The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I really don't see Pochettino going to them.

Everyone's got a price

If the takeover actually happens.. they are 10 times as wealthy as the City owners...

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Everyone's got a price

If the takeover actually happens.. they are 10 times as wealthy as the City owners...

It's true, just think he would only go to a next-level job.

I thought he was lined up Real Madrid?

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's true, just think he would only go to a next-level job.

I thought he was lined up Real Madrid?

I think his agent has no doubt shopped him around and he's not getting a lot of bites, not sure who's changed manager since he got sacked, definitely barca and bayern from the top table, the utd link has died down

I don't think his stock is as high as its made out to be

Also thing paying the manager £365k a week is a red rag to a bull, agent demands for player wages would be insane 

Edited by villa4europe

On 29/04/2020 at 18:41, Vive_La_Villa said:

The wank fest over Sheffield United cracks me up. One good season in the top flight (which is pretty incredible to be fair) and now Wilder is the best thing since sliced bread. 

Hull and Ipswich both did similar things once and went down a season later.  

Let’s see how Sheffield United fare next season before we put posters of Wilder on our bedroom walls.

So thats what you call it for a deserved comments on a remarkable season....one good season, because they have only played one....the previous one and the one before that was pretty impresive too....They never had a Jack Grealish , Tammy Abraham or a John McGinn in their championship line up.....so give credit where it belongs.

One good season in the top flight?..............Well, they will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Personally, I much prefer to talk about the "Here & Now" than the "jam" tomorrow.

What Wilder has done to date is remarkable and simple and cheap....IMO....lets not get all jealous and make silly remarks, what Villa fan would have his face on their walls?, I thought that was an old fashiond thing anyway? and our walls are reserved for Villa Memorabillia, not Sheff Utd.

If they fail next season, we can then comment on that, or what might have gone wrong....quite frankly, he deserves all the praise he gets, so far.

as for us.....We are, what we is....not what we want to be.

Edited by TRO

The challenge for Sheffield utd is they can't rely on organisation and hard work forever, eventually they will have to replace some of their cornerstone players with better ones and that can upset the balance of the squad

Do however think berge is the kind of signing that suggests they're capable of doing it 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The challenge for Sheffield utd is they can't rely on organisation and hard work forever, eventually they will have to replace some of their cornerstone players with better ones and that can upset the balance of the squad

Do however think berge is the kind of signing that suggests they're capable of doing it 

I get your point.....but we did much the same under Saunders and Taylor.

Wilder, Knows what he is looking for and will replace like with like....you can rely on work rate and organisation more than you think, but it will only take you so far, without talent....but you are unlikely to be in relegation issues, like we are.

Ron said the team will run for another 12 months after he left, such was the organisation and work rate that he instilled.....The same when Taylor went, it all faultered.

It was more or less True....we got rid of the stars thanks to HDE who equally couldn't see the project for what it was and the thing fell apart.

It could happen at Sheff Utd....It all centre's around Wilder.....If he is kept on and they buy well, it could just as easily carry on.

But the wheels coming off is all conjecture....They are enjoying a time in the sun and they should just enjoy it.

I think its more to do with folk underestimating the power of organisation and workrate and where it will take you.....I also think, the top teams are so much eye candy, that the organisation and workrate of those teams is overlooked or taken for granted.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

So thats what you call it for a deserved comments on a remarkable season....one good season, because they have only played one....the previous one and the one before that was pretty impresive too....They never had a Jack Grealish , Tammy Abraham or a John McGinn in their championship line up.....so give credit where it belongs.

One good season in the top flight?..............Well, they will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Personally, I much prefer to talk about the "Here & Now" than the "jam" tomorrow.

What Wilder has done to date is remarkable and simple and cheap....IMO....lets not get all jealous and make silly remarks, what Villa fan would have his face on their walls?, I thought that was an old fashiond thing anyway? and our walls are reserved for Villa Memorabillia, not Sheff Utd.

If they fail next season, we can then comment on that, or what might have gone wrong....quite frankly, he deserves all the praise he gets, so far.

as for us.....We are, what we is....not what we want to be.

He does deserve all the praise he gets.  I just find it amusing how so many Villa fans can’t seem to shut up about him on a forum about Villa in every bloody thread. It’s Wilder this and Wilder that. This is a Jack Grealish thread and some how Sir Chris Wilder gets bought up. 

Let’s see if the same fans are creaming over him and still have his posters on the wall after next season. 

if they do then I accept I was wrong about him and I’ll join the wank fest and also buy some posters :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think i'm over all this Jack Grealish shite now to be honest.

At this point i'd rather just have a solid, hardworking and consistent TEAM, than all the distraction of one "Star" and the constant stories and comments from fans about him being "too good for us".

I want us to just get safe and get it over with, wouldn't even surprise me if he ended up at Newcastle.

Use the funds towards building a team of consistent performers.

That's where I am with it. It's Jack Grealish FC now.

He's clearly fed up of playing with the shite we have in the squad and has been since December. The frustration is always there when he plays and the tantrums like the one he had at St Mary's, although understandable, are no good if you want to achieve as a squad. Our game plan is just to give him the ball and work from there.

Just watching the Bulls documentary on Netflix there was a similar thing with Michael Jordan. The game plan was just put the ball in MJ's hands until Phil Jackson came in and explained that they had to find other ways to make the other guys better and create new threats so he was going to see less of the ball. He actually said flat out to MJ that he was no longer going to be scoring champion in the league but it led to them winning things. That's with the greatest basketballer of all time. Now, i know that's not possible with us for a number of reasons, namely we aint no Chicago bulls when it comes to the supporting cast of players and even if we had better players Grealish likely wouldn't have it while he's trying to get a move to United and play for England, but its the principle we need to get back to. The only problem is if we get the same clowns to spend the funds we'll end up in sh*t street again.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He does deserve all the praise he gets.  I just find it amusing how so many Villa fans can’t seem to shut up about him on a forum about Villa in every bloody thread. It’s Wilder this and Wilder that. This is a Jack Grealish thread and some how Sir Chris Wilder gets bought up. 

