The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think that is correct--not because the club believe he is leaving but they simply do not know at this stage.

Surely the club will know if they've agreed to sell him, which is the only way he leaves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Surely the club will know if they've agreed to sell him, which is the only way he leaves.

Well at this stage they may not have received an acceptable bid, doesn’t mean they won’t in the near future.

Which ever way this goes Aston Villa move forward, for me if jack leaves we will see more incomings than if he stays.

NSWE have invested big but to think if grealish goes and we will stand still it's not going to happen.

You know when they say clubs will rip us off when we try to buy players in a hypothetical post Grealish situation because they'll know we'll be loaded?  Well this is how we should treat every single approach Man City make for one of our players. 

We know they are beyond ridiculously loaded and they can fabricate revenue on FFP side, so lets give them a put up or shut up ultimatum.  One that benefits us as much as getting Grealish benefits them.

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

Which ever way this goes Aston Villa move forward, for me if jack leaves we will see more incomings than if he stays.

NSWE have invested big but to think if grealish goes and we will stand still it's not going to happen.

I trust NSWE so much that I know they will be prepared for all possibilities. Plans will be in place either way. No way will they just panic and wing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

You know when they say clubs will rip us off when we try to buy players in a hypothetical post Grealish situation because they'll know we'll be loaded?  Well this is how we should treat every single approach Man City make for one of our players. 

We know they are beyond ridiculously loaded and they can fabricate revenue on FFP side, so lets give them a put up or shut up ultimatum.  One that benefits us as much as getting Grealish benefits them.

I have full confidence that the player will not be sold by these owners unless they are happy with what they are getting for him.  I'm also happy that these owners won't be in any way starstruck or intimidated by negotiating with City. Villa's footballing credentials may not match up to City's, but Edens and Sawiris as owners are every bit the equal and in many ways the superior of that lot up the road.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Preece knows the square root of feckall, unfortunately. He's been saying City's interest is hot air all summer, which is demonstrably nonsense. People believe in him because he says what they want to hear. I'm not saying Jack will definitely go btw, just that Preece clearly doesn't know anything

I'd say he is more privy to Villa matters than Sam **** Lee.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I trust NSWE so much that I know they will be prepared for all possibilities. Plans will be in place either way. No way will they just panic and wing it.

My main concern is this situation holding up our preparation for new season.

Didn't villa want business done early, we just cannot have this delay every summer regarding signings, it's beyond funny.

23 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Preece knows the square root of feckall, unfortunately. He's been saying City's interest is hot air all summer, which is demonstrably nonsense. People believe in him because he says what they want to hear. I'm not saying Jack will definitely go btw, just that Preece clearly doesn't know anything

Don't disagree about Preece not knowing a thing, but have Man City actually done anything that can be tangibly verified? 

If they've agreed everything with Jack and his agent, what's stopping them making a bid? 

To all the people saying that with the Grealish money you can buy 3 or 4 decent players to replace him stats wise.

Are we also going to be fielding 14 outfield players to help mitigate the loss lol....

I think he will stay and this is all clickbait, personally.

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Just Mings, McGinn, Watkins in the kit launch pics?

Konsa, Hourihane and McGinn were in the launch promo and photos for the away kit last season. The absence of Jack is not noteworthy. 

2 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

To all the people saying that with the Grealish money you can buy 3 or 4 decent players to replace him stats wise.

Are we also going to be fielding 14 outfield players to help mitigate the loss lol....

I think he will stay and this is all clickbait, personally.

Nobody knows anything. No leaks for the away shirt either. We run a tight ship unlike in previous years. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Actually, I can't even find a picture of Mings anywhere. Seems they've just used Watkins and McGinn on the officially site.

Ive seen mings pictures in the new away kit  

32 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Who's the most talked about person at Man City? I'd guess it's Guardiola with a smattering of De Bruyne's, Stirling's, Foden's etc thrown in for variation. Media comment is mostly about the manager and the team, rather than one stand out individual however good he happens to be.

Who's the most talked about player in the Premier League? There's no argument that it's definitely our Jack! The reason why he stands head and shoulders above every other player is because he's been allowed to play in a free role with Villa which showcases his world class talents.

JG's not daft. He know's that if he goes to Man City he will quickly become another talented cog in the well oiled 'Guardiola' machine, subject to strict routines and rotation. I'm sure he'd add to their success, but he would possibly lose his ever present "star" status.

Good point regards Pep's rigid systems. I saw Thierry Henry on Monday Night Football talk about how at Barca players had specific roles. That in a game his role was to stay in the left side of the pitch. He drifted over to the middle right, scored a goal. Pep took him off and was furious that he didn't stay in the area of the pitch Pep wanted him to. No free role for Jack if he plays under Pep, that's for sure.

Â