The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The Sun is saying that if Manchester United buy Grealish, they’re going to play him on the right, I don’t know if this will suit him. At Villa, he is used to having the side built around him

The Sun know **** all about transfers, so I wouldnt imagine they know much more about tactics

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think we should sell him If we can get big money. We need a team. Not just an individual when he decides to turn up.  People talk about him like he’s Maradonna. 

Edit: I love watching him play and don’t want him to leave. He could also probably play for any team in the league. I just think we make him look better than he actually is and it wouldn’t be the end of the world if we sold him. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we should sell him If we can get big money. We need a team. Not just an individual when he decides to turn up.  People talk about him like he’s Maradonna. 

Edit: I love watching him play and don’t want him to leave. He could also probably play for any team in the league. I just think we make him look better than he actually is and it wouldn’t be the end of the world if we sold him. 

I see what you’re saying and I agree with you, it’s a team game after all, you need a squad in order to compete in the Premier League. Don’t get me wrong Grealish is brilliant but he can’t keep us afloat by himself, he’ll run out of steam eventually

17 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Seriously, anyone who thinks that we will be a better ‘team’ without Grealish is an idiot.

Simple as that.

All of our attacks go through him, the others players like El Ghazi get frustrated, it’s a team game. We need to try and keep all of our players happy, it’s why I’m not the manager 

45 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Seriously, anyone who thinks that we will be a better ‘team’ without Grealish is an idiot.

Simple as that.

Nobody is saying we would be better without him but we do need to stop such a reliance on one player. The whole of his transfer fee needs to be invested very wisely.

• Like 1

In light Covid-19 can anyone of Man. City, United, Liverpool or Chelsea really look to spend £100 million on Grealish?

He's under contract and that's a reasonable transfer fee for our prized asset.

Ed Woodward said yesterday huge transfer fees are not happening this summer at all.

Barcelona are looking to part exchange players, Real Madrid too and they are two of the biggest football teams out here.

I know he's an idiot but Daniel Levy also said something similar a few weeks ago.

16 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So you think they’re just guessing and trying to sell papers?

I think they're desperately still trying to flog the deal they have declared several times as done to save face

In reality they have rashford on the left and Fernandes in the middle so unless they plan on putting rashford up top then jack doesn't fit in their team, if they get sancho then even more so

But a grealish transfer is news and I don't think anyone else needs him either so other than utd they have no one to link him to, the price will put European teams off, Liverpool don't need him, City will replace silva with foden (but might sell sane) Leicester won't happen, Chelsea have pulisic and ziyech, spurs and arsenal have other problems and are out of it right now... I don't see a realistic suitor for him if I'm honest, I think he stays for thay reason

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nobody is saying we would be better without him but we do need to stop such a reliance on one player. The whole of his transfer fee needs to be invested very wisely.

I agree. It's going to be a tricky transition without some quality new players.

Everyone except McGinn has been incredibly reliant on letting Grealish being the man to move us on his own from defence to attack for about 4 years.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In light Covid-19 can anyone of Man. City, United, Liverpool or Chelsea really look to spend £100 million on Grealish?

Ed Woodward said yesterday huge transfer fees are not happening this summer at all.

Barcelona are looking to part exchange players, Real Madrid too and they are two of the biggest football teams out here.

I know he's an idiot but Daniel Levy also said something similar a few weeks ago.

He’s not an idiot, he’s a very shrewd businessman, it’s why Spurs have been near the top of the league for so long

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Good point , of course it trickles down so player we buy would be cheaper but if the big clubs wont spend then we end up taking a much lower fee or just holding on.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I agree. It's going to be a tricky transition without some quality new players.

Everyone except McGinn has been incredibly reliant on letting Grealish being the man to move us on his own from defence to attack for about 4 years.

Well Samatta can take the burden off those 2 hopefully, same goes for Wesley 

If we get relegated we could get well and truly shafted here.

No way will Grealish play another season in The Championship and no way we will get big money for him.  We would have to sell him in the one year where no one is spending big. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If we get relegated we could get well and truly shafted here.

No way will Grealish play another season in The Championship and no way we will get big money for him.  We would have to sell him in the one year where no one is spending big. 

Imagine him in The Championship in the form he’s been in this season. It’s imperative that we stay up

On 24/04/2020 at 01:36, KenjiOgiwara said:

I would in a way. I would never begrudge anyone changing a job, but it would directly affect his legacy. He could be a great one. If he leaves now he's no different than Steven Davis or Liam Ridgewell to me. Obviously a better player, but that's it. Just another academy product. 

Then again if he stays he could be so much more. 

I agree with what you say and I often think this about footballers... Ok it’s a short career but you can be a legend for your club and then spend 50 years post career universally adored there, like Le Tissier. I suppose the flipside is once your form drops the fans want you gone (see Gabby) but still I see your point in many cases. I can’t agree though that Grealish is just another Davis or Ridgewell in terms of his achievements for us - he did drag us to promotion which in milestones for the club is fairly major. On another note - always liked Davis a lot and glad he had a good career after we moved him on.

Â