The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

De Bruyne

His name was the first name to come to my mind too, I think De Bruyne is a fantastic player. I’m going to watch a YouTube video of his now- edit well that was fun, he’s like an artist on the pitch, he can create something out of nothing in a blink of an eye

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

8 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I agree we need a better coach and better players in order to keep him.

I still don't see us getting CL in Jacks career, I just don't see it as realistic barring some sort of strange occurrence like Barry being the next Harry Kane and getting 20+ goals a season or Suso hits 2/3 absolute home runs

that's a reflection of the PL rather than us

we need a better coach and better players just to get lost in the noise between 8th - 12th (which currently includes spurs, arsenal and everton) let alone 5th - 7th (which currently includes wolves and utd) and that doesn't factor in Newcastle, money alone isn't going to do it, we need to find world beaters from somewhere, which is made harder because its the same plan as everyone else and as we've seen the risks of taking chances often don't pay off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I still don't see us getting CL in Jacks career, I just don't see it as realistic barring some sort of strange occurrence like Barry being the next Harry Kane and getting 20+ goals a season or Suso hits 2/3 absolute home runs

that's a reflection of the PL rather than us

we need a better coach and better players just to get lost in the noise between 8th - 12th (which currently includes spurs, arsenal and everton) let alone 5th - 7th (which currently includes wolves and utd) and that doesn't factor in Newcastle, money alone isn't going to do it, we need to find world beaters from somewhere, which is made harder because its the same plan as everyone else and as we've seen the risks of taking chances often don't pay off

Wolves and the Blades shows it's possible to compete for top 4 if you have a good enough coach and financial backing.

We aren't going anywhere under Smith i'm afraid. He isn't learning from his mistakes and i feel like we've gone backwards as the season has progressed under him.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Wolves and the Blades shows it's possible to compete for top 4 if you have a good enough coach and financial backing.

We aren't going anywhere under Smith i'm afraid. He isn't learning from his mistakes and i feel like we've gone backwards as the season has progressed under him.

Out of interest, how highly have you rated Wilder throughout his career? And how do you rate the signings Wilder made for this season, how have those signings fared? 

7 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Out of interest, how highly have you rated Wilder throughout his career? And how do you rate the signings Wilder made for this season, how have those signings fared? 

I think you could direct that question towards Ron Saunders too...or even Bill Shankly, who  had 407 games at other clubs before he found success at Liverpool.....Brian Clough was only at Hartlepools, before he struck gold at Derby too.

so even the greats have had a mixed career.....Only SAF seems to defy that, but his early days at Utd were iffy, to say the least.

Chris Wilders relative success has been all about the team.....just as it was with the managers above.....but of course we need to see what happens next season.

Edited by TRO

18 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I love the guy, but there are plenty as good as him.

I agree there are players out there that are as good as him. I think Mahrez is as good as him if not better and he was initially bought for a few hundred thousand from France.  

Kante now one of the best defensive midfielders in the world was 3-4 million. 

Mane in my opinion one of the best wingers in the world wouldn’t have cost a fortune for Southampton. 

There’s gems out there which is why every single club is spending a fortune trying to find them. 

But still let’s face it the chances of finding a player as good as Jack that wants to come to us are slim. But it’s not impossible.

I personally think Benrahma will go on to be better than Jack. But that’s just my own opinion. 

• Like 1

The wank fest over Sheffield United cracks me up. One good season in the top flight (which is pretty incredible to be fair) and now Wilder is the best thing since sliced bread. 

Hull and Ipswich both did similar things once and went down a season later.  

Let’s see how Sheffield United fare next season before we put posters of Wilder on our bedroom walls.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I love the guy, but there are plenty as good as him.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But still let’s face it the chances of finding a player as good as Jack that wants to come to us are slim. But it’s not impossible.

I personally think Benrahma will go on to be better than Jack. But that’s just my own opinion. 

source.gif

• Haha 2

On 26/04/2020 at 14:28, Tomaszk said:

Three years left. We keep him if the offers coming in are only £25m or something. Jack, you're going to have to get us up again I'm afraid.

Our results under Smith in that league averaged out to 83 points, which puts us comfortably in the top three or four.

That's with no pre-season and having to pick up from Bruce with no CBs in the squad for about two months. The likes of Taylor, Hutton, Jedinak, Bolasie, Hourihane, Whelan, Kodjia, Adomah all getting plenty of minutes.

We'll be much better next time round if we were to keep Grealish, and I think we'd easily get the extra 7 points or so to mean we'd be heading straight back up.

Tammy missing the an issue but Samatta looks brilliant to me. That league is not a hard league to score in. Pukki and Wood both hit 30.