Let’s see if the same fans are creaming over him and still have his posters on the wall after next season. 

if they do then I accept I was wrong about him and I’ll join the wank fest and also buy some posters :)

Firstly you are right, it should be on another thread.....but I think it has drifted, because he has built a team, not a one man band like Jack.

buts lets wait until he fails before you get all precious about the praise afforded him.

I think its the simplicity of what he has done that has caused the frustration or attracted the fascination, where ever you stand.

Edited by TRO

Thing is we're in sh*t Street now regardless of having one of the most gifted players any of us have seen down at Villa.

I think it's criminal we didn't buy better players or PL players but instead bought 'ifs and maybes' in the hope they came good. Now because of this lack of plan we could potentially lose arguably the best player we have ever had. We're a mess, have been for years!

• Like 1

If he leaves us he'll be wanting to play in europe. Man. United at worst is europa league again and they could easily get into CL if premier league/europa is eventually completed.

Newcastle will take a while to qualify for europe I reckon. A few of the big hitting teams have had poor seasons like the year Leicester won the league but they all bounced back in the season afterwards.

You've got Wolves who in their present structure are showing they're a comfortable enough top half prem club now. Everton will themselves make some big name signings with Ancelotti as manager.

It took 3 years for Man. City to qualify for CL from their takeover so I'd be surprised if Newcastle did that in fewer seasons, could be 4-5 easily so not sure Grealish would be tempted by waiting that long. He might aswell stay with us in that situation but it wouldn't just be Newcastle interested in him.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2020 at 08:59, villa4europe said:

I still don't see us getting CL in Jacks career, I just don't see it as realistic barring some sort of strange occurrence like Barry being the next Harry Kane and getting 20+ goals a season or Suso hits 2/3 absolute home runs

that's a reflection of the PL rather than us

we need a better coach and better players just to get lost in the noise between 8th - 12th (which currently includes spurs, arsenal and everton) let alone 5th - 7th (which currently includes wolves and utd) and that doesn't factor in Newcastle, money alone isn't going to do it, we need to find world beaters from somewhere, which is made harder because its the same plan as everyone else and as we've seen the risks of taking chances often don't pay off

Yeah that's a sensible post. If we make 9/10 signings over next two years (something will have gone very wrong if we're making that number in the summer or whenever the next window is) we'd need about 7 of them to be reasonably solid just to be a good consistant top half team I think. Been a long while since we achieved that, 2009 window perhaps and that was largely just one season from likes of Dunne, Warnock and Collins.

Then we need to get at least the next managerial appointment right or even to perform a fair bit above expectations as Rodgers has done at Leicester.

Still though huge things can change in football in five year timespan (although we mainly use it to try to outdo our previous ineptness nowadays).

If you'd said in April 2010 we'd spend the next five years battling relegation pretty much every season, record league defeats and regular winless runs of 10 games couple with McLeish managing us and bargain basement signings the poster would've been laughed out of the forum. Yet it happened.

It's a lot easier to be bad than good in football but at the same time we can improve a fair bit up to May 2025 I'm sure just like we did from April 2005 up to 2010.

It would be easier to keep Jack if he was 20 or 21 but he's mid 20s now and that's the time you need to be playing in europe every season and competiting for premier leagues and FA cups. That's what Barry and Young realised when they started to get picked for England and same will happen to him.

• Like 1

The Manchester Evening News is reporting that Manchester United tried to set up a deal for Jack in February. They claim they had been tracking Maddison for over a year, who is rated at around £80m, but that he's expected to stay where he is, for at least a year, so it's back to Jack. Apparently they believe Grealish could be available for a cheaper fee, especially if Villa are relegated and have prioritised him over Maddison. 

It's likely no more than further MGN click-bait. They wouldn't get Maddison for £80m and why would Jack be available for under £80m? In any case here it is:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfer-james-maddison-18174340

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At this point i'd rather just have a solid, hardworking and consistent TEAM, than all the distraction of one "Star" and the constant stories and comments from fans about him being "too good for us".

I want us to just get safe and get it over with, wouldn't even surprise me if he ended up at Newcastle.

We were a solid, hardworking and consistent team under Martin O'Neill. Still had the endless 2008 Barry transfer saga (ironically the next summer Man. City signed him a week or so after the season ended) then Milner in 2010. Young in 2011 was fairly quick departure IIRC.

It's just what happens. Leicester had it with Mahrez and Maguire aswell.

You can keep them longer if you get good really quick as Wolves have done.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Why would they sack Zidane?

Don't they do it every few seasons, ?....how many times has he been back now.?

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd love him to stay and us stick some decent players around him. You don't get players like this very often. I have no interest in selling him for less than £50m even if we go down.

If we could become less of a one man team, then we'd really see how good he can be.

The fans talking us down is so annoying, I don't know where it's come from. I suppose the PL being so hard to break through, becoming a top six side looks so far away. Chumps like Hourihane saying it as well, talking Aston Villa down is infuriating and will only encourage more so you haven't seen that last of it I'm afraid. What a pathetic attitude, speaks volumes about him.

We had a chance this summer to change our fortunes but Purslow cocked up and got in a guy not thinking in modern terms. Suso asked agents who to sign, bought relatively poorly, and it's going to cost us long-term.

• Like 3

Â