The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How is it small club mentality to suggest that a player being bought for over 30 million quid who happens to apparently play the exact same position as Jack Grealish MIGHT be a replacement for Jack Grealish?

You know what I hate?

The apparent view that even mentioning one of our players leaving somehow makes me less of a fan and shows a small club mentality.

It's **** nonsense.

Didn't mean offence with it, I actually agree with you. My first thought with that link was:

1) that we'll only sign him if Grealish is on his way out. 

2) This is the type of players we always get hyped about being linked with and it never ever works out. I could probably name one player for each window. Sneijder being one. 

But it is small time mentality and I'm prone to it too. It's just gotten to the point where we are used to all our best players being sold. Whether it's Yorke, Barry, Milner, Young, Benteke or Delph. When you get used to this that affects your thinking. 

Fact is that Grealish most likely will continue on the left, and this player despite being similar in the same position, can cover central and right as well, and possibly even exchange roles with Grealish fluidly during a match as a AML/AMC/AMR. Some might even argue Grealish will go back to a CM role, but I can't see that myself. If we got used to the idea we are a big enough club to have several class players that would be the expected scenario, but we don't. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

We need to become less reliant on jack as we just cannot continue all our attacking emphasis through him. Rashica may well be signed with jack leaving in mind whenever that will be but also to supplement add much needed competition. He needs to earn his place like everyone else ..

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I think Wes Edens will be looking to build the Villans around Grealish, like the Bucks have been built around Giannis. Bucks look like winning their first title in 50 years under him.

Yep, exactly. Edens definitely knows how to run a sports franchise, Giannis is an absolute star now just like Grealish.

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A deadline for what exactly?

Assume it means a deadline and cut-off point for us allowing a deal for Grealish to be completed. We did this before a couple of years ago when Spurs were chasing him, and even though they came in and matched the fee we wanted it was beyond the deadline we'd set. I like this. We don't need to sell Jack, he's our best and most influential player and we don't need the money. Add to that his value to us is way more than the fee we'll be asking means we should be in the driving seat for this deal. 

We can't have this dark cloud of "will he or wont he" hanging over us when we need to prepare in a shorter pre-season for a hugely important season for us so one way or an other we need toast a deadline for this deal and move forward and know what we're working with. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, roonst83 said:

We can't have this dark cloud of "will he or wont he" hanging over us when we need to prepare in a shorter pre-season for a hugely important season for us so one way or an other we need toast a deadline for this deal and move forward and know what we're working with. 

I wouldn't worry about it or be distracted by it.

People really need to remember that Jack does not want to leave. Yes, he'd be silly not to consider things like Champions League football, but he definitely does not want to leave. It would have been a whole different story if we got relegated, but we didn't. If we decide we don't want to sell then he isn't going to try and force a move, he's proved it before, he loves his club.

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't worry about it or be distracted by it.

You may not, but you must be able to see that it would be a potential distraction to our plans for the upcoming season for the coaching staff and players, no?

3 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

You may not, but you must be able to see that it would be a potential distraction to our plans for the upcoming season for the coaching staff and players, no?

And that's exactly what the media have been trying to do for most of the season and probably will continue to do so.

Would you believe their same shite if it was written on Andrex as it's no different.

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

A sale of Grealish. 

Well maybe they have done that already and said “Not for Sale”.  We don’t know what discussions between clubs have happened.  

The rumours of a set 80m are just rumours and given the supposed interest, no club has even put a bid in or said anything else.  The trail seems to cold on Jack leaving.  We are early into the window so anything could change but speculation has decreased on him rather than increased.  I’m not counting the Spurs/Arsenal supposed interest because that’s just laughable.  

Other than that if interest comes late in the window the owners can still say no anyway whatever the fee and probably would if our strategy is based around Jack with limited time to change.  

Sometimes money is not worth it if it screws up your plans and they know Jack’s value won’t be decreasing.

Â