The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

4 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

He seems like a good soul off the pitch.

That being said, I’ve walked past trees smarter than him.

He's just not very knowledgeable about things, which is understandable given he's been in a football academy his whole childhood and a multimillionaire in his adulthood. I know we tend to equate this and grammar with intelligence, but he doesn't seem genuinely slow like Gabby for example. Also he's a bit of a genius on the pitch which in itself is a form of intelligence and really the only thing that has ever mattered in his life.

Southgate has him as plan B

Won't start and will struggle to get on the pitch if we're winning

Played some decent stuff tonight, some good link up play and looked to attack, the clamour has died down compared to the euros but I still think a good attack minded manager has him starting

That said out of all the attacking options England have grealish is still the worst one if Harry Kane insists on playing DMC and Southgate wants us to play how he does, rashford second goal with the ball over the top or even his missed chance 1st half where he ran past kane when he went deep, even the foden goal, grealish doesn't play like that

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Southgate has him as plan B

Won't start and will struggle to get on the pitch if we're winning

Played some decent stuff tonight, some good link up play and looked to attack, the clamour has died down compared to the euros but I still think a good attack minded manager has him starting

That said out of all the attacking options England have grealish is still the worst one if Harry Kane insists on playing DMC and Southgate wants us to play how he does, rashford second goal with the ball over the top or even his missed chance 1st half where he ran past kane when he went deep, even the foden goal, grealish doesn't play like that

Agree with your last point. You need a balance in the front 3 of players who want to come towards the ball and players who want to run in behind. Too many of the former and it’s all intricacy but no penetration; too many of the latter and there’s no creativity or poise. Kane is the former alongside grealish, Maddison and foden while rashford, and Sterling are the latter (I think Saka and mount are a bit of a fusion). When Kane is playing you basically have to play at least one of either rashford, Saka or Sterling leaving only one slot at most for a foden or a grealish.

The alternative is to drop kane for Wilson who likes to run in behind and stretch the play leaving space for both foden and grealish to support creatively (like they do for City with Haaland playing) 

• Like 2

Â