The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I actually agree with Souness here.

Jack needs to play more effective. Pass and move. He holds onto the ball too much.

Whether he does it because he doesn't trust the rest of the players i don't know-

Who the hell is Billy Gilmour?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Figured that from the thumbnail but genuinely never heard of him, so I've decided he doesn't deserve to be discussed alongside our Jack.

He might not yet but I think he could be in the future

6 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

He's managed to get 7 goals and 6 assists playing in a pretty poor team. He's contributing a goal or an assist every other game in the Premier League. He'd have a decent chance of getting into a team of the season. 

He'd look better in a better team (any player would) but as for wanting him to move the ball quicker etc. I just think it would detract from his game. Obviously with better players around him he'd pass the ball more and he'd also have much more space as teams wouldn't be able to double/triple mark him out of the game but I'd like to think he'd still be allowed to play his natural game.

Additionally for me I just like watching the way he plays football. He's a one of a kind player who will slow the game down because that's the way he plays football. While he's contributing in the manner he is the last thing I'd be asking him to do is completely change his game. 

I genuinely don't think I've seen a player like him before - in my lifetime he seems to have a pretty unique skill set and way of playing the game. That's not me saying he's the best player in the world he's just different from anything else. I wouldn't know who to compare him to if I'm being honest.

I agree.....I did say, its not a criticism of Jack, more an observation about us ( the team).

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Figured that from the thumbnail but genuinely never heard of him, so I've decided he doesn't deserve to be discussed alongside our Jack.

but he won man of the match in a FA cup game vs Liverpool which meant that he was automatically world class

6 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

He's managed to get 7 goals and 6 assists playing in a pretty poor team. He's contributing a goal or an assist every other game in the Premier League. He'd have a decent chance of getting into a team of the season. 

He'd look better in a better team (any player would) but as for wanting him to move the ball quicker etc. I just think it would detract from his game. Obviously with better players around him he'd pass the ball more and he'd also have much more space as teams wouldn't be able to double/triple mark him out of the game but I'd like to think he'd still be allowed to play his natural game.

Additionally for me I just like watching the way he plays football. He's a one of a kind player who will slow the game down because that's the way he plays football. While he's contributing in the manner he is the last thing I'd be asking him to do is completely change his game. 

I genuinely don't think I've seen a player like him before - in my lifetime he seems to have a pretty unique skill set and way of playing the game. That's not me saying he's the best player in the world he's just different from anything else. I wouldn't know who to compare him to if I'm being honest.

I’ve only seen video clips of him but Michael Laudrup plays like him, he plays on the left but is all right foot

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

He started v Liverpool in the cup and was MOTM. Was going to start v us.

23 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Jack needs to play more effective. Pass and move. He holds onto the ball too much.

Whether he does it because he doesn't trust the rest of the players i don't know-

don't think its trust I just think we are **** terrible at moving off the ball when we have possession, and its not this villa team, its been more or less every villa team since MON

said before and you have to put the tin hat on for it....its the 1 thing that drinkwater actually offered, someone has to show, jack gets it out on the left on the half way line then targett should be offering either a pass back or an overlap, a central midfielder should be showing inside, the striker should be either heading for the channel or trying to pull the right sided CB / holding midfielder away from where Jack can run, we do hardly any of that

stick him in an England side with sterling, kane and Maddison around him and magically his passing would get faster

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

don't think its trust I just think we are **** terrible at moving off the ball when we have possession, and its not this villa team, its been more or less every villa team since MON

said before and you have to put the tin hat on for it....its the 1 thing that drinkwater actually offered, someone has to show, jack gets it out on the left on the half way line then targett should be offering either a pass back or an overlap, a central midfielder should be showing inside, the striker should be either heading for the channel or trying to pull the right sided CB / holding midfielder away from where Jack can run, we do hardly any of that

stick him in an England side with sterling, kane and Maddison around him and magically his passing would get faster

I think you are right, especially the bit about Drinkwater

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Latest 1874 podcast Gregg Evans saying it will unfortunately be his last season at Villa with Dan Bardell saying “youre going to get us in trouble”. Obviously must know something is done or close to done. Bardell speaks with Jacks brother a bit doesnt he?

