The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Has he really though? Not seen that anywhere. All I've heard him say is "I'm not commenting on other teams players"

‘Stating’ was probably too strong a word I should have said reportedly (from the media)

Even so, Jack clearly isn’t their number 1 target

Edited by theboyangel

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I can't see Jack leaving if we show some serious intent with our signings.

He won't have come out publicly saying he's not leaving because if he did and left he'd undermine his legacy at villa completely,  which he won't want to do.  He may not want to leave, but he'll know that IF a huge club comes in with a big money offer that gets accepted, he'd be a fool to not consider it. Especially if we dont sign anyone that makes Jack think we're progressing fast enough to meet his hopes of playing at the top.

That said, I dont think anyone will meet the asking price,  and I have a good feeling that our owners will sign the players that convince Jack he can fulfil all his footballing aspirations at Villa. 

Absolutely bang on

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I can't see Jack leaving if we show some serious intent with our signings.

He won't have come out publicly saying he's not leaving because if he did and left he'd undermine his legacy at villa completely,  which he won't want to do.  He may not want to leave, but he'll know that IF a huge club comes in with a big money offer that gets accepted, he'd be a fool to not consider it. Especially if we dont sign anyone that makes Jack think we're progressing fast enough to meet his hopes of playing at the top.

That said, I dont think anyone will meet the asking price,  and I have a good feeling that our owners will sign the players that convince Jack he can fulfil all his footballing aspirations at Villa. 

Good post.

3 hours ago, samjp26 said:

I think the Rashica signing will be the type of signing that makes Jack want to stay and believe there is a brighter future

Or it's his replacement...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate this small club mentality  but I completrly understand where you're coming from here. We've gotten so used to our best players leaving, the idea of having several at once is like utopia. 

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

To the naughty corner with you for an indefinite stay.

Nonsense, utter nonsense, to suggest planning that accommodates for a multitude of outcomes that might go either way.

You know what just get in the bin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, samjp26 said:

I think the Rashica signing will be the type of signing that makes Jack want to stay and believe there is a brighter future

I think Wes Edens will be looking to build the Villans around Grealish, like the Bucks have been built around Giannis. Bucks look like winning their first title in 50 years under him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think Wes Edens will be looking to build the Villans around Grealish, like the Bucks have been built around Giannis. Bucks look like winning their first title in 50 years under him.

What is the Bucks? 

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

What is the Bucks? 

Eden's NBA basketball team

They've gone from an all-time club low, which was bad as bad gets, to NBA title contenders in the space of 6 years, which is when Edens bought them.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think you would be absolutely bang on with this if this was still the last year's of the Lerner reign.

I see these guys we have running the show now like to build a good thing more so than dismantle work in progress.

Just my two cents on it...

Looks like the media are claiming Spuds are also after Jack but won't pay £80m either.  Well if that's the case they can jog on like Utd then.  It's about time we played hard ball with the "bigger" sides in the PL.

Edited by dubbs

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Looks like the media are also claiming Spuds are after Jack but won't pay £80m either.  Well if that's the case they can jog on like Utd then.  It's about time we played hard ball with the "bigger" sides in the PL.

Levi will not pay £80m for him now when he could have bought him for £25m earlier. It would make him look really bad (again, mind you)

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I hate this small club mentality  but I completrly understand where you're coming from here. We've gotten so used to our best players leaving, the idea of having several at once is like utopia. 

How is it small club mentality to suggest that a player being bought for over 30 million quid who happens to apparently play the exact same position as Jack Grealish MIGHT be a replacement for Jack Grealish?

You know what I hate?

The apparent view that even mentioning one of our players leaving somehow makes me less of a fan and shows a small club mentality.

It's **** nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How is it small club mentality to suggest that a player being bought for over 30 million quid who happens to apparently play the exact same position as Jack Grealish MIGHT be a replacement for Jack Grealish?

You know what I hate?

The apparent view that even mentioning one of our players leaving somehow makes me less of a fan and shows a small club mentality.

It's **** nonsense.

I think its the emotional baggage that we all have for Jack, its kind of like defending one of your own family or close friends if that makes sense, it brings out the somewhat irrational, no body wants to consider that outcome or situation response. I do not think anyone has suggested you are any less a fan for it though. My stance is that he is going nowhere is based on my heart and nothing more

Â