The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

So many amazing footballers have stayed at the club they loved and they have not won much or anything while staying put. This whole Jack needs to move for his own good is proper over rated, who's to say Jack would even shine if he joined a top six premier outfit. Jack's a good player but just because he'd be playing by the side of the best doesn't mean that translates does it???

If he went I'd wish him good luck however I'm selfish and dont want to see him go or bang I'm goals against us, which is another reason I'd not let him leave while ever were in the premier. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So many amazing footballers have stayed at the club they loved and they have not won much or anything while staying put. This whole Jack needs to move for his own good is proper over rated, who's to say Jack would even shine if he joined a top six premier outfit. Jack's a good player but just because he'd be playing by the side of the best doesn't mean that translates does it???

If he went I'd wish him good luck however I'm selfish and dont want to see him go or bang I'm goals against us, which is another reason I'd not let him leave while ever were in the premier. 

I think you are spot on 

Jacks position is clear....He is head and shoulders above any player in our squad, only McGinn comes anywhere close at his best.

Its the clubs responsibility to acquire the standard to keep these players interested...that is the crucial bit, apart from wages of course.

A club like Aston Villa cannot function with any ambition as a one man band.

We did have a volume turnover last summer, which made building difficult, but we must raise the standard moving forward or our best players will always want to move on.

I don't accept it will always be the case.....teams of the past like 80',81,82... no one wanted to move, because they could smell success.....If we can build credibly, it will have a knock on effect.

I understand money, talks loudest, but having promise, hope and ambition, gives players something to really think about.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If we get relegated we could get well and truly shafted here.

No way will Grealish play another season in The Championship and no way we will get big money for him.  We would have to sell him in the one year where no one is spending big. 

Three years left. We keep him if the offers coming in are only £25m or something. Jack, you're going to have to get us up again I'm afraid.

Our results under Smith in that league averaged out to 83 points, which puts us comfortably in the top three or four.

That's with no pre-season and having to pick up from Bruce with no CBs in the squad for about two months. The likes of Taylor, Hutton, Jedinak, Bolasie, Hourihane, Whelan, Kodjia, Adomah all getting plenty of minutes.

We'll be much better next time round if we were to keep Grealish, and I think we'd easily get the extra 7 points or so to mean we'd be heading straight back up.

Tammy missing the an issue but Samatta looks brilliant to me. That league is not a hard league to score in. Pukki and Wood both hit 30.

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are spot on 

Cheers to you Sir Gary.

If we can somehow get this out of jail card and they good the season, hopefully Smith learns and comes up with some extra plan. I do think for a few of our new players that it is just a case of playing catch up to what is already a next level up of football if not more for them. I'm still confident that what we need most is a couple of ace midfielders and a few new Wingers, I hope those are the areas we concentrate signing in.

Jack needs to be back at the centre IMO!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jacks position is clear....He is head and shoulders above any player in our squad, only McGinn comes anywhere close at his best.

Its the clubs responsibility to acquire the standard to keep these players interested...that is the crucial bit, apart from wages of course.

We did have a volume turnover last summer, which made building difficult, but we must raise the standard moving forward or our best players will always want to move on.

I don't accept it will always be the case.....teams of the past like 80',81,82... no one wanted to move, because they could smell success.....If we can build credibly, it will have a knock on effect.

I understand money, talks loudest, but having promise, hope and ambition, gives players something to really think about.

That I do agree with TRO, i believe our Owners know that they want success and realise that success comes first that the sale of our players should be secondary. No way can a new outfit in the premier put player sales above being successful it just doesn't fit and we would just drift away into a nothing team eventually. High standards must be kept at all times, especially when signing. 

I read something when Edans said he wanted to replicate the way he does things at his basketball team, can you really replicate how you do things for one sport Into another, I'm not sure you can because surely the Data he talks about is different on analysis levels.

When you buy a brand new team because alot of the old guard who had to move on, surely your going to get complications. With alot of those players we signed I do feel we got it wrong in ways especially our players on the Wings and we now need to rectify that by bringing in much better. I spose that's what it's all about when you get things wrong, is to put it right, we had one season though and our forward lines failed more than what it should of done. I hope management are hard working on identifying where we failed and are going to give it there all at signing a few new players who can do the necessary work in those positions. As it stood of our season, we really needed our game levels rising much above what it should of been.

38 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That I do agree with TRO, i believe our Owners know that they want success and realise that success comes first that the sale of our players should be secondary. No way can a new outfit in the premier put player sales above being successful it just doesn't fit and we would just drift away into a nothing team eventually. High standards must be kept at all times, especially when signing. 

I read something when Edans said he wanted to replicate the way he does things at his basketball team, can you really replicate how you do things for one sport Into another, I'm not sure you can because surely the Data he talks about is different on analysis levels.

When you buy a brand new team because alot of the old guard who had to move on, surely your going to get complications. With alot of those players we signed I do feel we got it wrong in ways especially our players on the Wings and we now need to rectify that by bringing in much better. I spose that's what it's all about when you get things wrong, is to put it right, we had one season though and our forward lines failed more than what it should of done. I hope management are hard working on identifying where we failed and are going to give it there all at signing a few new players who can do the necessary work in those positions. As it stood of our season, we really needed our game levels rising much above what it should of been.

I think you are right about the wings, but my first target, if it was me in charge is a midfield General, one who can bark orders and take control on the pitch, a strong leader with a passion for winning, a player who can inspire and influence the mood in a game...a player the others will respond to.