Whatever happens with Grealish, he has been a great servant to the club, he stayed for 3 years in The Championship. It would be great if he did stay for next season too but I wouldn’t begrudge him a move

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Latest 1874 podcast Gregg Evans saying it will unfortunately be his last season at Villa with Dan Bardell saying “youre going to get us in trouble”. Obviously must know something is done or close to done. Bardell speaks with Jacks brother a bit doesnt he?

Dont worry, I jumped the gun a bit there as they go on to talk about Jack more towards the end and the “youre going to get us in trouble” comment appears to allude towards them getting some abuse on twitter with Villa fans accusing them of trying to move him on to the mancs.

Gregg Evans is a tool. I can't stand the miserable c*^$t

Something I've been wondering, how many full seasons has Jack played in his career as a first teamer? Under Sherwood he played but Garde had him frozen out of the team earlier that season. I seem to remember him being injured during a fair amount during our first season in the championship - then the second year he got that freak kidney thing.

The year we came up he was having to lie to Tammy about his shin - splints.
Now coronavirus has unfortunately stopped him playing which is four seasons without playing 35+ games.

Something for interested clubs to ponder.

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Gregg Evans is a tool. I can't stand the miserable c*^$t

Something I've been wondering, how many full seasons has Jack played in his career as a first teamer? Under Sherwood he played but Garde had him frozen out of the team earlier that season. I seem to remember him being injured during a fair amount during our first season in the championship - then the second year he got that freak kidney thing.

The year we came up he was having to lie to Tammy about his shin - splints.
Now coronavirus has unfortunately stopped him playing which is four seasons without playing 35+ games.

Something for interested clubs to ponder.

Can you explain the bold comment for an ignoramus like myself? I remember the splints, and I remember both him and Tammy being injured, but nothing about false truths.

51 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Whatever happens with Grealish, he has been a great servant to the club, he stayed for 3 years in The Championship. It would be great if he did stay for next season too but I wouldn’t begrudge him a move

Neither would I.

That said, without wanting to tell him how to live his own life, I think a move away would be a poor result for his beloved club and a questionable one for himself.

I suppose it's up to him on how he defines his value, but if I were playing like Jack is right now, and Villa were in the same position that the club currently finds itself..

I couldn't think of a greater and more meaningful challenge than to have a legacy rest on rising to the occasion for this club and taking us higher, even if by the scruff of the neck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Can you explain the bold comment for an ignoramus like myself? I remember the splints, and I remember both him and Tammy being injured, but nothing about false truths.

Jack had a shin injury which spread over the holiday period into the Jan transfer window of 2020. Rumors were that Chelsea (probably with the knowledge  that the transfer ban was on the horizon) were going to recall TA as Wolves were interested.

Jack has admitted in interviews that he kept telling Tammy he would be back in a week to ten days just to prevent him from leaving - even though our Jack knew he'd be out until the end of Feb/early March, (and the rest his history.)

So not really false truths but little white lies - and as long as they benefitted the Villa they are fine by me :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I would in a way. I would never begrudge anyone changing a job, but it would directly affect his legacy. He could be a great one. If he leaves now he's no different than Steven Davis or Liam Ridgewell to me. Obviously a better player, but that's it. Just another academy product. 

Then again if he stays he could be so much more. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

34 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Neither would I.

That said, without wanting to tell him how to live his own life, I think a move away would be a poor result for his beloved club and a questionable one for himself.

I suppose it's up to him on how he defines his value, but if I were playing like Jack is right now, and Villa were in the same position that the club currently finds itself..

I couldn't think of a greater and more meaningful challenge than to have a legacy rest on rising to the occasion for this club and taking us higher, even if by the scruff of the neck.

Why would it be a questionable one for himself? Surely every player wants to play at the highest level possible. He’s been carrying us for a long time now

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I would in a way. I would never begrudge anyone changing a job, but it would directly affect his legacy. He could be a great one. If he leaves now he's no different than Steven Davis or Liam Ridgewell to me. Obviously a better player, but that's it. 

I think he already is a great player, he’s 24 years old and is captaining the club in the Premier League. I’m 29 years old, I’ve never seen a side so reliant on one player, all our attacks go through him. He loves the club, he’s one of us but if he did want to move this Summer, I wouldn’t blame him

Â