The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Don't think it's a dig, he's just stating his truth. Pretty innocent comment if it's true. 

Well... He was club captain, perhaps he should've been leading it if that's how he wanted a dressing room to be.

Pretty sure some of the South American lads at villa regularly do keep ups and tennis in the dressing room from vids I've seen anyway.

I feel like you can talk about this stuff without bringing in your last team in any instance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dale said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/01/jack-grealish-what-a-guy-i-will-show-almiron-the-most-respect-next-time

Feel like there's an unnecessary dig at his villa teammates at the end of this article. 

All he’s done since he’s left is make backhanded compliments or subtle digs. The dressing room comment is totally unnecessary. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dale said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/01/jack-grealish-what-a-guy-i-will-show-almiron-the-most-respect-next-time

Feel like there's an unnecessary dig at his villa teammates at the end of this article. 

thanks for that. i can go back to not liking him again. definitely a sly dig and not the first time he's bleated on about how wonderful it is at city compared to villa

• Like 1

Its only a dig to get offended by if he's making it up to try a tickle peps bollocks

Unfortunately with what we've all seen at villa for many years does anyone believe it to be made up?

Look at the playing playstation stuff and various other snippets out of other players, it is a Villa problem

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its only a dig to get offended by if he's making it up to try a tickle peps bollocks

Unfortunately with what we've all seen at villa for many years does anyone believe it to be made up?

Look at the playing playstation stuff and various other snippets out of other players, it is a Villa problem

A problem he contributed to, there’s a reason why he idolises toxic influences like Gabby. 

I’m sure City lads play on their phones too. Again, he doesn’t need to mention to us at all. I’d have no problem with the quote if he just focused on City. He needs to stop talking about us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I saw a link that apparently if city gwt bellingham thats curtains for jack at city and that we would be interested in having him back

I hope not moved on from him now. He 27 now dont want him back

i don't think he'll ever be back

even if we could get him at 50% what we sold him for (unlikely), i don't see emery sanctioning spending 50m on him when he could get someone as good for less money

plus i don't see him having a long career at the top level based on his injuries and lifestyle

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I saw a link that apparently if city gwt bellingham thats curtains for jack at city and that we would be interested in having him back

I hope not moved on from him now. He 27 now dont want him back

Why?

Different positions, they've also been linked previously with selling Rodri, gundogan and silva*

* the sly dig / comment I noticed in the grealish interview was silva not getting goals and assists either

• Like 2

Wouldn't want him back.

He was very good for us and I was heartbroken when he left, for a host of reasons, but it's done. 

Time we started looking forward as a club, we spend far too long looking back. I get the reasons why, but we dwell there a lot.

I'm excited to see who Unai brings in for us, and I don't think Grealish will be anywhere near that cohort.

Edited by est1874
Typo

4 hours ago, Dale said:

Well... He was club captain, perhaps he should've been leading it if that's how he wanted a dressing room to be.

Pretty sure some of the South American lads at villa regularly do keep ups and tennis in the dressing room from vids I've seen anyway.

I feel like you can talk about this stuff without bringing in your last team in any instance. 

He's drawing a comparison from something Luke Shaw said against his own experience in the only two (OK, sure, Notts County as well) dressing rooms he's been in.  At Villa, he didn't know any better.  If people were on their phones and that was the done thing (which, tbh, club culture comes from higher up than the players) then why would he think anything of it?

He's now gone to Man City and seen that there are differences.  He's then talking about them.

It's just not a dig at all.  I find Grealish refreshingly honest in the footballing World, even if he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Wouldn't want him back.

He was very good for us and I was heartbroken when he left, for a host of reasons, but it's done. 

Time we started looking forward as a club, we spend far too long looking back. I get the reasons why, but we dwell there a lot.

I'm excited to see who Unai brings in for us, and I don't think Grealish will be anywhere near that cohort.

Exactly if we re sign grealish now we might as well change the way the lions facing on our mew badge as we are going back to the past. He made his decision i prefer making a great team as opposed to having one superstar player. Look how much of a mess we were when he left. Now at least we have some top quality players in. Like bailet carlos kamara and im sure emery is going to add a hell of a lot

Â