We have many things wrong.....but that for me is paramount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Cheers to you Sir Gary.

If we can somehow get this out of jail card and they good the season, hopefully Smith learns and comes up with some extra plan. I do think for a few of our new players that it is just a case of playing catch up to what is already a next level up of football if not more for them. I'm still confident that what we need most is a couple of ace midfielders and a few new Wingers, I hope those are the areas we concentrate signing in.

Dave....I am not sure, Jack is a central midfielder, don't think he is a winger either....more an inside forward for me.

In the middle you need a player that can intercept, read the game and anticipate...one who can stop raids and attacks from the opposition.....The centre mids need to be able to stop the opposition as well as create.

Jack for me, is an Alan Hudson, Paul Merson type.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Cheers to you Sir Gary.

I don’t agree here, we need to be grateful for what we have and make the most of the current situation. I firmly believe that we have the players and manager to stay in this division. It is a blessing to play and watch the Premier League, it is the best league in the world after all

Just now, TRO said:

Dave....I am not sure, Jack is a central midfielder, don't think he is a winger either....more an inside forward for me.

In the middle you need a player that can intercept, read the game and anticipate...one who can stop raids and attacks from the opposition.....The centre mids need to be able to stop the opposition as well as create.

Jack for me, is an Alan Hudson, Paul Merson type.

I think you are spot on here

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I've made this post elsewhere but I always remember long ago when Micah Richards was actually a hugely rated young prospect and had Arsenal and Liverpool seriously linked to him. He was thinking of moving on from Man. City given they were bottom half in those days but then they got taken over and owners showed him they wanted to sign Tevez, Robinho, Aguero and David Silva so he decided it made sense for him to stay put. He won a league title there he wouldn't have if he'd gone to those clubs linked with him.

Of course I don't expect those standards of players to be signing for us in the summer or whenever the window opens but as others have said for us to truly progress like Wes Edens wants we need to step up in the transfer market and start signing some top level players. WIll make Grealish more content to stay and then we can at least see top half finish as realistc prospect and build from there.

I doubt he's staying if we have another summer of signing players of standard of Hause and Trez. We have enough squad players now and FFP restrictions could well be relaxed so I really don't see what's stopping us otherwise team like Newcastle will go miles clear of us just like Woves have done in last few years and Everton and Spurs have done in last decade.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Woodward has said United wont be making big money transfers due to coronavirus, he said it will ignore the financial reality at the moment

Or Is he perhaps saying, they won't be paying big money for any players they sign, so selling clubs should expect that to be reflected in any bids they make and should be willing to accept whatever derisory offer, they may.choose to make? :angry:

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I've made this post elsewhere but I always remember long ago when Micah Richards was actually a hugely rated young prospect and had Arsenal and Liverpool seriously linked to him. He was thinking of moving on from Man. City given they were bottom half in those days but then they got taken over and owners showed him they wanted to sign Tevez, Robinho, Aguero and David Silva so he decided it made sense for him to stay put. He won a league title there he wouldn't have if he'd gone to those clubs linked with him.

Of course I don't expect those standards of players to be signing for us in the summer or whenever the window opens but as others have said for us to truly progress like Wes Edens wants we need to step up in the transfer market and start signing some top level players. WIll make Grealish more content to stay and then we can at least see top half finish as realistc prospect and build from there.

I doubt he's staying if we have another summer of signing players of standard of Hause and Trez. We have enough squad players now and FFP restrictions could well be relaxed so I really don't see what's stopping us otherwise team like Newcastle will go miles clear of us just like Woves have done in last few years and Everton and Spurs have done in last decade.

I agree.

I have said many times on here, the prospect of signing gems like McGinn, Vardy, Mahrez...is far more fun, for me.....but its difficult, so we have to mix it up with both.

but lets put the record straight.....NSWE are worth c £9 billion and Sheik Mansour c17 billion......so we have big hitters too......its not like we are totally out gunned or shouldn't be.

FFP is always and obstacle for us, but my point is while we can't compete with Man City as you point out we should be setting our sights on far better than what we have been,moving forward.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 26/04/2020 at 14:17, Dave-R said:

Players like Brian Labone at Everton and our own Charlie Aitken, one club men are a rare breed now Dave.

They all want to play with the best players and they are usually at clubs who pay the highest wages.

Loyalty, is a rare commodity.

I would like to wager that when Jack was 18 his ambition would be to Play for Villa for the rest of his career.......How things change, when you actually get where you always wanted to be.....Human Nature, I guess.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He is raffling off the jersey from his most famous game for the NHS, the game he scored the winner at the sty

I’ve donated.

Great cause and an epic shirt to win. Straight in a frame with the picture of him pointing to his name and the moment he got slapped in it. 

Then off round my mates house to show him... nose obviously. 😂

Edited by spiezels
  • Haha 1

If we are to be successful, we do not want to `dumb down', ie. sell Grealish and buy lesser players. We need to raise our game and keep Grealish and buy players as good as him.

I believe we have the owners to do this. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If we are to be successful, we do not want to `dumb down', ie. sell Grealish and buy lesser players. We need to raise our game and keep Grealish and buy players as good as him.

I believe we have the owners to do this. 

You really think he want to fight relegation all his career?

We have a novice of a coach at this level and are likely to get relegated unless the league get's void.

Get in a high profile coach and there may be a chance of keeping him.

• Like 1

Â