The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think the most worrying think about this affair is that Grealish is still mates with Ross McCormack. He stunk the place out while he was at Villa, and now he is coming back from the grave to give us even more grief. I thought you couldn't get past his gates?

Yep. Horrific influence on Jack. Although if Jack wants to see how a wasted talent and wasted career can end up looking he needn't look much further. 

Needs to cut ties with him. 

Sorry but are people trying to suggest that 80 grand is too big a fine?

I'd have fined him five times that and banned him for two years. You might say that's why I'm not a judge but he's a very **** lucky boy IMO that he's walked away from driving under the influence without any of the following:

a) a serious injury

b) a manslaughter charge

c) a jail term for being breathalysed at the scene

As Davkaus and possibly others have suggested, it's a small miracle that he reversed the car back and did enough further damage to warrant getting out on foot. If he'd driven any further, see a-c above.

• Like 2

FFS jack! I defended him initially without seeing the evidence but he's fessed up and there's evidence. 

Deserves a 3 match ban just for being around McCormack. Plus it says McCormack lives in a flat in the articles.?!?!? How didn't his gates open??.

He's at the stage where he needs to follow the example of Messi and Ronaldo if he wants to be a genuine great in football otherwise by 28/29 he's going to be washed up and another what if story. 

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Deserves a 3 match ban just for being around McCormack. Plus it says McCormack lives in a flat in the articles.?!?!? How didn't his gates open??.

There's secure underground parking for all the flats round there. The electric gates are very temperamental in his defence but they don't prevent you from getting a lift to training

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Thanks 1

I love Jack as a footballer but if anyone can defend him for driving like an idiot then they need to have a look at themselves

Set an example Smith, take the captaincy off him, for his own good. Get his feet on the ground a little. 

• Like 2

I dont think anybody can defend his driving though people speculating about white powder is a load if bullshit if no evidence. 

He got lucky in that was nobody about or hurt and the only positive can be that he takes this 2nd chance and this is a wake up call for him. This could effect a move to a more marketable club

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I agree, sadly. I'm not sure he was a great captain anyway, really, he was given it to keep him happy as our best player, he doesn't really lead on the pitch. This needs to result in change, not sure who it'd be though.

Mings is probably the obvious candidate. Maybe Martinez, but the keeper being captain is always a bit odd.

Personally i think konsa has captain material.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lexicon said:

Understood  👍 - sorry, I just get annoyed when I see Hamilton getting singled out for stuff like this  

I'm no Hamilton fan but I agree, it was the same when Messi and Ronaldo were being done for tax evasion in Spain and everyone lost their shit, none of these guys have the first clue what happens with their money. All they know is if they want something they tell their agent and the next day its theirs, with probably a nominal 10k in an account for them for day to day purchases like cocaine and hookers 

On Jack, he's a moron, keep him away from cars, deserved a longer ban, but all this is basically faux outrage as I'll love him like a son again if he bangs in a hat trick on Thursday, which I guess is the problem really but what can you do? 

• Like 1

My concern is and always has been, the message it sends to young players and supporters of the club when the captain of that club acts in this way? I expect more from a.captain of Aston Villa and disappointing the club so far don’t seem to be taking any action.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

My concern is and always has been, the message it sends to young players and supporters of the club when the captain of that club acts in this way? I expect more from a.captain of Aston Villa and disappointing the club so far don’t seem to be taking any action.

Didn't they take action when it happened in March or whenever it was? I'm sure he got internally reprimanded at the time but could be wrong 

Â