The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I said it last year before Euro 2020, and now that he had that superb PL season under the belt I'm even more convinced now, he's going to get the Golden Ball award at the Euros if he plays in it. This England team looks like they're good for semi-finals at least.

You and me both pal.

I am not shocked, like many posters on here seemed to be also at that time, that he is worth easily going to be worth £80-£100m!

If he has a fantastic Euro tournament next year.. who knows what we'll have on our hands then - it won't be as cheap as £80m though, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Sancho will still probably end up at United, it'll just drag on and on through this window.

I'm absolutely certain now Grealish isn't going anywhere, we've got him for another season. 

He isn't going.

Unless Man City, Madrid or someone walk up and hand us £80m then it's a non runner.

Imo I think we should now focus on rebuilding and getting ready for next season.  👊

• Like 3

I know the CL is still going on but I feel like if we were going to sell him there'd be a lot more in the way of rumblings. We'd certainly be keen to do the business early in the window. 

I don't want to get ahead of myself, until he's ITSOTP the day after the window is shut I'll always worry, but I'm a lot more confident of him staying than I was on the last day of the season. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He isn't going.

Unless Man City, Madrid or someone walk up and hand us £80m then it's a non runner.

Well Man Utd could still come and do exactly that in the next few weeks if they can't get their first choice targets.

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He isn't going.

Imo I think we should now focus on rebuilding and getting ready for next season.  👊

Totally should be saying to him that we're building a team around him playing as a 10 and captain that can take us up the table and hopefully be in the european spots when he hits his prime...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

who is he conor mcgregor GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Merseyside Journalist. Klopp from memory has always been pretty luke warm on JG - Couldn't see him going there anyway - definitely not if he has other options.

liverpool are 'sell to buy' this window aren't they? i certainly dont see them buying anyone for 80m

maybe jack's agent trying to stir things so that utd make a bid

Grealish doesn't suit the Liverpool system at all, the only reason I could see them wanting him is as a replacement for Lallana on the bench, and I doubt they'd pay the money we'd want for a bench player, and not even sure if Grealish would even want to go there for so little game time.

Besides that 'Keith Azul' is a well known spoof account.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

liverpool are 'sell to buy' this window aren't they? i certainly dont see them buying anyone for 80m

maybe jack's agent trying to stir things so that utd make a bid

Ive heard similar as regards to the sell to buy with plop, but I just dont understand it? They must of made record profits over the last year. Im sure they just go out and spend £200m if they wanted no problem

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ive heard similar as regards to the sell to buy with plop, but I just dont understand it? They must of made record profits over the last year. Im sure they just go out and spend £200m if they wanted no problem

I was wondering about this as well. Take everything I say here with a pinch of salt as I know nothing about their finances, but I'm guessing they have some debt to service with the new stand and they are probably being conservative with how much the impact of COVID will hit them (and everyone else). I think its unlikely any fans will be back in stadiums for the new season so the bigger the stadium, the bigger the hit you take. They have shown that when they want a key player they will splash the cash a la Van Djik and Alisson, but I don't seem them spending 80m on Grealish when he doesn't quite fit the system.

I don't think we can afford to sell Grealish tbh. The gap in the squad he will leave will be monumental. Just replacing him alone will take time and I would rather do this when we can take the hit because of the overall quality increasing, in say 12-18 months time. I think regardless of his ambitions the squad needs to stabilise before we go flogging off our best silverware. He is also a possibly a big draw for potential signings to want to join us in the short term which is another reason I'd hold onto him. I'm selfish though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Liverpool wouldn't pay £50 million for Werner, they're not paying £80 million of Jack

I feel for Klopp, he's performed nothing short of a miracle for them and they're hardly backing him now. VVD and Allison were signed a while back right?

Edited by TreeVillan

3 hours ago, useless said:

Grealish doesn't suit the Liverpool system at all, the only reason I could see them wanting him is as a replacement for Lallana on the bench, and I doubt they'd pay the money we'd want for a bench player, and not even sure if Grealish would even want to go there for so little game time.

Besides that 'Keith Azul' is a well known spoof account.

He could be a replacement for firminho if Madrid are looking to replace benzema. Firminho also missed like 20 sitters this season and I think grealish could fill his role well. He would be the creative hub and work back defensively which grealish is adept at. Could push that Liverpool side into the stratosphere. 

7 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Liverpool wouldn't pay £50 million for Werner, they're not paying £80 million of Jack

Quite.

Also I don’t know whether I need to reiterate this but the rumour has come from a ‘fishing’ spoof twitter account. It’s a piss take, a satirical nod to modern journalism and Twitter fans. Getting people to bite and in-jokers perpetuating the ‘joke’. 

Its interesting though, how quickly rumours can spread like wildfire, which are based on either little evidence, opinion or in this case just ‘wind ups’.  I have no doubt this story will be rehashed over the next few days on football rumour sites with added tidbits. We’re already seeing in here in this thread alone.

Â