The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He is a Knob Head....for not having a Driver, when he has a drink....but £82,000 fine , is taking the piss.

did the judge phone stockley Park, before giving his judgment?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

bet he hardly had a clue about what was going on.

I'm sure he didn't. I wasn't trying to make a point about Hamilton. Just as an illustration of how difficult the tax avoidance things have to be.

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I'm sure he didn't. I wasn't trying to make a point about Hamilton. Just as an illustration of how difficult the tax avoidance things have to be.

Understood  👍 - sorry, I just get annoyed when I see Hamilton getting singled out for stuff like this  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is a Knob Head....for not having a Driver, when he has a drink....but £82,000 fine , is taking the piss.

did the judge phone stockley Park, before giving his judgment?

the more serious driving fines nowadays are based as a % of your salary/income.

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Remember saying similar at the time. 

No chance he is sober at the point he gets in that car. The guy was a **** idiot for doing it and deserves punishment. Defending it is ridiculous, like those trying to defend JT for the incident with Anton Ferdinand. Sometimes you have to take the claret and blue specs off.

I'd say he's fortunate he hit those cars, forcing him to stop. Could have been a lot worse if he'd made it onto a main road. 

These are the two times he got caught as well, you would have to assume it's likely he drives like an idiot on a more regular basis, either that or he is very unlucky.  When you're given money to burn from a young age and idolised by thousands of people it must be easy to lose perspective or feel you're untouchable.  Hopefully this is a reality check.

41 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Remember saying similar at the time. 

No chance he is sober at the point he gets in that car. The guy was a **** idiot for doing it and deserves punishment. Defending it is ridiculous, like those trying to defend JT for the incident with Anton Ferdinand. Sometimes you have to take the claret and blue specs off.

I'd say he's fortunate he hit those cars, forcing him to stop. Could have been a lot worse if he'd made it onto a main road. 

its not like at all......you are feeding you own narrative, once again.

• I think Jack is an idiot.....but, his case is current and he could have physically hurt someone
  • Johns case was 9 years ago. I was opposed to it being dug up after all this time.....not defending him in the judgment, that has been given, because i have insufficient info to do so........get your facts right......but this is not physically damaging, so its not like at all.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Reversed into a car twice. Drives erratically then in his attempt to pull over jumps a curb. One is bad. Three is clear as day he was pissed as a fart 

OK thought I must be missing something. But if he was smashed wouldn't it be a bigger story? Genuinely asking that video is the first I've seen of it. 

Finally looked at the video of it, that is shocking Jack.  You should be embarrassed, thankfully nobody was hurt.  Love you as a footballer but you need to sort your head out around your driving.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

OK thought I must be missing something. But if he was smashed wouldn't it be a bigger story? Genuinely asking that video is the first I've seen of it. 

he fled the scene so never got breathalyzed until either later that day or might have even been the next day. so there was technically no proof

• Like 1

I just saw the video of him crashing his Range Rover into parked cars. He must have been hammered to be that reckless. Shocking stuff really. With all the money and flash cars these guys drive, why they risk their careers by drink driving is incredible to me. I pretty much would pay a driver all the time unless I was just blasting around for fun if I had that money.

On the pitch he makes all the right decisions and for the most part, makes the right ones with his interviews and general behaviour. Except when he's had a drink where he seems a be a complete liability. If this doesnt make him wise up then nothing will.

However £80k is ludicrous. How its legal to fine rich people more is a disgrace. That's why we have bans. No matter how rich you are, you drive when banned then you could go to jail, same for everyone. Ant McPartlin got that monster fine too, just because he's rich.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he fled the scene so never got breathalyzed until either later that day or might have even been the next day. so there was technically no proof

Indeed, though a witness claims he stank of booze, but that's not considered proof. Certainly enough for the court of popular opinion combined with the footage though.

Not enough for the courts, but it's blatantly obvious he was pissed. 

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

However £80k is ludicrous. How its legal to fine rich people more is a disgrace. That's why we have bans. No matter how rich you are, you drive when banned then you could go to jail, same for everyone. Ant McPartlin got that monster fine too, just because he's rich.

They changed the law about 3 years ago, the fine is based on your earnings, same for everyone, if anything it stops rich people or even well off people from not caring 

Its a calculation based on offence and weekly wage, capped at 175% so the more you earn the bigger the fine 

• Like 4

It is well under a week's wages for Grealish.

Obviously 80k for a normal person is outrageous, it'd bankrupt most people. This is the equivalent of the average earner paying about £400.

The crux of the matter is he was only prosecuted for careless driving. He fled the scene, and so couldn't be prosecuted for driving under the influence, even though he clearly was.

I used to cycle home a lot when pissed as **** and never had any issues really, in terms of being all over the road or falling off. My point is for him to drive that erratically means he must have been utterly wrecked. Would it surprise me if he was on gear as well? Not at all but at the very least, when coked up, you wouldnt be making those mistakes after a skinfull so I believe he was "only" drunk.

As for leaving the scene, obviously from a moral standpoint its the wrong thing to do but as no-one was injured and the ban and fine would have been 10 times worse had he stayed, it was the right thing to do to get his ass out of there. A broken clock is right twice a day.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

its not like at all......you are feeding you own narrative, once again.

• I think Jack is an idiot.....but, his case is current and he could have physically hurt someone
  • Johns case was 9 years ago. I was opposed to it being dug up after all this time.....not defending him in the judgment, that has been given, because i have insufficient info to do so........get your facts right......but this is not physically damaging, so its not like at all.

Haha

You know its not always about you.

• Like 2

Â