The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

hmmmm...

The positives are that no release clause is mentioned. 
The negatives are that if we have been negotiating with Man City and we have told them we wanted £100m and they have now offered it. You would have to assume Jack has indicated he wants to leave. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

hmmmm...

The negatives are that if we have been negotiating with Man City and we have told them we wanted £100m and they have now offered it. You would have to assume Jack has indicated he wants to leave. 

No indication we’d accept or want £100m. It’s their opening bid, no suggestive of what we have said - if anything 

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If they are bidding I'd have thought Grealish is interested in going.

A shame if that's true.

He's always going to consider it - it's an amazing opportunity.  Still not convinced he will go - a lot will depend on the advice he's being given/seeking. Hopefully not just from his agent!

• Like 1

Its is a lot of money but I doubt we could get anyone as good as Grealish to come to Villa even with a huge transfer budget.

Plus every club will add £10-20 million on their asking fee.

We have to reject it. If Grealish through his agent  then says no I want to leave then we have had it.

I never thought City would go as high as £100m! That’s an interesting turn in events. I assume that we will tell them to do one but how far will they be prepared to go? Not even £150m is enough at this stage in our progression. He needs to stay for at least one more season.

Just now, Steero113 said:

If the club rejects this and any follow up bids and Jack stays it is a statement bigger than any transfer you can make. 

100%

My suspicion is we reject and Jack won’t kick up a fuss and will continue to stay. 

Just now, rubberman said:

That is a LOT of money.  Squeaky bum time...

We don’t need it, we couldn’t replace Jack and what he gives to the team right now… we don’t have to accept or be dictated to by other clubs.

Lets see what NSWE’s stance is…

Jack is on a long contract and being offered a better one, he can’t force a move should he wish to. Hopefully, he’s more than happy to stay and lead us forwards…

If he really does love the club so much, I would think he couldn’t bear the thought of playing against us in another team’s colours…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

hmmmm...

Negotiations i think started recently

Â