The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 21/11/2022 at 19:37, Tom13 said:

@zab6359 I'm not sure why you've randomly laugh reacted to a post that you'd already replied to ages ago, but do you genuinely not think Jack is a top player? I don't see how anyone can think otherwise.

A top player produces 8/10 in the majority of games and is a guaranteed starter (also for the majority of games, I know Pep rotates even the best players) he does neither. Phil Foden and KDB are top players.

I think Jack is a very good player and probably looked better than he really is when he carried a very average Aston Villa, there is no way on earth he is a 100 mil player we absolutely had Man City's pants down there no two ways about it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

there is no way on earth he is a 100 mil player we absolutely had Man City's pants down there no two ways about it.

He is because that was his value to Aston villa, which seeing as we've taken steps backward since we sold him, sacked 2 managers and bought £100m worth of players who are struggling to meet their cost to us you can argue that he was actually worth a whole lot more than £100m to us...

Transfer fees are no longer based on a players ability to kick a football

I'm sure man City are doing very well out of the social media traffic on his world cup celebration, its metrics like that none of us will fully understand or appreciate, it's not how many 8/10 Saturday afternoons he has

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He is because that was his value to Aston villa, which seeing as we've taken steps backward since we sold him, sacked 2 managers and bought £100m worth of players who are struggling to meet their cost to us you can argue that he was actually worth a whole lot more than £100m to us...

Transfer fees are no longer based on a players ability to kick a football

I'm sure man City are doing very well out of the social media traffic on his world cup celebration, its metrics like that none of us will fully understand or appreciate, it's not how many 8/10 Saturday afternoons he has

You are right, look we signed Countino and look at what a master stroke that was!  (slightly disagree though as Jack is a bit of a commercial disaster waiting to happen at times) 

Oh absolutely he was worth it for Aston Villa I wish Man City had paid 200 mil I think he was worth it :)

Jack wanted a release clause and we thought £100m was fair and nobody was really going to spend that. 

Jack was 48 hours away from signing for Man United the previous year. 

We got a great return on the cost relative to losing him for cheaper to United. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Jack wanted a release clause and we thought £100m was fair and nobody was really going to spend that. 

I imagine we tried to firstly have no clause, and secondly when Grealish's team wanted a clause, I'm sure we tried to make that clause huge.

100m would have been the compromise

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine we tried to firstly have no clause, and secondly when Grealish's team wanted a clause, I'm sure we tried to make that clause huge.

100m would have been the compromise

Agreed. That was always my reading of it, and Purslow’s statement thereafter. 

I wonder how much United offered, maybe around £60-70m 

• Like 1

Bit weird he seems to have all these massive fans of his who are all young City fans. 

I mean I get the Villa kids who loved him but not sure how legit all these City kids are. 

Always seem to roll out videos with his big fans. I mean every player has fans but Jack always seems to have a video of him with one. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Always seem to roll out videos with his big fans. I mean every player has fans but Jack always seems to have a video of him with one. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Bit weird he seems to have all these massive fans of his who are all young City fans. 

I mean I get the Villa kids who loved him but not sure how legit all these City kids are. 

He's one of the most popular players in the country

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Indeed. He's even secretly loved by some people who claim they don't like him.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even at best the argument is that city bought him to get kids around the country to support them rather than footballing reasons and that's why they paid so much for him

Well other than it was just to stop us competing with them obviously...

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Even at best the argument is that city bought him to get kids around the country to support them rather than footballing reasons and that's why they paid so much for him

Well other than it was just to stop us competing with them obviously...

There might be some truth in the suggestion they bought him to stop another of the big 6 having him. He’s not well suited to City but he’s good enough that they might not want him firing on all cylinders at say Liverpool or Chelsea (I know you were being sarcastic but I doubt they were that worried about mighty Villa).

Edited by Panto_Villan

33 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

He has a mental age of 7 so I think they can relate to him

And when he plays well he is still a brilliant player to watch, very natural dribbling style... still see glimpses of it at City

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He has a mental age of 7 so I think they can relate to him

And when he plays well he is still a brilliant player to watch, very natural dribbling style... still see glimpses of it at City

I think it's more he's in the unique position where his sister has CP so he can relate to them...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's more he's in the unique position where his sister has CP so he can relate to them...

I was talking about kids more generally. Yes you're probably right with the disabled kid, and Jack's proven relationship through the years with kids in similar situation to his sister.

Edited by KentVillan

Â