The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Looks like Spurs want him. Leicester have no chance now, and it would be a great move for him. We may see his full potential at Spurs. Exciting times for jack. 

I hope he gets a regular place in the team and is not just a squad player . 

£15m bid incoming from spurs if you beleive what you read. 

If the finances are sorted we reject that - if we need it to pay next months wages we bite there hand off - a telling moment 

£15m sounds about what Levy would test the water with. Remember the bid they made to sign Benteke all those years ago. We told him we would not shift on our asking price then I guess he thinks we won't be able to turn down a low bid this time. I hope he is proven wrong.. If we have to sell let's not sell for peanuts because Levy wouldn't.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

If we accept £15 million then I’m done with this club 

Spot on.

38 minutes ago, John said:

£15m sounds about what Levy would test the water with. Remember the bid they made to sign Benteke all those years ago. We told him we would not shift on our asking price then I guess he thinks we won't be able to turn down a low bid this time. I hope he is proven wrong.. If we have to sell let's not sell for peanuts because Levy wouldn't.

Spot on.

35 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

If levy was in our position he would be demanding £75 million he would want £50 Million Mica Richards

Exactly.

I don't care what mess we me may be in behind closed doors, 1 I don't want to see him leave & 2 if it where to happen then not a penny less of £40m should be accepted + add ons  Cash upfront too.. none of this 'the buying club will pay £5m now and xx amount after so many games' etc.

• Like 2

He is going for a lot less than we are hoping. 15-18 million in our current mess. Spurs might throw in Onomah to make it look better deal

Edited by Zatman

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Onomah would be mad to come here on a permanent transfer, maybe another loan.

Not entirely.

When you have a manager come out and say his club should be breaking the bank for you, you know you're going to get your chances at that club.

That said, apparently Onomah is highly rated by Pochettino too.

18 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Damn I can't believe what a week has done, but I'd take 15 million and Onomah thrown in easily. I'd probably take 10 million and Onomah. 

Utter madness. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Why?

Jack won't be on huge wages. It would be better for us to try and get some of the bigger wages off the books to help balance things. 

In the grand scheme of how bad things are, selling our best asset for 10m would be crazy. Wouldn't even paper over the cracks.

Exactly, cashing in cheaply does us no favours in the medium to long term. The massive wage bill will still be massive, it looks like the club has realised this and is trying to sell Jedi Whelan and Elmo. Removing those three as well as the others who have already left, or returned to their parent clubs will hopefully be saving us a nice chunk of wages. If only Richards and McCormack would leave as well then things probably would be looking a lot healthier wage bill wise going forward.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Not entirely.

When you have a manager come out and say his club should be breaking the bank for you, you know you're going to get your chances at that club.

That said, apparently Onomah is highly rated by Pochettino too.

I still think there is the makings of a very good player with Onomah, we didn't see it last season but under the right management and with a bit of motivation on his part he will turn into a solid premier league player.

Â