The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I still love him but no way does he come back here

It'd be like taking back your cheating ex and expecting them not to mug you off and do whatever they want, he'd run riot off the pitch and it'd be a mess

Wouldn't be good for him or us

Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Villa when he has 1 year left on his City deal. I think he'll be at an age where he can still contribute for us for 2 or 3 more years.

58 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's just not a dig at all.  I find Grealish refreshingly honest in the footballing World, even if he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

He's the sharpest tool in the bread.

• Haha 2

I loved my ex and was distraught when we finished. Love of my life. But would i have her back now 4 years after we finished. Not a chance. 

Jack was equal parts talent ,  charisma and the romance of a villa mad fan captaining his team.

Thats all gone now and i hope he never comes back as a player . But would be brilliant to see him in the Holte as a fan 

On 30/11/2022 at 14:54, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That will never EVER cross his mind, he will believe he was integral to everything they did.

Honestly.

Course he doesn't believe that. He's quite critical of himself. But he started quite a few games, so whether he scored and assisted loads or not, he certainly made a contribution.

On 01/12/2022 at 11:43, The_Steve said:

I think it’s sad that sections of our fan base relegate the contributions of players like Trez that kept us in the league. Yes, we were too reliant on Jack for too long, but also we were a team. There’s been a lot of revisionism until Deano got the best out of him. It took many years to see the best of Jack. 

That's because Trez's performances for us were generally horrendous. He limited us a lot more than what he gave us.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2022 at 11:33, Pinebro said:

Not saying he isn't a good player but you have to factor in the poor quality he was surrounded by.

Any good player would stand out.

Good player but never the world class sensation we made him out to be.

He was world class.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Jack was class and gave us some great memories but you must have seen Benteke look a world beater for us in a far worse team and give us as many great memories?

Benteke was superb and that's surely not up for debate? The achilles injury ruined him.

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Benteke was superb and that's surely not up for debate? The achilles injury ruined him.

I think the move to Liverpool who then tried to change his game ruined him more. He came back after his achilles injury and was still spectacular for us in his 3rd season (FA Cup final.)*

Of course no-one can ever say for sure that it didn't ultimately contribute to his decline in form.

*The move to Liverplop was leaked the week of the Sem-final probably by the bin - dippers to unsettle him for the game against them

15 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I loved my ex and was distraught when we finished. Love of my life. But would i have her back now 4 years after we finished. Not a chance. 

Jack was equal parts talent ,  charisma and the romance of a villa mad fan captaining his team.

Thats all gone now and i hope he never comes back as a player . But would be brilliant to see him in the Holte as a fan 

You're ex isn't as good a footballer ad Jack and people really need to stop being so emotionally invested in players and loyalty.

Anyone who wouldn't have a 28 -32 year old Grealish back is insane.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You're ex isn't as good a footballer ad Jack and people really need to stop being so emotionally invested in players and loyalty.

Anyone who wouldn't have a 28 -32 year old Grealish back is insane.

He’d be our best player again. Straight away. 

Yes, he likes to have fun away from the pitch but you can’t question his athleticism and his physique, he’s a specimen. 

I’d love him back here. I really, really would. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

So a football agent on a podcast with Romano has said that talk within the industry is that if City go for Bellingham, they'd sell Grealish for FFP reasons. And that villa would try and sign him back. 

Tbh I'm not sure he is an "emery type player".

I'm jot saying Jack isn't brilliant, but I do doubt that he is an emery type player.

Â