The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Shouldn't a lid be put on players mouths from saying things like a player you play alongside has outgrown the club or deserves a move, be it true or not, surely players like Conor should know to keep there gob shut and just not say anything.

Anybody would think some players want Jack to go. If Jack goes we wont be back in the premier for a long time or if he does go, who can fill his boots because none of them came remotely close last season.

Jack leaves and I think even Jack knows it will hurt Villa alot more and for longer than what we think it will, it will simply be a long wait to the next big star comes in and makes waves, which may take years. We cant afford to let Jack go I dont think.

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Shouldn't a lid be put on players mouths from saying things like a player you play alongside has outgrown the club or deserves a move, be it true or not, surely players like Conor should know to keep there gob shut and just not say anything.

Anybody would think some players want Jack to go. If Jack goes we wont be back in the premier for a long time or if he does go, who can fill his boots because none of them came remotely close last season.

Jack leaves and I think even Jack knows it will hurt Villa alot more and for longer than what we think it will, it will simply be a long wait to the next big star comes in and makes waves, which may take years. We cant afford to let Jack go I dont think.

I don’t want to put too much pressure on him but if Grealish does go then young Jacob Ramsey could step up

Players have such short careers that they have to do what is best for themselves. I couldn't blame Jack in the slightest if AV get relegated & he wants to move on. I also would have a hard time being too critical if a top six club came calling for him and he moved on. Clubs like Man U  & Man C use their money & status to get what they want, Leicester lost Mahrez to City  & Maguire to united but did manage to get top dollar. The system is set up in favour of the big boys !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Grealish is brilliant and I will hate it if/when he goes, but he is not irreplaceable. With the clout our owners have we will be back up, possibly stronger, for not being a one man team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Players have such short careers that they have to do what is best for themselves. I couldn't blame Jack in the slightest if AV get relegated & he wants to move on. I also would have a hard time being too critical if a top six club came calling for him and he moved on. Clubs like Man U  & Man C use their money & status to get what they want, Leicester lost Mahrez to City  & Maguire to united but did manage to get top dollar. The system is set up in favour of the big boys !!

But the difference between Leicester and Villa is Leicester use their money well.

Leicester has looked stronger after selling Maguire

Villa barely ever make good signings. Last actual good signing has been McGinn. And that signing was made by Steve Bruce..

Edited by villalad21

I would expect that Grealish already knows exactly where he's going to be next season and is having furniture ordered as we speak. And he's known for a while.

On a personal level you can't really blame him. But when he's gone he's just another opposition player. I won't begrudge him going, I won't despise him for it, but the moment he no longer wears claret and blue I can't wish him well. 

Regardless, he's not going to be at Villa Park every other week next season.

He made it clear he was off when he liked that tweet that of him in a Man U shirt. An act of petulance hours after we got battered 6-1 by City. 

Seriously, a club captain doing that? Jesus Christ that's poor. Not been as arsed with him as villa player since then.

Edited by villanmac

Nah Man Utd's main target is Sancho. That's probably 100 mill

They aren't really in need for Grealish when they got the likes of Pogba, Fernandes and Rashford.

Unless Pogba is sold they won't be in for him

• Like 1

I think i'm over all this Jack Grealish shite now to be honest.

At this point i'd rather just have a solid, hardworking and consistent TEAM, than all the distraction of one "Star" and the constant stories and comments from fans about him being "too good for us".

I want us to just get safe and get it over with, wouldn't even surprise me if he ended up at Newcastle.

Use the funds towards building a team of consistent performers.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think i'm over all this Jack Grealish shite now to be honest.

At this point i'd rather just have a solid, hardworking and consistent TEAM, than all the distraction of one "Star" and the constant stories and comments from fans about him being "too good for us".

I want us to just get safe and get it over with, wouldn't even surprise me if he ended up at Newcastle.

Use the funds towards building a team of consistent performers.

Why would he go to Newcastle?

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why would he go to Newcastle?

i-dont-always-5rswct.jpg

Although my comment is partially tongue in cheek, wouldn't surprise me if he is the type they would be targeting in their first cycle (If the Saudis take over), before they can get the REAL superstars.

Don't underestimate the power of money, endorsements, brown paperbags and "gifts".

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

i-dont-always-5rswct.jpg

Although my comment is partially tongue in cheek, wouldn't surprise me if he is the type they would be targeting in their first cycle (If the Saudis take over), before they can get the REAL superstars.

Don't underestimate the power of money, endorsements, brown paperbags and "gifts".

You don’t think Grealish is or at least has the potential to be a real superstar? £20 to VT if he goes to Newcastle

There's every chance Grealish can go to Newcastle if they get Pochettino or another top tier coach

He won't and shouldn't waste anymore time under Smith

Edited by villalad21

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You don’t think Grealish is or at least has the potential to be a real superstar? £20 to VT if he goes to Newcastle

Mate as I said, heavy degree of tongue in cheek.

Currently, I think his potential is a level under World Class, however, it is yet to be seen how he would perform with great players around him, as we all know.

He still has some deficiencies to his game, in which our excuse is always that "It's because none of the other players are on his wavelength", which is not always the truth.

Would you have seen Robinho going to Man City?

For example, players like Griezmann have so far been relative failures at Barca. Making a step up can either expose you for being overrated, or see you thrive. Not every team is setup for certain players, no matter how "great" they looked in a team with them as the central focus.

You see how quickly the best teams move the ball?

Grealish slows it down, and sometimes takes way too long on it, for example.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â