He simply won't do another year in the championship, it's not happening.

I respect your reasons Tom but I suspect you were saying Barry would give us another year in May 2009, Milner in July 2010, Young in May 2011 and so on....

Main thing is to stay up, quickly show him a list of reasonably good international players from top 10 countries we'll be buying and then he'll have a serious decision to make.

I take the point of changing coach aswell but think him and Dean Smith have excellent relationship and of course he gave Jack the armband early on which DS didn't have to do so think there's plenty of good trust there and it won't impact on Jack's long term feature at all.

On 28/04/2020 at 11:23, sir_gary_cahill said:

Players that are as good as him (there are few) won’t want to come to us in a relegation scrap

Pretty sure last January Leicester only had about 5 more points than we did after beating Watford. Still picked up Youri Tielemans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He simply won't do another year in the championship, it's not happening.

I respect your reasons Tom but I suspect you were saying Barry would give us another year in May 2009, Milner in July 2010, Young in May 2011 and so on....

Main thing is to stay up, quickly show him a list of reasonably good international players from top 10 countries we'll be buying and then he'll have a serious decision to make.

I take the point of changing coach aswell but think him and Dean Smith have excellent relationship and of course he gave Jack the armband early on which DS didn't have to do so think there's plenty of good trust there and it won't impact on Jack's long term feature at all.

If we don't accept a fee what does he do?

We have a £100m+ asset. We should not be selling him for less than 60-70% of his value if we don't have to.

With three years left, he's going to have to suck it up.

Four years left on McGinn, three years left on Mings, we're in a decent position if we do drop contracts wise.

• Like 1

Kevin Bruyne is actually a good example of a talented player who didn't have the confidence of manager at a cl club (Mourinho at Chelsea) and took a slight step down to go to Wolfsburg. Was fantastic there for a year, helped them make CL in 15/16 and then moved to Man. City where he's gone up a level further under Guardiola.

Point is in summer 2015 Wolfsburg weren't thinking they had next to no chance of signing a Chelsea squad player, they went out and got him and he played massive part in them finshing 2nd, set up loads of goals for Bas Dost that year. Wolfsburg lost their way since that period but they had a fantastic team that season with Luiz Gustavo and Max Arnold also having outstanding seasons, Schurrle was also there.

Thinking of an equivilant now. Golovin is talented player and he did well in world cup although Russian players don't have best track record in england in last 15 years. Still he's a talented player who could replace Grealish or even play with him.

Is it too early to attempt to sign a Monaco first team player seeing as they were unlikely to make europe this season?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we don't accept a fee what does he do?

We have a £100m+ asset. We should not be selling him for less than 60-70% of his value if we don't have to.

With three years left, he's going to have to suck it up.

Four years left on McGinn, three years left on Mings, we're in a decent position if we do drop contracts wise.

Yes I think McGinn will stay whatever division we end up in. Mings is more complicated by England and euros but certainly wouldn't be selling him for less than 30m given we signed him for nearly that amount. Still a decent age, England regular etc.

Ultimately Jack is a unique case though. It will be hard enough keeping him if we stay up.

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The wank fest over Sheffield United cracks me up. One good season in the top flight (which is pretty incredible to be fair) and now Wilder is the best thing since sliced bread. 

Hull and Ipswich both did similar things once and went down a season later.  

Let’s see how Sheffield United fare next season before we put posters of Wilder on our bedroom walls.

Owen Coyle syndrome

• Like 1

Dont think its a case of a wankfest, but Wilder definitey deserves some respect on his name. Did a great job at Northampton under financial difficulty, got promoted. (Think they beat Liverpool at Anfield in the cup that year too)

then Landed his dream job with Sheff Yoo and gained 2 promotions in 3 years. Now pushing for CL in his first year in the top flight. Some going, and is clearly a very good manager with the morals and principles you want from your manager. Remember after we beat them in the last minute with that Snoddy goal, his postmatch interview was class praising us.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty sure last January Leicester only had about 5 more points than we did after beating Watford. Still picked up Youri Tielemans.

I think you make a valid point here, £40m wasn’t it? Class player I think what do you think of him?

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yes I think McGinn will stay whatever division we end up in. Mings is more complicated by England and euros but certainly wouldn't be selling him for less than 30m given we signed him for nearly that amount. Still a decent age, England regular etc.

Ultimately Jack is a unique case though. It will be hard enough keeping him if we stay up.

You think that McGinn will stay even if we get relegated? He proved himself in The Championship last season for me, if we do go down, a Premier League club will be in for him I think 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Â