack is a generational talent. There are no English players who are similar to him. Jack is unique. To me he is worth at least 100 mill

That's what I used to say...…..now I just agree and say "yeah,he goes down to easily....yeah! He's not worth more than £25m you're right,we'll be lucky to get that!"

12 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

You have to watch the games to appreciate Jack....and they don't, they just go on stats, highlights and snippets.

He strikes a forward pass like Ronnie O'Sullivan moves his cue ball......Jack is aThoroughbred and with better players around him, he will get better......thats up to the club to fix.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

You have to watch the games to appreciate Jack....and they don't, they just go on stats, highlights and snippets.

He strikes a forward pass like Ronnie O'Sullivan moves his cue ball......Jack is Thoroughbred and with better players around him, he will get better......thats up to the club to fix.

Massive opportunity isn't it?

The chance to rebuild our team around him...I hope we don't miss it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

That's what I used to say...…..now I just agree and say "yeah,he goes down to easily....yeah! He's not worth more than £25m you're right,we'll be lucky to get that!"

Thats an opponents view.....easy option, don't tackle him unfairly and he won't.

Jack is aware that players try to negate his talent....jack just redresses the balance and wins back the advantage his talent brings....they just don't like it.

He used to go down easily in early days, now he has baulked up and has greater strength, when he does go down its usually bonafide.

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And some of our own fans, if we are even more honest - er.

Probably. They'd probably be right too if they'd taken their claret and blue specs off.

I'm dying for us to keep grealish. But it depends what he wants. Does he want to maximise what he can win and achieve as a footballer? If so then I'd argue it is time for him to leave.

Does he want to play for Aston Villa and take us as far as he can take us? Then obviously it's not time for him to leave. 

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Grealish will not be going to Manure to `win titles'. Only City and Liverpool will be doing that in the near future. Grealish's career will be over before Manure win any more titles.

Grealish will improve them so much. They'll definitely be third and could push on even more if they buy a DM and a defence.

Be devastating if he goes there.

Â