The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, weedman said:

Didn't they take action when it happened in March or whenever it was? I'm sure he got internally reprimanded at the time but could be wrong 

They may of kept it in house, but seemed like a slap on the wrist at the time, not proportionate to the seriousness of incident.

8 minutes ago, weedman said:

Didn't they take action when it happened in March or whenever it was? I'm sure he got internally reprimanded at the time but could be wrong 

He was fined at the time, not sure the club are allowed punish him twice for the same incident 

Not sure if the club are allowed to actually punish him if he is not on Villa duty

Edited by Zatman

Just now, Zatman said:

He was fined at the time, not sure the club are allowed punish him twice for the same incident 

also something that happens outside of work, the club doesn't have much jurisdiction on it.  

Can you imagine if you were caught speeding going to your mates on Saturday and then your work (assuming its not driving work) put you on disciplinary when you went back to work on Monday.  Its similar for Jack, he's just an employee of the company, albeit a high profile one. 

28 minutes ago, ender4 said:

also something that happens outside of work, the club doesn't have much jurisdiction on it.  

Can you imagine if you were caught speeding going to your mates on Saturday and then your work (assuming its not driving work) put you on disciplinary when you went back to work on Monday.  Its similar for Jack, he's just an employee of the company, albeit a high profile one. 

He got fined for the bodymore heath on I think. 

50 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

My concern is and always has been, the message it sends to young players and supporters of the club when the captain of that club acts in this way? I expect more from a.captain of Aston Villa and disappointing the club so far don’t seem to be taking any action.

I'm way more concerned with the impact it has on all players at the club rather than young supporters, which people seem really concerned about. 

What's a 10 year old going to do after hearing about this. Get on their bike and speed down to the park? I grew up with Savo, Collymore and Yorke, and heard all their misdemeanors and didnt understand or care.

The players bit is important as he absolutely is the team and the club right now. The frequency of the words 'Jack Grealish' and 'Aston Villa' in media headlines must be broadly on par this season. Who would be second player wise, Mings possibly?

Watching that El Ghazi penalty was amazing, he scored and then turned to look to Grealish. Grealish then shows them where to celebrate and to what extent. I dont remember so dominant a character at this club. Being a character is fine but the leadership element is important.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Watching that El Ghazi penalty was amazing, he scored and then turned to look to Grealish. Grealish then shows them where to celebrate and to what extent

You’re overthinking this particular part IMO. He just did a simple celebration and then Grealish got them to run to the corner flag to waste time because we were 1-0 up in injury time with ten men.

• Like 1

Club has dealt with it (fine and public statement), courts have dealt with it. Media have savaged him, police have released the footage to embarrass him further. I’m not saying any of the above is undeserved but I think it’s time we move on and continue our support of him. I hope he remains as Captain and his teammates rally round him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

You’re overthinking this particular part IMO. He just did a simple celebration and then Grealish got them to run to the corner flag to waste time because we were 1-0 up in injury time with ten men.

This. That's exactly how I saw it. El Ghazi wasn't doing much of a celebration and Jack just told them to go for it to waste time

22 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Ye possibly, it was an angle of a replay that I saw which showed el Ghazi look past the first player to celebrate with him for Grealish. Grealish then arrives and drags him off to celebrate and waste time. I just don't remember ever really seeing that from a goalscorer. 

It's good that he is such a clear leader but then theres the concern of these examples of indiscipline from him feeding through to the team.

4 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I love Jack as a footballer but if anyone can defend him for driving like an idiot then they need to have a look at themselves

Set an example Smith, take the captaincy off him, for his own good. Get his feet on the ground a little. 

I agree re captaincy. However, we all know nothing will happen as there will be concerns that Jack will look to move on sooner than expected if he is punished in this way. 

Love him as a footballer and he seems a decent lad but this was a disgraceful incident - could easily have killed someone driving in that state. Totally irresponsible and behaviour that cannot be tolerated of the captain of our Club. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Ye possibly, it was an angle of a replay that I saw which showed el Ghazi look past the first player to celebrate with him for Grealish. Grealish then arrives and drags him off to celebrate and waste time. I just don't remember ever really seeing that from a goalscorer. 

Oh that first part I think is because Grealish was down to take the pen but then gave it to Anwar. At least that’s what AEG said post match. 

Don’t disagree with your general point that he’s absolutely the dominant influence at the club mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Club has dealt with it (fine and public statement), courts have dealt with it. Media have savaged him, police have released the footage to embarrass him further. I’m not saying any of the above is undeserved but I think it’s time we move on and continue our support of him. I hope he remains as Captain and his teammates rally round him. 

The problem with Jack is that you never know if he's just going to turn right around and do the exact same thing again. Case in point we already have people here wondering how long before he gets caught driving _______ without a licence. Fill in the blank if you like.

I don't necessarily need my captains to be squeaky clean. Southgate was a model professional at Villa, until he turned around and handed in a transfer request while on England duty - and he's shown himself to be little more than an absolute twunt since then.

Similarly Gareth Barry was a boy scout but then went and carjacked a taxi, ostensibly while drunk also.

My concern is that most people learn from this sort of stuff and never do it again - whereas with Jack, he doesn't seem smart enough to learn, and I can't trust him not to get into trouble which reflects poorly on the club again.

I'm not sure I'd let him keep the armband, tbh. He's a phenomenal player and our brightest talent since the early '80s IMO; but nevertheless, he's not bigger than the club, and I feel like more than a few people (potentially Jack included) have lately been entertaining the notion that he just might be.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The problem with Jack is that you never know if he's just going to turn right around and do the exact same thing again. Case in point we already have people here wondering how long before he gets caught driving _______ without a licence. Fill in the blank if you like.

I don't necessarily need my captains to be squeaky clean. Southgate was a model professional at Villa, until he turned around and handed in a transfer request while on England duty - and he's shown himself to be little more than an absolute twunt since then.

Similarly Gareth Barry was a boy scout but then went and carjacked a taxi, ostensibly while drunk also.

My concern is that most people learn from this sort of stuff and never do it again - whereas with Jack, he doesn't seem smart enough to learn, and I can't trust him not to get into trouble which reflects poorly on the club again.

I'm not sure I'd let him keep the armband, tbh. He's a phenomenal player and our brightest talent since the early '80s IMO; but nevertheless, he's not bigger than the club, and I feel like more than a few people (potentially Jack included) have lately been entertaining the notion that he just might be.

Agree with majority of this except I dont think Jack thinks he's bigger than the club. He just doesn't think full stop. Too immature to learn from past drunken mistakes in his youth.

14 hours ago, snowychap said:

What, Lewis 'I just went to Switzerland to avoid the people bumping in to me' Hamilton? :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

He can live wherever he wants - it's the morons who think he should pay tax in the UK despite not living there that are messed up here. 

• Like 1

Â