The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, sne said:

I imagine you will be quite alone on that one, yes.

His career has gone stale because he is a nothing player who is fascinatingly ineffective and who's more focused on his Instagram status and his JLingz clothes brand.

He's a muppet.

Well, that’s not a surprise, I think he is a very talented footballer. To be on Man Utd’s books for as long as he has, you have to have something about you. I didn’t know he has his own clothes brand, at least he has something to fall back on when he retires

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I might be the only one and not for the first time but I’d take Lingard in a part exchange deal for Grealish. I think Lingard needs to move to save his career, he’s gone stale at Manchester United in my opinion 

Lingard?, are you ok SGC?

I wouldnt touch lingard with someone else's, terribly overrated footballer.

Well, prob not terribly overrated because most people realise he is actually terrible, but still, I feel for any club that wastes money on him, and I pray it isnt us.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Lingard?, are you ok SGC?

I wouldnt touch lingard with someone else's, terribly overrated footballer.

Well, prob not terribly overrated because most people realise he is actually terrible, but still, I feel for any club that wastes money on him, and I pray it isnt us.

I think that a move is what he needs to reignite his career, 24 England caps and 131 games for Manchester United’s first team and you’re turning your nose up at him. He gets so much stick from fans and media alike but I’d take him 

If united are willing to pay 70mil I would snap their hands off. Transfers fees are going to drop dramatically. I just don’t see united paying anywhere near his value in the current climate 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

If united are willing to pay 70mil I would snap their hands off. Transfers fees are going to drop dramatically. I just don’t see united paying anywhere near his value in the current climate 

Me neither, but as long as we are not relegated our bargaining position will be fairly strong.

If we are relegated I fully expect us to be forced to sell for as little as £50m or so.

I just dont see United needing him, Rashford plays on the left and is an automatic starter. They also want Sancho as well to play on the wing. 

I think United will not spend big but will go all in for Sancho

We shouldn't be in a rush to sell him based on some perceived idea that the transfer fee is a huge amount in the current climate, knowing our luck we'd do that and then further along in the transfer window lesser players would start moving for bigger sums; if I remember rightly something similar happened with Barry, we though we got a really good deal for someone in the last year of their contract, then other players in the same situation moved for more money later in the window. Hopefully we don't sell him at all, but that will be dicated to some degree by which division we're in.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that a move is what he needs to reignite his career, 24 England caps and 131 games for Manchester United’s first team and you’re turning your nose up at him. He gets so much stick from fans and media alike but I’d take him 

He's just not focused mate. I followed him and Deli Ali on insta for a while. You would think they didn't have football careers. Mourinho has got Deli back on track,  Lingard still a bit of a lost cause under solskjaer, but a very talented footballer no doubt, not for us though no way, he would just take a wage with us, like many in past have.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's just not focused mate. I followed him and Deli Ali on insta for a while. You would think they didn't have football careers. Mourinho has got Deli back on track,  Lingard still a bit of a lost cause under solskjaer, but a very talented footballer no doubt, not for us though no way, he would just take a wage with us, like many in past have.

I think he’d be worth a gamble, every transfer is a gamble these days, regardless of the fee paid. Smith would need to find a way to get the best out of him, don’t ask me how

59 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Thats why character is so important.....arguably as important as talent.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I'm not sure where this transfer fees dropping dramatically stuff comes from

Do we need the money? Then why would our valuation of him drop? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I know many wouldn’t agree but I actually think that’s probably his value. 

When he plays for a top team he won’t stand out as much as he does for us. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Think I rather get Steven Ireland back out of retirement than sign JLingz. 

Lingard has Mino Raiola as agent and is already on £75k + bonuses at Manure. Raiola will want a couple of millions in agent fees and Lingard will want more than he's on at Manure + a hefty sign on bonus.

It would be like the James Milner / Steven Ireland deal only 1000 times worse.

And JLingz would absolutely not be named player of the year for us unlike Ireland 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Think I rather get Steven Ireland back out of retirement than sign JLingz. 

Lingard has Mino Raiola as agent and is already on £75k + bonuses at Manure. Raiola will want a couple of millions in agent fees and Lingard will want more than he's on at Manure + a hefty sign on bonus.

It would be like the James Milner / Steven Ireland deal only 1000 times worse.

And JLingz would absolutely not be named player of the year for us unlike Ireland 

He would probably be better than most of what we have but I can’t stand the guy after seeing his ‘Beans’ clip.

What an idiot. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He would probably be better than most of what we have but I can’t stand the guy after seeing his ‘Beans’ clip.

What an idiot. 

There has been players and managers through the years that I really didn't want at Villa for various reasons. Most of them obviously never set their foot here.

But the likes of Heskey, McLeish and Bruce fall into that category as I see them as a bit of a joke and just not good enough for what we needed.

Drinkwater being unprofessional and a drunk driver certainly falls into another category I didn't want here and JLingz is right there in yet another category with him being a bell end.

There are a few more but these guys were/are big red flags for me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’d be worth a gamble, every transfer is a gamble these days, regardless of the fee paid. Smith would need to find a way to get the best out of him, don’t ask me how

Don’t want any more of those attitudes at Villa, attitude for me is just as important as talent.  This “finding a way to get the best out of him” is a fools games, I mean how many players has that been said about and every manager has failed.  Given me your McGinn’s, Shaun Teale’s and Ian Taylor’s any day of the week over him.

• Like 3

Ancelotti will have a summer desperately trying to convince kenwright not to buy him

His career is only going down one path and its a path we've seen with a lot of English players, there's nothing to suggest he will do anything different 

The only man utd players who are not tainted are the young full back brandon williams, anthony martial (class dribbler) and mason greedwood who looks like one of these robbie fowler type (one touch.... goal)

Lingard is the eptiome of over hyped english player. if he was playing for norwich you wouldn't have heard of him.

giving grealish away and taking lingard would be like:

a)selling ashly young and bringing in charles nzogbia

b)selling Christian benteke and bringing in rudy gestede

lz)etting Vlaar leave and bringing in a knackered lesscot

but on the next level of stupidity.

Agbonlahor's done some interviews recently where he said when the club sold all the best players the rest of the lads stopped giving a shit.

do what you've always done get what you've always gotten

Edited by screwdriver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Williams and Greenwood haven't got that "made it" £100k a week as a teenager wonder where it went wrong at 25 type contract yet 

To be fair to him I'd say rashford has stayed pretty level headed too, he did actually break through and get to a good level before they threw money at him 

• Like 2

Â