The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Firstly you are right, it should be on another thread.....but I think it has drifted, because he has built a team, not a one man band like Jack.

buts lets wait until he fails before you get all precious about the praise afforded him.

I think its the simplicity of what he has done that has caused the frustration or attracted the fascination, where ever you stand.

Fair enough. Let’s also give him another season before we change on topic in to the Chris Wilder appriecation society. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd love him to stay and us stick some decent players around him. You don't get players like this very often. I have no interest in selling him for less than £50m even if we go down.

If we could become less of a one man team, then we'd really see how good he can be.

The fans talking us down is so annoying, I don't know where it's come from. I suppose the PL being so hard to break through, becoming a top six side looks so far away. Chumps like Hourihane saying it as well, talking Aston Villa down is infuriating and will only encourage more so you haven't seen that last of it I'm afraid. What a pathetic attitude, speaks volumes about him.

We had a chance this summer to change our fortunes but Purslow cocked up and got in a guy not thinking in modern terms. Suso asked agents who to sign, bought relatively poorly, and it's going to cost us long-term.

I think you are right about not talking us down.....but equally there are stats that point to poor performance, that just cannot be ignored.

It is decisions that are proving to be poor, that is making it difficult for us.

The hierarchy have to find quality additions to acheive drive and ambition to allow the fans to talk the thing up.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Trying it on like most clubs will be.  Would not surprise me if votes at that Prem meeting are being used in transfer dealings!   If 200m is the cost of relegation we will give you 50m and a vote to void the season seems a good deal!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Trying it on like most clubs will be.  Would not surprise me if votes at that Prem meeting are being used in transfer dealings!   If 200m is the cost of relegation we will give you 50m and a vote to void the season seems a good deal!

Yeah I agree that they will be trying it on, hence why I’m glad we have have Purslow on our side.

It’s a good question though that down to votes we need Man U on our side but to get that we lose Jack for 50m or we get relegated.

So hypothetical choice to everybody of

• Villa get Man U’s vote that no relegation if games can’t be restarted if Man U can get Jack for 50m in a secret deal, or
  • Man U vote against us and we are guaranteed relegation based on current standing (most likely lose Grealish anyway but may get more money)

Which would you chose?

Edited by nick76

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So hypothetical choice to everybody of

• Villa get Man U’s vote that no relegation if games can’t be restarted if Man U can get Jack for 50m in a secret deal, or
  • Man U vote against us and we are guaranteed relegation based on current standing (most likely lose Grealish anyway but may get more money)

Which would you chose?

No brainer, sell to Man U and stay up. 

2 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Yeah erm, United have the deciding vote on relegation.... 😶

Just going on the talk that you need 14 clubs to vote through an amendment then as the media are saying the bottom 6 would vote to void then you only need 1 other club?

• Like 1

That article is unsurprisingly bollocks

I do like how they think he can play alongside Fernandes though, utd lining up with 2 attacking midfielders, 2 wingers and a striker...i still don't see utd needing him but they do have a habit of splurging to try and show they're still relevant 

I think city selling sane would be more trouble for us 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Yeah erm, United have the deciding vote on relegation.... 😶

The worse thing is that there are only 20 votes from the 20 clubs so 1 vote makes a huge difference and yeah let’s forget my hypothetical but I bet there are loads of behind the scenes deals being had.  We know that because how they have acted over this re money vs health....nothing stops them when it comes to greed.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That article is unsurprisingly bollocks

I do like how they think he can play alongside Fernandes though, utd lining up with 2 attacking midfielders, 2 wingers and a striker...i still don't see utd needing him but they do have a habit of splurging to try and show they're still relevant 

I think city selling sane would be more trouble for us 

Yeah but Man U have seemed to show an interest in Jack.  Additionally they want a squad of players and aren’t just focusing on the first XI so probably wouldn’t line up like you said but they’d want options for different games or off the bench.

• Like 1

Guest av1
1 hour ago, Jareth said:

No brainer, sell to Man U and stay up. 

No brained, play like UTD like a fiddle - get them onside then refuse to sell. 

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

No brained, play like UTD like a fiddle - get them onside then refuse to sell. 

Like candy from a baby - little do they realise that by loaning Januzaj and Cleverley out AT THE SAME TIME, they will be inelligble to purchase Jack. 

10 minutes ago, sne said:

£90m and they promise to sell Lingard to Newcastle

I might be the only one and not for the first time but I’d take Lingard in a part exchange deal for Grealish. I think Lingard needs to move to save his career, he’s gone stale at Manchester United in my opinion 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I might be the only one and not for the first time but I’d take Lingard in a part exchange deal for Grealish. I think Lingard needs to move to save his career, he’s gone stale at Manchester United in my opinion 

I imagine you will be quite alone on that one, yes.

His career has gone stale because he is a nothing player who is fascinatingly ineffective and who's more focused on his Instagram status and his JLingz clothes brand.

He's a muppet.

• Like 4

Â