The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

You won't, but it might catch up with him sooner rather than later. This is floating around on Twitter - 

Looking more and more like the right decision to flog him for £100m…

Sadly unlikely to be just alcohol for our Jack, gurning away on that lollipop.

I’m slowly moving from hoping he’d fail miserably to hoping he’s okay. Doesn’t look like he’s got the right people around him at the moment. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Looking more and more like the right decision to flog him for £100m…

Sadly unlikely to be just alcohol for our Jack, gurning away on that lollipop.

I’m slowly moving from hoping he’d fail miserably to hoping he’s okay. Doesn’t look like he’s got the right people around him at the moment. 

I'm sure his dad will look after him properly......

34 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

You won't, but it might catch up with him sooner rather than later. This is floating around on Twitter - 

He's 26. He needs to grow the F up. That's embarassing - too drunk to get into a pub or club and filmed so publicly he cannot really walk unaided.

• Like 1

Not gonna judge him for liking a night out, but surely getting that smashed affects your fitness? I thought he learned to separate work and play when we were in the Championship, only getting publicly shitfaced after the season was done, ie: playoff final etc. 

I've said it before, I saw an interview with Denise Lewis a while ago talking about her career and she said the best thing about retiring was that she could now drink. And I believe that is the case with most elite athletes, they just don't drink as it does affect performance. 

Though I'm sure Ussain Bolt was drinking towards the end, then again his impaired performance was still streets ahead of anyone else. 

He’s currently trending for:

1. A video showing him to be a substance abuser at a very high ilk

2. A video showing him to be an incredibly good hearted man 

You can be both of these things, but you can ‘t do both of these things and be an elite professional athlete. Somebody just kidnap him and lock him in BMH please 

Is 26 still “a young lad making mistakes”? When I was 26 I was a full time professional and had been for about 2 years not pulling this shit anymore. I definitely did in my younger but I started having more responsibility.

I guess footballers never really have responsibilities and have to provide for other people. Their own people will sort all that out for them. 

I hope for Grealish’s sake Man City are looking to stop this kind of behaviour. If he’s battling personal daemons I hope they get him back on track. If he’s just a massive bellend I hope that sort that out also. It’s a tragedy that we are just watching him throw it all away. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

This is pretty tough to watch. I have no idea if he has a problem as I’m not privy to his life, for all I know he drinks a few times per year and it just always happens to get caught on camera. But it’s getting to the point where I’m not remotely surprised that these sorts of videos keep coming out. Ffs, at the very least you have plenty of money - host people at your house instead of falling over outside a night club.

I’m just hoping someone is looking out for his well-being, because if nobody is and this actually is a problem, the likely way it would end is in legal troubles or rehab (or both).

It also makes me curious about English youth football culture (I have zero idea what it’s like). But it would be a massive shame if this is all happening because he watched the likes of Gabby and co. as a youngster at the club. Surely we have a professional team in our academy to keep the youth in line if they would ever start getting starry eyed at some less than ideal role models on the senior squad.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Tbh if he’s not doing it for us or with us then I dont care if he wants to do things to the detriment of his career. In fact I want him involved in as much scandal as possible because I dont want fans of another club enjoying him for what we know he can bring to a team. Might sound petty but its just how I feel. 

He’s ruined watching England for me because it just makes me sick that during the summer when I was backing him and bigging him up, watching the whole country get behind him, knowing now that whole time he’d sealed a move away. Made me feel stupid for being proud of him telling all my pals how Villa were moving to new heights with him leading the charge and how he wouldnt leave. Now the added salt in the wound is us having to watch him be very average but start every game for England in comparison to him being in the form of his life last season and not even make it off the bench. Its an insult.

He celebrates goals against Villa in the away dugout, he has spoken down about Villa, looked for a way out for over 2 years, relinquished being captain of the club he loves, acted like an idiot off the field whilst being captain of his club. He was around to see the Delph saga, then put his own people through those same emotions. Thankfully its worked out well for us because of the fee but I still cant forgive him. He knew the intentions of the club and the owners; and had the chance to lead us into great times where it would have meant so much more. He should have backed himself and the club to get into the CL in the coming years but he chose to abandon it all.

Keep posting with your blue hearts and keep your tongue firmly up some ginger Belgian’s kiester. 

\sorry for the rant

Ah yeah but if he stayed at Villa he wouldn’t have had the chance to party with Kyle Walker and Phil Foden. 

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Not gonna judge him for liking a night out, but surely getting that smashed affects your fitness? I thought he learned to separate work and play when we were in the Championship, only getting publicly shitfaced after the season was done, ie: playoff final etc. 

The drink driving during lockdown should have put paid to the idea that this moron has any kind of restraint

• Like 2

The guys an idiot. Always has been always will be. We just don’t have to be ignorant to or defend  his antics anymore.  Let’s face it, if he wasn’t Villa captain we would have slaughtered him for his behaviour during covid.  We also would have never wanted such a character signed at Villa.

He got a free pass at the club.  

I was glad we got 100m for him in the summer so we could rebuild. Now I’m glad we also got that money for him because he’s an idiot.

Wonder what Pep thinks about all this.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Makes zero sense to me. Out on the lash in full view of everyone. Maybe he genuinely is struggling  mentally . We all know that he is no angel and has been seen many times looking worse for wear. That break in Dubai might have set off his drinking again. 

Yes he is a bit of a clearing in the woods , but i don't think that he would knowingly go on a path to ruining his career

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Is 26 still “a young lad making mistakes”? When I was 26 I was a full time professional and had been for about 2 years not pulling this shit anymore. I definitely did in my younger but I started having more responsibility.

I guess footballers never really have responsibilities and have to provide for other people. Their own people will sort all that out for them. 

I hope for Grealish’s sake Man City are looking to stop this kind of behaviour. If he’s battling personal daemons I hope they get him back on track. If he’s just a massive bellend I hope that sort that out also. It’s a tragedy that we are just watching him throw it all away. 

Whatever the reasons he needs help. You cannot keep doing this over and over and not have it catch up with your body and mind. 

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Makes zero sense to me. Out on the lash in full view of everyone. Maybe he genuinely is struggling  mentally . We all know that he is no angel and has been seen many times looking worse for wear. That break in Dubai might have set off his drinking again. 

Yes he is a bit of a clearing in the woods , but i don't think that he would knowingly go on a path to ruining his career

When we got rid of the deep rooted problems within our club, Jack became so much better on the pitch. Now he’s at City he has Gabby Mk II aka Kyle Walker (who is also in that new video going around) who has seemingly got him back to the antics. Of course he should be his own man and not follow the ****, but I think it’s pretty obvious he’s ended up back with a few bad eggs again. 

Just now, samjp26 said:

When we got rid of the deep rooted problems within our club, Jack became so much better on the pitch. Now he’s at City he has Gabby Mk II aka Kyle Walker (who is also in that new video going around) who has seemingly got him back to the antics. Of course he should be his own man and not follow the ****, but I think it’s pretty obvious he’s ended up back with a few bad eggs again. 

Tbf, he was also hanging around with McCormack long after his exile from here. 

Surely, Pep will drop him for the Brentford game tonight. 

Case for the defence your honour:

Maybe really he rarely drinks and therefore when he does have just a couple his tolerance is so low that it effects him more than most people and he ends up drunk.

Couple this with him being massively recognisable, being in a public place and everyone in the UK with a phone being effectively paparazzi.

Yeah I don't buy it either but am a sucker for playing devil's advocate 

• Haha 1

Ultimately, what he does with his life is his business as long as he's not hurting anybody. He's likely throwing away a long career at the top but if that's not what he truly wants, that's up to him.

Â